Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

potato of destiny posted:

yeah it landed in slavistanDubai a few hours ago

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:jackbud:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hillary came out in favor of that a few weeks ago, if I remember correctly.

You mean in the early 90s, right?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is gonna be the avatar for everyone who posts in the August USPol thread, isn't it?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Someone please put this in the US Pol OP for this month and every month.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

oswald ownenstein posted:

hahahaha - so when your darling democrat does something you don't like that turns him into a republican?

:allears:

This was the first thing that popped up on google.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

But I've seen similar things before. Hillary is always right of center on these things. 40 years ago she would have been labelled a republican. That's how far things have swung to the right. Huzzah!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Peter Pan

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

weekly font posted:

I mean, literally, yes. This is all of their first election.

I remember when Obama lost New Hampshire I had a meltdown in my bedroom. But I got over it and look at me now, my life's going great!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Oh poo poo, dropping the public option!

the entire democratic establishment has come out for it

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Glumslinger posted:

You mean in the early 90s, right?

Well yeah, that too. But for this election.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Discendo Vox posted:

mixed metaphors, see me after class.

discendo vox owned 8-bit scholar, can't even call it dunking anymore, it's a loving penalty shot

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Right, but ending the War on Drugs could be done right loving now, before this country explodes into a powder keg.

the USA is way too big to explode all at once. at that point you're just nuking the planet

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

he's just mad 'cause he has to grow up now

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

BERNIE: We must band together to stop Donald Trump!

BROS: BOOO, WE TRUSTED YOU, NO UNITY NO TRUST

Bernie's eyes dart around the room with a worried look on his face.

AUDIO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nice

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

What's up with the pied piper hats?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There needs to be a white people mourning Bernie page.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I started out as a Bernie loyalist and hold a great deal of affection for him to this day. I don't blame anybody for getting emotional at this moment. It's a good speech and he's doing a good job.

Y'all are being morbid

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Peter Pander Harder Or I Will Cry

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Eeeeexcellent.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Shillary posted:

I've been voting for Clintons since 1992 and I have never cried about a campaign, win or lose. These people are loving children.

Or they put a lot of effort, emotion, and trust in a movement that is now ended, in a room full of people also feeling strong emotions, during an official 'concession' speech by the candidate they fought for.

People cry during the general when their candidate loses all the time. It doesn't make these people immature or stupid.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Waltzing Along posted:

This was the first thing that popped up on google.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

But I've seen similar things before. Hillary is always right of center on these things. 40 years ago she would have been labelled a republican. That's how far things have swung to the right. Huzzah!

20 years ago she was "too far left to be a major figure and will hurt Bill's chances" dofus

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Asnorban posted:

Middle out compression is the future

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Shillary posted:

I've been voting for Clintons since 1992 and I have never cried about a campaign, win or lose. These people are loving children.

Making fun of people who feel strongly about a candidate by calling them children?

Truly the Democratic ideal.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Asnorban posted:

Probably some sort of dumb obtuse "DemocRATS" joke.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

:golfclap:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Or they put a lot of effort, emotion, and trust in a movement that is now ended, in a room full of people also feeling strong emotions, during an official 'concession' speech by the candidate they fought for.

People cry during the general when their candidate loses all the time. It doesn't make these people immature or stupid.

Its still funny

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the entire democratic establishment has come out for it

I really wasn't expecting it to be named dropped on the convention stage though.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

There needs to be a white people mourning Bernie page.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784363&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Bern doing a good job laying out why Hillary != Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really do like Bernie. I wish he'd won. :unsmith:

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Why are there so many Peter Pan hats?

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Its still funny

yes, but not because they are bad people.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sleeptalker posted:

The Republicans do not believe she is right-wing.

Of course they don't. But it's convenient to them if Democrats do, and Democrats were perfectly content to use Republican propaganda to justify to themselves why they don't like Hillary when her policies aren't significantly different from Bernie's at this point.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Epic High Five posted:

I started out as a Bernie loyalist and hold a great deal of affection for him to this day. I don't blame anybody for getting emotional at this moment. It's a good speech and he's doing a good job.

Y'all are being morbid

I understand getting passionate, but anyone getting that emotional over politics is just crazy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

matureaudiencesonly posted:

yeah this thread is getting weird as gently caress

• Locked thread