Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Eight years younger and a reason to bench Jared Jeffrey? Hell yeah.

Vancouver got suckered here. Fabi is way past it and not worth the wages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Between him and Blas Perez we have one complete (rear end in a top hat of a) depth striker who isn't an utterly terrible finisher for if Kudo gets injured again, and we're only on the hook for half a season of his contract.

Not ideal but for a midseason rental deal I'll take it I guess?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Eight years younger and a reason to bench Jared Jeffrey? Hell yeah.

Vancouver got suckered here. Fabi is way past it and not worth the wages.

Remember that time we let Chris Pontius go and he scored 7 goals and 4 assists in <20 games. Turns out it wasn't him it was us

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
When is DC's last season at RFK? I want to go to a NYRB away game to witness the dump once before it's done.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

When is DC's last season at RFK? I want to go to a NYRB away game to witness the dump once before it's done.

The new stadium is scheduled to open in 2018

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
While I think no one but me likes FC Dallas (or at least no one seems to talk about them), I thought I'd share the link.

Anyone wants to watch the USOC quarter between FCD and the Dynamo, here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78psSct5zo

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Seltzer posted:

2017 is the farewell season.

I'm gonna say this again because it's important to say: I love RFK. It's a crumbling concrete hole. It's completely lacking in modern amenities. It's too loving big. It's rusted through. The food is hazardous to your health. It's the exact opposite of the Prawn Sandwich Effect. And that's why it owns.

It's by a river and surrounded by trees and parks in the parking areas. The pitch itself is immaculate. The sight lines are excellent. It's a place to watch a sporting event. It excels at that.

2018 is going to be full of too-loud PA systems and targeted marketing and probably yet another Ben's Chili Bowl. It'll be overpriced and accessible via the most overcrowded section of the Metro. The sections won't bounce. THE loving STAND WILL NOT BOUNCE.

Seriously, there is no better feeling in area sports than the bouncing stands of RFK. When everyone is excited and cheering, it is the single best experience. I'll mourn its passing. We all should.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Remember that time we let Chris Pontius go and he scored 7 goals and 4 assists in <20 games. Turns out it wasn't him it was us

Remember when Chris Pontius spent two years rehabbing from injuries? Some of that is New Team Bounce. Some of that is full strength. And some of this, and we both know this, is the DC medical staff. A concussion might as well be the curse of the black spot. The fact that we haven't fired every physio, every trainer and every doctor on staff after decades of neglect is damning.

And yet everybody in the echo chamber said SHUT UP ALHAJI KAMARA IS FINE THE DOCTORS SAID SO. Why anyone would trust the doctors that missed EJ's heart defect and let a concussion end the careers of Raul Diaz Arce and Davy Arnaud, amongst others (Bryan Namoff's wife wants to go on a killing spree in RFK, and there ain't a jury in the world that would convict her) should give us all pause.

They asked if I wanted to renew my season tickets. I don't. They don't deserve the tick on the league spreadsheet for it.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

USMC_Karl posted:

While I think no one but me likes FC Dallas (or at least no one seems to talk about them)

There are a couple of us here, but I bet there weren't many who shouted at the screen when Fabian scored that game-winning goal like I did :unsmith:

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

TheNakedJimbo posted:

There are a couple of us here, but I bet there weren't many who shouted at the screen when Fabian scored that game-winning goal like I did :unsmith:

Hell, yeah. Beautiful moment. I was dreading 30 more minutes for a squad that has to go play at Colorado on Saturday.

Us FC Dallas fans aren't particularly numerous, but we don't have to be when the team speaks for itself.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It's by a river and surrounded by trees and parks in the parking areas.

I dunno about the rest of it, but the tailgating at RFK is pretty great.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

here's your Peter Pappas kickback scheme diagam

there's probably some lawyer goon who can tell me what's exactly going on

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DOOP posted:

here's your Peter Pappas kickback scheme diagam

there's probably some lawyer goon who can tell me what's exactly going on

He got paid a little bit of money to get his health insurance to pay some people a lot of money. He also recruited other people to do the same thing.

Edit: where "a little" and "a lot" are relative to each other, not to normal human amounts of money.

tk fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 21, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Pharmacy Chain: "Hey Marketing Company, we'll pay you $X per prescription you send our way" (Conspiracy)
Marketing Company: "Hey Peter Pappas, we'll pay you $X to increase prescriptions carried out by Pharmacy Chain by any means necessary"
Pappas: "Hey friends, file a bunch of claims for XYZ prescriptions through Pharmacy Chain, even if you don't need it"
Pappas and friends file claims for prescriptions they don't need (Insurance fraud)
Their employers give Pharmacy Chain a bunch of money for said prescriptions
Pharmacy Chain gives Marketing Company their cut (Kickback)
Marketing Company pays Pappas
Repeat until indictment

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Vengarr posted:

Only real complaint is that the Union havegqd BIMBO on the front of their shirts. I can't buy one of those in good conscience.

It's insanely funny to me how salty white people are about the name of the biggest bakery on the continent.

Rock the BIMBO shirt with pride man, I would, I hope DC gets Sponsored by Kum & Go I'd rep that shirt every loving day.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Would be better than literal warmongers Leidos

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Actually Fancy, warmongers and pyramid shcemes are perfectly acceptable sponsors, but not businesses with funny names, that's a sacred line.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Admitting to liking anything is a worse sin than a thousand Holocausts. It's the goon way.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Actually Fancy, warmongers and pyramid shcemes are perfectly acceptable sponsors, but not businesses with funny names, that's a sacred line.

