Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I love how this guy looks like a meek accountant but is throwing down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

yeah this guy is cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
This guy is pulling some straight up Barack in 2004 poo poo

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I have never seen a good post by you, glad you're keeping it up

Well at least you've been paying attention.

emdash posted:

can you just set out what you're hoping to accomplish by posting in this thread now so we can cut to the chase/ignore you as appropriate?

nah I just wanna TV/IV the DNC because it's gonna be a shitshow. I don't care about immigration though, I think it's weird that we have people living with dog collars around their ankles, seems like a huge waste of time and money and seems kinda creepy. Besides, Mexican immigrants behave themselves much better than Middle Eastern ones. ;)

Are we going to get to the part where Bernie Sanders decides that he's had enough and hijacks the DNC soon

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

explain exactly how she's worse

Well you see, he's a whitebread piece of human garbage

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
all of this spanish owns

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It's like they are purposely trying to give Republican voters a heart attack.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I want this guy, Philly Guido, and that one lady from earlier who spoke like a baptist preacher to do a campaign tour goddamn

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
This isn't very fun compared to the RNC

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I love how this guy looks like a meek accountant but is throwing down

yea whenever I see him I'm always surprised by 'oh right this little nerdy dude goes wild when you push him'.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Xombie posted:

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. They're complaining that the DNC didn't bow 100% to their demands. Combined with that they're also complaining that they lost the vote for the primary, they're overall complaining about the concepts of compromise and democracy. This is why people are accusing them of being petulant. The DNC isn't going to listen to them when they act like that, no one wants to hear out someone who isn't willing to negotiate.

Well, for some people, TPP is *the* issue that they care about- or fracking, or whatever other issue was left out. For them, it's not about % of what was included, it was about what was left out. And in this instance there is a large enough group of other people who agree who want to speak out about things together.

quote:

Because we aren't talking about voters who have already decided. We're talking about undecided voters. There's a reason there's a convention bump: because these people are watching. And the momentum coming out of the convention does matter.

The thing is that they do have a candidate. Their own candidate is endorsing one. He's spoken about how many issues they have in common. A candidate that he's stumping for. Beyond that, a candidate that has shown willing to invite him to the grown-up table. The Democratic party may be far less willing to bring him to that table if the movement he made sabotages their bounce. If they show that he doesn't really have influence over them, that diminishes his power. This is an instance where not being vocal would do a lot more for their issues. This is what people mean when they say there's a time and a place for this sort of thing.

I understand what you're saying. I still don't agree that the protests have the potential to be the reason for a Trump presidency. If the dems split off into third party voters, I'm more wont to blame the platform for not representing people, than the people themselves for having those values. I agree that having Bernie at the table would be a net positive, but I think holding him hostage depending on the boisterousness of his base is part of the overall cultural problem of demeaning protests. They aren't supposed to happen at appropriate times and places; if they weren't disruptive, who would pay attention? But I appreciate your point of view and thank you for putting the frustration of others in a way that makes sense and is easier to empathize with. I think that we may fundamentally disagree on the process of this specific protest, but ultimately agree that voices are important and we really, really do not want a Trump presidency.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This guy is the height of Berniebro Bernouts

http://www.wsj.com/video/bernies-booers-some-sanders-fans-sound-off-on-clinton/ED8D3C7E-D2B8-46EF-BAE3-641E6C0D3862.html

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Less votes for Trump.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Democratic party has a great record on immigration. Instead of a literal wall they just use a wall of paperwork.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I want this guy, Philly Guido, and that one lady from earlier who spoke like a baptist preacher to do a campaign tour goddamn

Or form a rock band.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TyrantWD posted:

Perhaps it is the Democrats who will make America great again, then.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN is probably just Republican line callers in mashing 1

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

nah I just wanna TV/IV the DNC because it's gonna be a shitshow. I don't care about immigration though, I think it's weird that we have people living with dog collars around their ankles, seems like a huge waste of time and money and seems kinda creepy. Besides, Mexican immigrants behave themselves much better than Middle Eastern ones. ;)

Are we going to get to the part where Bernie Sanders decides that he's had enough and hijacks the DNC soon

you went too far too soon buddy go back and try again later

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this is the most American campaign team, yea

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

loving progressive rear end racists.

Gangsta Boogie
Jan 16, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

This is my last post to you, but you are lame as gently caress and super salty. But keep it going.

Anouther riveting comeback. Fluff Daddy is just as corny and uninspired as your comebacks and your avatar for some reason screams "Im the token black friend for my white friends"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
man /r/s4p must be livid with all this pandering going on.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Reason posted:

Democratic party has a great record on immigration. Instead of a literal wall they just use a wall of paperwork.

The dem history on immigration, like a lot of things, shifts majorly around 2008.

Unions really fought against reform for a long time.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Reason posted:

Good thing he isn't running for president.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TyrantWD posted:

Nah, if they were doing that they'd have Collins lover introduce him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I did not know Collins was Legit Friends with the Clintons, cool.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Time to open up a direct IV line of minorities, gays, women, and immigrants, drat.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yo that's a loving baller rainbuerto rican flag

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha yes just crushing the 'Clinton only cared about gays when it was cool' narrative

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Yo that's a loving baller rainbuerto rican flag

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Anouther riveting comeback. Fluff Daddy is just as corny and uninspired as your comebacks and your avatar for some reason screams "Im the token black friend for my white friends"

You have achieved a level beyond salt

It is called super salty god super salty

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Ooh time to dunk on NC Republicans for being anti-LGBT pieces of poo poo, yay!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Who is this adorable looking jacket and t-shirt wearing dork

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Reason posted:

Deported means "turned away at the border"

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Nah, if they were doing that they'd have Collins lover introduce him.

I was typing too many words on the internet and missed it, but who was the other guy on the stage with him?

Uhhh hipster dave navarro on stage now for some reason

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
This guy's hair does NOT represent my hometown

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you went too far too soon buddy go back and try again later

lol if that's too far for you, drink some milk and grow up ;)

The parade of minorities is great, but none of what they are saying seems to make sense, because they claim to be talking about Hillary "Superpredator" Clinton.

Reason posted:

hey woah you've gone too far now

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't know but I want that shirt.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

dude's hair and beard game is elite-tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

8-Bit Scholar posted:

lol if that's too far for you, drink some milk and grow up ;)

The parade of minorities is great, but none of what they are saying seems to make sense, because they claim to be talking about Hillary "Superpredator" Clinton.

It's almost as though no one cares about that but dumb white people

• Locked thread