Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SKY COQ posted:

- Build guides for the Presidio and Arbiter

Those are the two ships I like best!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

deftbro posted:

I would if I could but I need a home for all mains and alts. Do I need to pass a gender studies class for a fleet invite first?

The other guys are just hassling you because you haven't posted your introduction thread in General Bullshit yet.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

g0del posted:

Don't encourage people. Tanking is not a thing in this game.

What the gently caress are you talking about? There was an absolute beast of a tanking guide posted on the wiki the other day!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SKY COQ posted:

Speaking of the wiki, I've got a couple more weeks of relatively free time and some ideas to put together. Can I get an interest check on the following ideas so I can plan accordingly?

- Starship Trait Guide
- Build guides for the Presidio and Arbiter
- "Tanking" "guide" for the space rich
- Good cheap build guide for the space 99%

Here is your guide: to tank poo poo you do intel primary, strategist secondary. Fit the traits Attack Pattern Delta Prime and Improved Feedback Pulse. Fit some version of FBP on whatever ship you're doing this with. Turn on threatening stance.

Bam, you're done.

Assuming you're not doing pubbie-level damage you will steal all the aggro forever and get giant amounts of crith and critd and smite everything. Assuming you can survive having all the NPCs focused on you, which in most maps you shouldn't have trouble with.

This works best on something big and beefy so use a cruiser.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 26, 2016

deftbro
May 11, 2016

Tunicate posted:

The other guys are just hassling you because you haven't posted your introduction thread in General Bullshit yet.

Heh. I totally forgot about doing an introductory thread. Last time I was on SA was back when Planetside 1 came out and played with the goons here but unfortunately I have no clue what my username was or the email I used back then. If that's the requirement for the fleet invite then I can do that.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SKY COQ posted:

Worth noting you can currently spend 13000 Zen and get a good levelling ship for every tier up to 50, four great non-fleet endgame ships and three amazing fleet level endgame ships, all of which feature the fairly excellent Temporal mechanic.

I'd also recommend the Delta pack. The 4 Fed ships it comes with are great, 2/3 of the boffs are great

deftbro posted:

Heh. I totally forgot about doing an introductory thread. Last time I was on SA was back when Planetside 1 came out and played with the goons here but unfortunately I have no clue what my username was or the email I used back then. If that's the requirement for the fleet invite then I can do that.

Yep, you need to go to GBS and make your intro thread and then you should be good to go.

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 26, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

deftbro posted:

I would if I could but I need a home for all mains and alts. Do I need to pass a gender studies class for a fleet invite first?

You need to post your introduction/application in the GBS forum.

- MMO Resume including any guilds you've been in in other games, as well as approximate start/stop times for the games.

- Experience / skills in video games

- What you can contribute to the team

- Why you want to join

- What you like most about Star Trek Online

- What you like least about Star Trek Online

Once you've completed the application post and submitted it to the GBS forum
(http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1)

Come back here and post a link to the thread in this thread.

After 3 days comment period from goons in the GBS your application will be considered complete.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 26, 2016

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
You're trying too hard troika. The best guide to tanking is already on the wiki.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
To get tanky, to really truly get the spirit of it you first have to stay up all night to get schwifty.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

You know what to do, everyone! You need a Platinum Account to view this message.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
About drat time!

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

You know what to do, everyone! You need a Platinum Account to view this message.
Is Petyr the one where we You need a Platinum Account to view this message. or the one where we You need a Platinum Account to view this message.? Only asking because I'll need to get more feline supplements if we're going to You need a Platinum Account to view this message.

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015
You need a Platinum Account to view this message.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/s...h-the-community

quote:

You know, when "crazy" rumors start spreading that a certain "notorious" fleet gets special favors from the devs, the right thing to do is say "of course not". Instead, ours does this:

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/757926060092592128

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/757929247323197441

Why is our community manager trying to stir things up with the community? I mean, this fleet tells blatant lies about getting free gifts and things like that, so why does she encourage this drama?

Why is it only bad when forum members "troll", but its completely fine for a community manager to do it?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

DonDoodles posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/s...h-the-community

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

18 Character Limit posted:

:lol: Thats just too perfect.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

You may call it Space Barbie, but any tank I ever make will always be sub-par, because I cant get the Samsar console.
That bothers me. A lot.

I'd happily drop more than a few hundred bucks on the Lobis to get the ship, like I did with the Krenim Science Vessel and the Rezreth, but I can't. They won't take my money.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

You may call it Space Barbie, but any tank I ever make will always be sub-par, because I cant get the Samsar console tanking isn't a thing in this game.

Also, my work computer somehow logged me out of the forums. I hadn't quite realized how this thread looks when you're not logged in - so many useless black bars.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Skinty McEdger posted:

:lol: Thats just too perfect.

It almost makes me want to download this terrible game again.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Hell, it's about time.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Trast posted:

It almost makes me want to download this terrible game again.

:regd08:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

If you aren't running full temporal chroniton beams & deflector on a ballship, then I hope you're working towards it at least.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Don't worry... my reply will throw them off the scent.... It's not like they've seen this forum or the big board... which reminds me, are we still You need a Platinum Account to view this message. ? or did You need a Platinum Account to view this message. screw that up for us?

Rahhmi fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 26, 2016

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

I love our community manager.

EDIT:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

fakemirage posted:

I love our community manager.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/758028785354612736

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Charlie Rickon Alpha Petyr was very successful.

Monkeybone13, take note.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Heh, bone.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please

Morglon posted:

Heh, bone.

Heheheh.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Trast posted:

Easy to solve. Get in channel and I'm sure someone has an unbound code.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please

18 Character Limit posted:

Easy to solve. Get in channel and I'm sure someone has an unbound code.

Or just use the generator.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah but he probably doesn't have the perms for that, since you need to be in the same instance as a dev to set that up and timezones are a bitch.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Well poo poo, what am I supposed to do with a second Nagus?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

SKY COQ posted:

Don't walk into TheTradingChannel with it.

You want the other channel but use an alt.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

SKY COQ posted:

Well, I mean, I guess you could send one to my girlfriend. She sometimes plays the game with me even though she hates Star Trek, but I figure if you're offering.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Sometimes the Holo Leeta Boff stands next to the Holo Leeta at the Nagus Dabo table, I wish they talked to each other. :coffeepal:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I saw someone with the name "Holo Leeta" while doing a pug of that new ground crew, and they wearing the right costume and everything and I admit I was very confused for a second or so. :downs:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Asimo posted:

I saw someone with the name "Holo Leeta" while doing a pug of that new ground crew, and they wearing the right costume and everything and I admit I was very confused for a second or so. :downs:

That's actually pretty funny.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Asimo posted:

Many, many years ago I remember seeing someone named "Security Team III" doing ground pvp. Looked the part, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

FuturePastNow posted:

Many, many years ago I remember seeing someone named "Security Team III" doing ground pvp. Looked the part, too.

Bar Patron was and will forever be the best RPer in STO history.

• Locked thread