Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Berniebros don't care about anything but themselves, so makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SquadronROE posted:

making people think we're all against each other.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's not just a thought, judging by the number of people wishing ill will against bernie supporters in this thread alone

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

theblackw0lf posted:

So do these Bernie delegates booing realize they are totally undermining their movement?

Bernie delegates are petulant children

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

TPP isn't being supported by Clinton.

Publicly now no, it's not, but she pushed for it previously source . Kaine supposedly does support it as well but I don't have a link handy.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hahah yeah because Trump is totally gonna veto it

What does that have to do with it? Democrats are using their national convention to express their views, which may or may not be represented by the party's chosen candidate based on her previous voting record.

potato of destiny posted:

Pshaw with your "facts".

You're right, I misspoke, but assuming that people who disagree with you don't have access to facts (instead of presenting them yourself) makes you a jerk.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Is the cspan player just garbage or wtf

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

theblackw0lf posted:

So do these Bernie delegates booing realize they are totally undermining their movement?

making GBS threads on a distinguished black speaker at the DNC: something Bernouts literally just did.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

theblackw0lf posted:

They're not undermining anything since next month history will have forgotten them. Meanwhile Clinton will be on her merry way to the whitehouse and the democrats will have been pulled to the left by Sanders. Nothing that the idiots do right now matters. :beerpal:

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Brannock posted:

It's been amazing seeing so many people in this forum just straight up contemptuously hate anyone who didn't vote for Hillary in the primary.

that has pretty much never happened.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

kelvron posted:

So is every stream doing the platform committee video, or just the youtube?

And I definitely don't remember anything like this at the RNC

There were several videos at the RNC, the space one and the Trump-in-NYC one at least.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

botany posted:

They have no choice under the rules, do they?

They don't, I mean like...willing to say they'll vote for Clinton in the GE and not literally chant over Eli Cummings talking about his history with race relations in America to bring attention to an issue that was dropped from the platform as they wanted and is no longer supported.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Minrad posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion it's not just a thought, judging by the number of people wishing ill will against bernie supporters in this thread alone

I dont want anything bad to happen to them

I want them to shut the gently caress up and realize this is a battle for the future of loving America and maybe chill on the disruption

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Brannock posted:

"No TPP" chants at the major national convention is heartening.

It's been amazing seeing so many people in this forum just straight up contemptuously hate anyone who didn't vote for Hillary in the primary.

Chanting it is one thing, chanting it at Eli Cummings while he's talking about his sharecropper father is another. Surely you're capable of seeing this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

I do hate myself, true

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brannock posted:

That sure is a nice strawman you've set up.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

St. John Coltrane posted:

Is the cspan player just garbage or wtf

Youtube live stream seems okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePB39acAtA

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bernie delegates are petulant children

https://twitter.com/jasonnobledmr/status/757665317510230016

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Not watching at the moment because of work, but so far is the DNC worse than the RNC? It sounds like adult babies are ruining everything.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
They seem to have stopped, maybe someone explained to them that they can just yank their credentials if they need to.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Democrats are using their national convention to express their views,

Hahahaha no they aren't you stupid poo poo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Basically chanting about a trade policy while a black guy talks about his family is whiteprivilege.txt

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Publicly now no, it's not, but she pushed for it previously source . Kaine supposedly does support it as well but I don't have a link handy.

She supported it as SoS, which you more or less basically have to.

Kaine supported fast-track authority for the President, but didn't say whether he'd vote for it on final appeal.

That does not mean that chanting No TPP during Eli Cummings speech was remotely appropriate.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Legit I voted for Bernie in the primary so this "hate anyone who voted againt Hillary" thing is dumb

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Brannock posted:

Fear of Trump does funny things.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Shut up everyone and get behind our uninspiring center-right candidate who is so bad they need your help to win against Donald loving Trump, of all people!

If Hillary manages to lose the lection it won't be because of Berniebros.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
this guy's got some serious :stare:

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Congress is gonna pass TPP during the lame duck and Obama will sign it, deal w it

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I do hate myself, true

Yeah, same. I'm totally hating myself. I'm happy people are making their voices heard, but c'mon. The party heard you already and the candidate publicly said she supports your position. Be happy with that, and let's show people we are ready to beat Trump together. Rather than fighting each other even longer.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why is this shlub in a polo shirt? Can't even bother with a button up when speaking?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Not watching at the moment because of work, but so far is the DNC worse than the RNC? It sounds like adult babies are ruining everything.

Not at all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

And next up on the podium is the guy who looks like he owns a real doll

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

It's mostly just petty non-sense, but it's fine. Everything is going fine and after tonight when Bernie speaks they'll be fine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TomViolence posted:

Shut up everyone and get behind our uninspiring center-right candidate who is so bad they need your help to win against Donald loving Trump, of all people!

'haha look at this retard who needs votes to win an election. St Bernard would simply ascend to the golden throne as was his divine right.'

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

emdash posted:

this guy's got some serious :stare:

The Democratic Party is the party of the people, warts and all!
:911:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And next up on the podium is the guy who looks like he owns a real doll

owns and frequently repairs

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
You can vote for Bernie and still be disappointed at what's going on right now. Even Bernie has stated multiple times that a Trump Presidency would be a disaster, this is not the hill to die on.

There is a Scotus seat available RIGHT NOW! There is a chance of getting the Senate again if we would just get our heads out of our rears and think strategically. Don't gift wrap this for Trump... He will destroy us.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

So far the speakers have been really good aside from one Maine delegate that quoted Dumbledore, but there's a few delegates in the crowd that are chanting crap in the middle of the speeches that aren't really appropriate.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Legit I voted for Bernie in the primary so this "hate anyone who voted againt Hillary" thing is dumb

:same: except I caucused for him. I'm not attending a caucus ever again.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chant some more and maybe they'll remove TPP from the party platform and Clinton will come out against it!

Ohhhh errrrrr

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
This platform puts a chicken in every pot, a foot in every mouth.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

TomViolence posted:

If Hillary is "center-right," "center right" is meaningless as description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Trabisnikof posted:

There were several videos at the RNC, the space one and the Trump-in-NYC one at least.

I'll have to go back and look those up.

BTW, loving this guy (Paul Booth). He was great on 30 Rock.

Goo Goo Ga Ga. Vote for Hillary.

• Locked thread