Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

that all sounds like a pretty sick way to play monster hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

we know that the new zelda will play "identically" on both this and the wiiu, so thats a lot of evidence that its probably backwards compatible. they really are just re-releasing the wii u as a portable lol

hope these deets mean the official direct will come soon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*stares as a finger curls up on the monkeys paw* Wait is this gonna use circle pads instead of joysticks

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I have a hard time believing that it's literally just a portable PS4 with a huge screen. Seems like there'd be a lot of hurdles to miniaturize that amount of tech and provide Nintendo acceptable levels of battery life and price point.

I feel like all these rumors are just guys spitballing off of the idea of a "portable" WiiU because they can't think of anything else.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sounds stupid and i won't believe any thing posted on euro gamer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

click bait article posted by eurogamer aka people known for developing dizzy the egg, banjo kazooie 1 and 2, donkey kong 64, and reymon games? yeah, no. Just. No.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I only trust nintendo direct

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bill Barber posted:

I have a hard time believing that it's literally just a portable PS4 with a huge screen. Seems like there'd be a lot of hurdles to miniaturize that amount of tech and provide Nintendo acceptable levels of battery life and price point.

I feel like all these rumors are just guys spitballing off of the idea of a "portable" WiiU because they can't think of anything else.

Nvidia is doing most the the technical stuff for them, and actually already ships portable stuff that is that powerful. The difference is that those were lovely android tablets, while this is Nintendo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I only trust Nintendo Power

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I only trust Nintendo Power

RIP.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

click bait article posted by eurogamer aka people known for developing dizzy the egg, banjo kazooie 1 and 2, donkey kong 64, and reymon games? yeah, no. Just. No.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I hope it's true though

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
If that's the nx I think it's cool they have portable multiplayer so people don't have to buy their own system if you want to break out into a pick up nsmbnx sesh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope Nintendo gives me two hundred dollars for not flaming them online

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

i hope they give me that as a trade-in credit for getting the wii u at launch and playing nintendo land for 6 months

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

same here.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's not a chance in hell i'm getting an nx at launch unless platinum unveils mgr 2 or bayonetta 3 as a surprise launch title

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

or if the princess in zelda is a feels style zelda like skyward sowrd

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there's not a chance in hell i'm getting an nx at launch unless platinum unveils mgr 2 or bayonetta 3 as a surprise launch title

i have faith in ninty. all of the U's troubles came from its awful launch with nothing on the calendar for like a year, i dont think theyll do a repeat

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i have faith in ninty. all of the U's troubles came from its awful launch with nothing on the calendar for like a year, i dont think theyll do a repeat

no one makes console games anymore for example the xbone has been out for 3 years and sitll has the wrong kind of ram and no game, and it took 2 years for the ps4 to get its first game. so it will take nintendo at least 2 years to make a 1st party game for the nx, after launch

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

no one makes console games anymore for example the xbone has been out for 3 years and sitll has the wrong kind of ram and no game, and it took 2 years for the ps4 to get its first game. so it will take nintendo at least 2 years to make a 1st party game for the nx, after launch

Thankfully the nx is a Nintendo portable that plugs into your tv

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

that all sounds like a pretty sick way to play monster hunter

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Let me play 3DS games on my television

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I don't want to jump with the d pad

That's some player 2 poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Let me play 3DS games on my television

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope they give me that as a trade-in credit for getting the wii u at launch and playing nintendo land for 6 months
I think you should give them another 200 dollars to say thanks.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Nintendo has hired a small Japanese man to live with me at my house to coo and rub my belly in appreciation, daily, for the thousands of dollars I've spent on their products

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

rediscover posted:

Nintendo has hired a small Japanese man to live with me at my house to coo and rub my belly in appreciation, daily, for the thousands of dollars I've spent on their products

wow, the my nintendo rewards just get better and better

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

breath of the wild. monster hunter 5. splatwon. mario maker X. gaming's ambrosia

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

happy to serve

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

I only trust nintendo direct

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

eurogamer driving around in a white van offering to show kids their new nintendo nx

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

trying to jack off posted:

eurogamer driving around in a white van offering to show kids their new nintendo nx

oi guv. fancy a look at the new ninty

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Soral posted:

Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers, a number of sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.

Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

I'm ok with this

But I still don't understand them when they say it's not a Wii U replacement

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

we know that the new zelda will play "identically" on both this and the wiiu, so thats a lot of evidence that its probably backwards compatible. they really are just re-releasing the wii u as a portable lol

hope these deets mean the official direct will come soon

Supposedly no BC tho

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Soral is the person who broke the heart of gamers everywhere with the Mario Maker fire update picture. I choose to believe the new system will be cool instead of a Wii-U Portable.

Soral
May 30, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm ok with this

But I still don't understand them when they say it's not a Wii U replacement

because its a 3ds replacement

Soral
May 30, 2009

the nx is a very powerful handheld system that can hook up to a tv, not a home console system that you can take with you on the go. i hope this helps you understand why it is not being advertised as a replacement for the home console system that nintendo already sells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Soral posted:

the nx is a very powerful handheld system that can hook up to a tv, not a home console system that you can take with you on the go. i hope this helps you understand why it is not being advertised as a replacement for the home console system that nintendo already sells.
You're incredibly wrong and I'm just sitting here laughing thinking about it.