Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
....was that meant for the Adam Carolla podcast thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No I think he's mad at us.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Gotta get it on, got to get it on, no choice but to get it oooonnnnnn *mattress on the 405, mattress on the 405* bleeeeghgh everybody welcome SINthyia, that's with an S folks *Kandy stage 3 Kandy stage 3*

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Gotta get it on, got to get it on, no choice but to get it oooonnnnnn *mattress on the 405, mattress on the 405* bleeeeghgh everybody welcome SINthyia, that's with an S folks *Kandy stage 3 Kandy stage 3*

Van Nuys checking in at 95 degrees 5 minutes and 10 seconds from the top of the hour

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Checkin' in with the news, weather, sports, sports, news, weather, weather, news, and spoooooooooooooooooorts every half-hour, 5 of the hour, 10 of the hour, 15 of the hour, 20 of the hour, 25 of the hour,

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

https://youtu.be/N06oiezVGdM

The kid desperately trying to correct adam and the final LOOK OUT FOR BRAKE LIGHTS are goddamn amazing

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

stringball posted:

https://youtu.be/N06oiezVGdM

The kid desperately trying to correct adam and the final LOOK OUT FOR BRAKE LIGHTS are goddamn amazing

drat I miss this Adam and Drew

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
It was such a shame that they didn't look out for that nuclear armament truck on their way home from the studio that night back in 2006. They are sorely missed.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 26, 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

hiddenmovement posted:

It was such a shame that they didn't look out for that nuclear armament truck on their way home from the studio that night back in 2006. They are sorely missed.

They should have looked out for breaklights on the 405.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Solvent posted:

That's it.

Ok. I can't loving stand this guy anymore. Adam, what the gently caress. That guest cohost that cackles like Jaba the Hut's muppet pet was killing me, the now constant mention of Trump, which I am just tired of hearing about, negative or positive, the casual racism; none of that was enough.

Today, I was listening to the Freakonomics podcast, and it was about how women and men both have inborn bias in the way we perceive women, and the way women are less likely to guess at awnsers than men, and so on and so on glass ceiling stuff that was really though provoking and interesting, then my phone pops up the next Adam and Drew podcast, Gurley Commercial, and Adam just launches into this really stupid rant about how successful business women are not attractive. It was totally the contrast that did it. I feel like I just lawst sum smart.

I'm done.
I'm out of this thread and taking the subscription out of my phone.

Thanks for allowing me to share my nostalgia about Loveline, a surprisingly formative part of my youth.

You're fat

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

You're gay

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Confused

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

You're a lesbian

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

which is the one where anderson plays the super drawn out "yyyyoooooooooooouuuuuuu'rrrrre gggggggaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" drop? i think it kills drew

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

They should have looked out for breaklights on the 405.

They truly were the traffic in lanes

What the gently caress did that even mean anyway where the gently caress else would the traffic be except in the lanes? On the median strip?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Riptor posted:

which is the one where anderson plays the super drawn out "yyyyoooooooooooouuuuuuu'rrrrre gggggggaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" drop? i think it kills drew

I don't know but this reminded me of the DAG ep after he breaks up with his girlfriend where anderson slows down/reverses him saying the name of one of the dudes she cheated with and I'm dying

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

WEH posted:

I don't know but this reminded me of the DAG ep after he breaks up with his girlfriend where anderson slows down/reverses him saying the name of one of the dudes she cheated with and I'm dying

That one might be the best DAG ep, top 3 at least.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

WEH posted:

I've heard this episode probably half a dozen times, but I never knew Anderson did that. Who was the guy?

As far as the slowed down gay drop, he's done it several times but I do remember one where it was perfectly placed and everyone losing it.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I think the 2 most perfectly placed Anderson drops are "Rowena's soul would die" and the one where Adam mentions Natalie Wood and Anderson plays a splashing sound.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I like this one where Anderson packages and replays crazy caller Doug's "No!" drop in about 47 seconds flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xytejss-miY

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

FCKGW posted:

I like this one where Anderson packages and replays crazy caller Doug's "No!" drop in about 47 seconds flat.

Adam talks a lot of poo poo about Anderson these days but he really was on point a lot of the time.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Adam doesn't like Anderson? I haven't listened to any of the podcasts, but on slow nights Anderson got more laughs out of me than Adam.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

criscodisco posted:

Anderson got more laughs out of me than Adam.

That's why he doesn't like him.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Any time Anderson came to work high was great but nothing tops the papa roach show where everything possible went wrong while he was blitzed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpbH0AgCMc&t=3210s

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Riptor posted:

I really want someone to post this too, it's one of my favorite loveline moments.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

criscodisco posted:

Adam doesn't like Anderson?

The feeling is mutual. They had constant obvious tension between them on Loveline and when Adam returned as a guest cohost in 2009 they got into a for-real fight on air and the guest (DAG) left the studio to avoid it because they were not about to stop.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Knowing Anderson was spun out drat near constantly when he did his early time at Loveline adds a beautiful tinge to all of its history.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Scudworth posted:

The feeling is mutual. They had constant obvious tension between them on Loveline and when Adam returned as a guest cohost in 2009 they got into a for-real fight on air and the guest (DAG) left the studio to avoid it because they were not about to stop.

I was trying to find the bit where they fight on yt but I bet Gio ate it

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

FCKGW posted:

This is hilarious. I wish I was high as gently caress when I listened to it. That's really the best way to listen to this show.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

This should be the episode where DAG walks out:

I'm on my phone and can't download the file, but seven-year retroactive shout-out to this dude for having the foresight to mirror it on a file host that didn't get burned to the ground.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

WEH posted:

This should be the episode where DAG walks out:

It's also on the Loveline official archive:

http://www.lovelineshow.com/programhighlights?date=20090810

Fight starts around 1:11:00 -ish

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Was anderson the only one with the dead air button? He did an amazing job of catching swears

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Jesus loving christ I'd never heard that weird 'no' call before but I'm dying over here

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
WHATSHOO DO WIT ALL DEM CONNUM

YOU SELL TO FRENS?!

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.

Apoplexy posted:

WHATSHOO DO WIT ALL DEM CONNUM

YOU SELL TO FRENS?!

DON'T I KNOW YOU??

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
where's dr. drew?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
lol drew running his mouth about Hillary's health

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yes, if only she were committed to Dr. Drew's care we could really see her dead and buried before the year's out.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Get two chicks in the same bed... DO 'EM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Have they both come out for trump? I guess I assumed Adam did but I kinda hoped the burgeoning libertarian Drew would just vote for Rand in protest

• Locked thread