Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Look, it's a minority speaker, time for white burnout fuckboys to run their mouths. :jerkbag:

This speech owns though and Booker gives no fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As I said in the other thread, Bernie Bros are like Pats fans

Not all Bernie Bros are like that, but jesus christ the ones that are

This is a good analogy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
hahahaha the second they realized he was talking about protecting the lives of black protesters they shut the gently caress up

Vilerats Mom
Jul 23, 2016

by Shine
I hope Bernie knows what to say to convince as many as he can tonight.

He needs to hammer it home exactly what is at stake not just for the country but for his movement and the members of it.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
The Bernie Bros realize that 'ol Bern didn't get the votes, right? I voted for Bernie and really wanted him to win but it was not in the cards. Bernie needs to come out there tonight and put an end to the children who are out there causing trouble.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HorseRenoir posted:

lol the five people trying to start a "war hawk" chant during Booker's speech is the most pathetic thing ever

no the most pathetic now was them shifting to 'black lives matter' literally as the black man they were shouting to started talking about how yes indeed black lives do matter

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
This is a pretty good speech.

I didn't watch most of the RNC but I'm assuming anyone protesting loudly was dragged out and beaten instead of getting to fruitlessly yell?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I interpreted the chant as a pro-Booker chant, being that he just mentioned criminal justice reform.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I went to school with Booker and he was good friends with my roommate so I got to know him a bit. He was very thoughtful and considerate, and had one of the smaller egos on the football team. I hope he stays somewhat grounded, at least for a major party political rising star. From what I've read about his efforts to make New Jersey cities better places for kids, I'm optimistic that he'll continue to be a positive force for good.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

this is a loving trip

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I don't know poo poo about Booker but he's a hell of a public speaker.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Winkie01 posted:

Its good no way in hell is it as good as Obama's 2004 speech tho

Ok I'll walk that back. The 2004 speech was some once in a generation poo poo, this is definitely in the ballpark though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gio posted:

Gee, how awful of them not to bend the knee to an establishment that seemed pretty content on ignoring them and their concerns since, well, forever.

Fortress liberalism has failed the human race for the past 30 years and we're watching the death of the enlightenment on tv.

Should've made the cute the Mexican girl the nominee tbh.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

The Bernie Bros realize that 'ol Bern didn't get the votes, right? I voted for Bernie and really wanted him to win but it was not in the cards. Bernie needs to come out there tonight and put an end to the children who are out there causing trouble.

he's already tried twice, they just turned on him as a traitor to the cause

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I liked Booker for a long time but he's got some gnarly views on finance/big banks. So if that matters to you sorry for the broken heart :(

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Gio posted:

Gee, how awful of them not to bend the knee to an establishment that seemed pretty content on ignoring them and their concerns since, well, forever.

HI I've never voted ever and I hate the democrats

Please pander to me and my stupid ideas

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Cory sounds like he needs some water

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Metapod posted:

Are Bernie Bros really this terrible or are these an extreme bunch?

If you actually suffered from the crash of 2008 (probably the right time many people in the sanders crowd came into the job market) then you may still be out for blood after watching Obama pardon and ignore all those crimes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sean10mm posted:

Look, it's a minority speaker, time for white burnout fuckboys to run their mouths. :jerkbag:

This speech owns though and Booker gives no fucks.

I like how Booker just looked at them like "bring it"

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Yes but Hillary said "super predator" once when campaigning for a crime bill supported by black community leaders, you see

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

GOOCHY posted:

no they legitimately believe that he won and got hosed over. Even pointing out the amount of votes he lost by doesn't matter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Booker is so fake.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Can I just vote for booker? I like this guy

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

The bernie boos will soon switch to a prevent defense as man coverage has been eviscerated by Booker

Vilerats Mom
Jul 23, 2016

by Shine

GOOCHY posted:

No the majority believe the election was stolen because exit polls were wrong.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Kumo posted:

There are a lot of minorities and women who support/ed Sanders.

But virtually none are Bernie or bust.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Kumo posted:

There are a lot of minorities and women who support/ed Sanders.

Yup, and the overwhelming majority of them are among the 80-90% of Sanders supporters who crossed over when he endorsed Hillary. The people we're mad at right now are the holdouts.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't know poo poo about Booker but he's a hell of a public speaker.

Meh, it seems heartless. BUT ENERGY!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gio posted:

Bernie's now part of the establishment, hosed up

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fuckin' quoting Maya loving Angelou

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

no the most pathetic now was them shifting to 'black lives matter' literally as the black man they were shouting to started talking about how yes indeed black lives do matter

Seriously what the gently caress

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I gotta wonder how many of these kids pissed off know who Maya Angelou was

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Cory Brooker seems to own every time I ever see him doing anything. People in USPol thread didn't seem to like him though when he was possibly a vp choice

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

GOOCHY posted:

But if it wasn't for those states where OBVIOUS VOTER FRAUD occurred, Bernie would have had an overwhelming majority of the votes there and surpassed Hillary! :qq:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bernie laughing and then giving the finger pyramid of contemplation

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I like how Booker just looked at them like "bring it"

why would you even try to do a piddly rear end chant over Booker's energy? Like, did they seriously think he'd get shook from five dudes chanting a thing he agrees with and is literally talking about?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Dirt posted:

Cory Brooker seems to own every time I ever see him doing anything. People in USPol thread didn't seem to like him though.

He cozies up to finance/bankers, which sucks gigantic donkey dick, but other than that Brooker is awesome.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Vilerats Mom posted:

I hope Bernie knows what to say to convince as many as he can tonight.

He needs to hammer it home exactly what is at stake not just for the country but for his movement and the members of it.

"I'm doing my best Jesus Christ impersonation. Loving those who hate me and making the sacrifice to build a movement for you and ensure that all the things I've fought for, over the many years of my public life, do not vanish or are destroyed by Trump."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bernie looks like he's gonna puke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

Monowhatever posted:

Can I just vote for booker? I like this guy

You can in 4-8 years.

• Locked thread