Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I sure as gently caress don't want the government reading my poo poo. We have a right to privacy not "a right to privacy unless 5k people die one time"

really, nobody should be reading your poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

jfc is bob bib bob's closing down

no

but if it did then there would be any number of lovely 24 hr places ready to take its place

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Nothing you post is important enough for the government to care about.

i'm sure i'm on a bunch of lists given all the research i do on jihadists and the fbi hasn't met with my mom once to my knowledge.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No they weren't. They were referring to Trump posting a picture of him eating a taco bowl and talking about how much he loved Mexicans. You're a loving idiot sometimes.

doubling down eh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

seriously the whole "snowden went to russia to avoid going to jail" thing is the an absurd line of attack

when the standard is not only ostracising yourself totally and probably never getting to go home but also facing the angry beast that is US law enforcement that's a ridiculous standard for which basically nobody qualifies

person A did a courageous thing, but because he did not follow it up with another, though entirely unproductive courageous thing he is a coward

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

doubling down eh

The context is blatantly loving obvious.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

i'm sure i'm on a bunch of lists given all the research i do on jihadists and the fbi hasn't met with my mom once to my knowledge.

"haha hey brad do you think we should deal with the pussy b*ch down in rural illinois?"

"nah drew I don't think he's the balls to do poo poo"

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

My cat knows how to open the doors on the kitchen cabinets so every time the lawn gets mowed I find her hiding with the pots and pans.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

seriously the whole "snowden went to russia to avoid going to jail" thing is the an absurd line of attack

when the standard is not only ostracising yourself totally and probably never getting to go home but also facing the angry beast that is US law enforcement that's a ridiculous standard for which basically nobody qualifies

person A did a courageous thing, but because he did not follow it up with another, though entirely unproductive courageous thing he is a coward

it's pathetic

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dreylad posted:

was looking after a friend's dog this weekend and last night the thunderstorm caused her to shake and cry so i spent half the night up holding her to keep her from freaking out.

tired as poo poo, but poor dog

I wish my pup was scared of something. loving fearless hound but I think we'd both enjoy curling up on a chair to watch a thunderstorm.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

i've gone to jail out of principle before. so have a lot of people. gently caress snitching.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

Well think about it if he was brave he'd go to a country with an extradition treaty to the US.

Then spend the rest of his life in jail rather than having the freedom to walk around.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

i've gone to jail out of principle before. so have a lot of people. gently caress snitching.

hey man I have it on good evidence that snitches get stitches and I don't think Snowden deserves to taste the boots

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Volkerball posted:

i'm not sure it counts as snitching if you're doing it against the state, to the media

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

V. Illych L. posted:

Running to a quasi-authoritarian dictatorship kind of undermines your point.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah but now he has to walk around russia

terrible, terrible

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

"haha hey brad do you think we should deal with the pussy b*ch down in rural illinois?"

"nah drew I don't think he's the balls to do poo poo"

"haha, alright. well what else can we do?"

"well, here's that schizophrenic dude who flew to libya again. looks like he might really be looking at going to syria lmao"

*bzzzzzzzz*

"gently caress that, it's lunch time."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah but now he has to walk around russia

terrible, terrible

perhaps that is his punishment

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i don't think he does a lot of walking around in russia even tbh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

no it doesn't

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mr. Wookums posted:

I wish my pup was scared of something. loving fearless hound but I think we'd both enjoy curling up on a chair to watch a thunderstorm.

she's usually calm and fearless but obviously thunderstorms are the limit.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
what if the NSA are running a Last Starfighter-esque program and the most russia-vigilant internet posters become supersoldiers

bet you're rethinking your stance on privacy now eh

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

no it doesn't

it does, but why don't you go club some more seals

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

"haha, alright. well what else can we do?"

"well, here's that schizophrenic dude who flew to libya again. looks like he might really be looking at going to syria lmao"

*bzzzzzzzz*

"gently caress that, it's lunch time."

I like to imagine they have weekly strategy meetings to prevent another Caro happening.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if someone during the vietnam war or what have you exposed massive war crimes in the US system and then fled to the soviet union to avoid prosecution for it, it would not make them cowards despite the soviet union being a Bad Country

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

my impression has been that snowden gets to basically exist on a kind of a leash in russia and it is all a cruelly ironic fate

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

if someone during the vietnam war or what have you exposed massive war crimes in the US system and then fled to the soviet union to avoid prosecution for it, it would not make them cowards despite the soviet union being a Bad Country

That would have gotten them actually labeled traitors at the time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm not sure it counts as snitching if you're doing it against the state, to the media

i'm saying people have gone to jail rather than to snitch like a coward. so if people are willing to go to jail for something so minor as "i'm not gonna be a snitch," then snowden surely should've accepted the same judgement if he felt what he was revealing was legitimately dangerous and that he had to do something. refusing to just makes it look like he wants all the celebrity perks of being a whistleblower with none of the consequences.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Seriously, she'll sit and watch the vacuum running. Fire up the Cub Cadet and she's gone.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Then why the gently caress do they collect everything?

Aeryk posted:

really, nobody should be reading your poo poo

Tru dat

Tesseraction posted:

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Shut up accelerationist

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's not like he didn't try other places first but the mighty us fuckbarrel was on him and Russia was the only want who would take him. More to gently caress with the USA than anything I'm sure

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That would have gotten them actually labeled traitors at the time.

it probably would, but this is irrelevant to my point, which is strictly about how bonkers it is to call snowden a coward

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Volkerball posted:

no they were referring to latinos. as "taco bowls."

yeah you're definitely wrong about this, the email you're referring to was just mocking trump. look at the email's date - may 6th

trump did his cinco de mayo taco bowl tweet the day before.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

my impression has been that snowden gets to basically exist on a kind of a leash in russia and it is all a cruelly ironic fate

edward, come, we go to eurotrash club to sniff dope and get assaulted by Swedish House Mafia remixes of show tunes. harasho.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Volkerball posted:

i'm saying people have gone to jail rather than to snitch like a coward. so if people are willing to go to jail for something so minor as "i'm not gonna be a snitch," then snowden surely should've accepted the same judgement if he felt what he was revealing was legitimately dangerous and that he had to do something. refusing to just makes it look like he wants all the celebrity perks of being a whistleblower with none of the consequences.

toxic_masculinity.txt

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

it probably would, but this is irrelevant to my point, which is strictly about how bonkers it is to call snowden a coward

I don't think it's bonkers to say that if you're going to do something you should be willing to accept the known consequences. And, ironically, make it harder for you to ever be pardoned in the first place.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
who cares about snowden or his personal characteristics

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Shut up accelerationist

I was backing you up, idiot

I view the NSA programs as being gross violation of the fourth amendment.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
this morning my friend told me a story about going to the gay bar drunk for their tasty chicken strips, then going outside, falling over, faceplanting and spraying ranch dressing all over his mini cooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

V. Illych L. posted:

toxic_masculinity.txt

you know what all martyrs have in common

they get martyred in the end

• Locked thread