I'm slightly bummed that there isn't an MLM Cup between LA/RSL/Dallas/San Jose when they were with Amway.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Star Man posted:

Admitting to liking anything is a worse sin than a thousand Holocausts. It's the goon way.

Everything owns. Embrace the old sincerity.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

I'm slightly bummed that there isn't an MLM Cup between LA/RSL/Dallas/San Jose when they were with Amway.

You have to convince four people to buy tickets, then you get yours for free.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Where does Valspar sit on the continuum of problematic MLS sponsors? As a paint company that's been around since the 19th century, I bet they've poisoned at least a few people with industrial runoff or something.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I am still shocked that the Galaxy aren't sponsored by Samsung, but then again that makes too much sense.

Homer Pick: Sounders have the best sponsor in the league, but that isn't a tough task considering most of the competition.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jack2142 posted:

I am still shocked that the Galaxy aren't sponsored by Samsung, but then again that makes too much sense.

Homer Pick: Sounders have the best sponsor in the league, but that isn't a tough task considering most of the competition.

Hey man, Herbalife pays more than anyone else in the league. That's why we've never wavered

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I'm glad MLS added the OK for water breaks this season. It's crazy hot out there.

Oh yeah, hi everyone! My team is terrible! Still pretty fun to watch though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Are any of you fags going to the "Hudson Derby" or whatever the gently caress they're trying to call this poo poo tomorrow?

There's about an 80% chance I'll be there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Why can't Zach Scott just retire and move back to Hawaii... FFS we are probably going to open an Academy there soon with him as a coach or something since we claimed it as HGP territory somehow last season. People thought I was crazy for saying Mears way overperformed last season and was gonna crash like Pineda and he has been dogshit all season. Also This...

https://twitter.com/AleBedoya17/status/757326731682471936

we loving lowballed Bedoya one of the few decent American midfielders and then turned around to hand a DP contract to Nelson Valdez who has played less and worse somehow than CHAD loving BARRETT!!!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

To quote myself from the GDT:

whypick1 posted:

I think I'm just going to stop watching Sounders game this season. Can't even be bad in an entertaining way.

And this was before that Bedoya tweet :shepicide:

Go Rapids.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I'd give most of the USWNT double what I'd be willing to pay Bedoya. He can gently caress off any ol' day.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

whypick1 posted:

Go Rapids.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

we loving lowballed Bedoya one of the few decent American midfielders and then turned around to hand a DP contract to Nelson Valdez who has played less and worse somehow than CHAD loving BARRETT!!!

Valdez is bad, but bedoya is a wasteman dork and you guys made the right call not signing him.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Olympiakos has offered SKC $3m for Dwyer, clearly with a disregard for Sydney and the baby, those jerks

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

Olympiakos has offered SKC $3m for Dwyer, clearly with a disregard for Sydney and the baby, those jerks

I don't think he'll go. He's The Guy in KC right now and he seems happy enough. What is it with MLS players heading to Greece/Cyprus, anyway?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jack2142 posted:

Why can't Zach Scott just retire and move back to Hawaii... FFS we are probably going to open an Academy there soon with him as a coach or something since we claimed it as HGP territory somehow last season. People thought I was crazy for saying Mears way overperformed last season and was gonna crash like Pineda and he has been dogshit all season. Also This...

Who cares. It's Alejandro Bedoya. He sucks and you're better off without him whiny social media bullshit in your locker room.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
drat there's a lot of hostility towards Alejandro Bedoya. What did he do to all of you?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

whypick1 posted:

To quote myself from the GDT:

And this was before that Bedoya tweet :shepicide:

Go Rapids.

You will continue to watch your shitheap of a team, regardless of the soul deadening badness they make you feel. This is your first bad year. We're in year five of the Ben Olsen experiment, and you will sit down and watch your team, you son of a bitch.

Burn with me.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nostradingus posted:

I don't think he'll go. He's The Guy in KC right now and he seems happy enough. What is it with MLS players heading to Greece/Cyprus, anyway?

In some cases (Doneil Henry?) it's an easy way to get an EU passport. Mostly it's just a league that's still in Europe but that good MLS players will look decent in.

In any case, it looks like KC aren't selling:

https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/757582040766087168

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

You will continue to watch your shitheap of a team, regardless of the soul deadening badness they make you feel. This is your first bad year. We're in year five of the Ben Olsen experiment, and you will sit down and watch your team, you son of a bitch.

Burn with me.

Even though I've been out of town for most of the Sounders games, I still force myself to watch them on MLS live. They are bad, but slowly getting better. Hell, I still think they can make the playoffs this year.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

SeaTard posted:

Even though I've been out of town for most of the Sounders games, I still force myself to watch them on MLS live. They are bad, but slowly getting better. Hell, I still think they can make the playoffs this year.

Your drugs are good drugs.

MLS has great parity. Every team except LA is allowed to have a terrible season sometimes.

I'm ok with the lovely results this year, although I do hope it prompts them to get rid of Lagerway and perhaps Sigi. I wish the other things the FO were doing would stop, like that clear bag policy bullshit.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Was Taters posted:

I wish the other things the FO were doing would stop, like that clear bag policy bullshit.

That's league-wide though.

And I doubt Lagerway would go before Sigi considering he only just got hired last year.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Burn with me.

If I burn with you can I at least drink the whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

You guys probably know this already, but Borchers snapped his Achilles on Saturday and is out for the season at the least.

Also it looks like Portland will be signing Steven Taylor from Newcastle as well.

• Locked thread