Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dirt posted:

Cory Brooker seems to own every time I ever see him doing anything. People in USPol thread didn't seem to like him though.

perfect is always the enemy of the good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jimbot posted:

That's debatable. In certain terms, the messaging has.

I doubt it. For some, I imagine so, but I'm not going to generalize the people there. And for those who did plan that way, I can't say I blame them considering how Bernie was treated by the media and the DNC since his campaign started getting traction. And how they're regarded by people who swallow the party's messaging.

It's not debatable, you can go read the loving platform!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gail Wynand posted:

I want to see Michelle throw some motherfucking shade though

Nah yo. This is possibly the last time the nation at large gets to hear from the first lady. I just want her to tell me the tale of how we grow up big and strong to achieve all our most marvelous dreams. I already miss the Obamas.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If Cory gets any more animated he is gonna start doing a song from Hamilton goddamn

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

The bernie boos will soon switch to a prevent defense as man coverage has been eviscerated by Booker
Those Bernie bros have families!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Fuckin' quoting Maya loving Angelou

I've got chills.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Gio posted:

Gee, how awful of them not to bend the knee to an establishment that seemed pretty content on ignoring them and their concerns since, well, forever.

They haven't been ignored, Bernie leveraged some pretty significant concessions for his endorsement, and they're being petulant, whining loudly does no good for anyone save Trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Holy poo poo what a speech

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
He's really good at this

I mean really good

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
He's bringing the house down yessssssssss

Vilerats Mom
Jul 23, 2016

by Shine

Tatum Girlparts posted:

why would you even try to do a piddly rear end chant over Booker's energy? Like, did they seriously think he'd get shook from five dudes chanting a thing he agrees with and is literally talking about?

Five white dudes too. He's black. Strong black men can beat up any white man. Known fact.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That speech was 200 times better than anything I heard at RNC last week

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

matureaudiencesonly posted:

I liked Booker for a long time but he's got some gnarly views on finance/big banks. So if that matters to you sorry for the broken heart :(

You just got to get him out of New Jersey so finance/big banks aren't his constituency anymore.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dirt posted:

Cory Brooker seems to own every time I ever see him doing anything. People in USPol thread didn't seem to like him though when he was possibly a vp choice

He is only center left on wallstreet and supports charter schools, so he is literally a republican, apparently

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

Booker is so fake.

Is he an enemy, of Rutgers Athletics?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I already feel bad for the poor Trump University student who gets to speak next.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If Cory gets any more animated he is gonna start doing a song from Hamilton goddamn

He's Christopher Jackson's alternate

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Oh man the rest of this thing is going to be a huge anti-trump hugbox it's going to be glorious.

Hillary needs to start think about broadening her attacks from Trump to the Republicans in general.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Cory killin' it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vilerats Mom posted:

I hope Bernie knows what to say to convince as many as he can tonight.

He needs to hammer it home exactly what is at stake not just for the country but for his movement and the members of it.

I honestly don't think anything he says will satisfy the Bernie Bros. He lost control of them (you could argue he never had it to begin), and they have their own agenda at this point.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Cynicism is the refuge of cowards. :drat:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
There's a constant shot of Bernie sitting in the arena on CNN and he just dropped his speech.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

CJTheran posted:

You can in 4-8 years.

That's why he's here, he's auditioning.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cory needs to wrap this the gently caress up. He's going long.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress the end to that speech was amazing

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dirt posted:

Cory Brooker seems to own every time I ever see him doing anything. People in USPol thread didn't seem to like him though when he was possibly a vp choice

A lot of people don't understand that there's no such thing as a perfect candidate. Personally I'll take the dude who saves kittens and runs into a burning building over an empty suit with equally bad views on other stuff. At least we know he values lives

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nutranurse posted:

He cozies up to finance/bankers, which sucks gigantic donkey dick, but other than that Brooker is awesome.

Pretty much, shockingly he's not a perfect human being and I disagree with him on some poo poo but man he's real good about most things and he's got tons of energy and eagerness to work for the party. He's not going anywhere but up and Clinton loves him, say hi to your president in 8 years

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Way to take it to 11, Corey

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Best speech I have heard in a long rear end time.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Dude got Billy Bob hyped

I'm hyped too

Yay America!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's a tough loving act to follow Jesus Christ

Bill just stoked he isn't speaking tonight

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
goddamn

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol that beat the poo poo out of all 4 days of the RNC

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I think it's the same guy yelling

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lol Trumpsters chanting

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
What are the dickweeds chanting now? "Trump no unity no?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
no unity no what?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

wowowow Cory Booker and Elizabeth Warren on the same night!?!?! :vince:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Nice Street Fighter V reference #RiseUp