Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Arms_Akimbo posted:

American Samoa rules. I remember they were the last nation to celebrate New Years 2000. While the rest of the world slept off their hangover, the Samoans rocked the gently caress out with drum circles and fire dancers. I remember sitting there at 6am saying "gently caress yeah, Samoa, you be you."

And Kirimati, northeast of American Samoa, celebrates it first! If you wanted you could take a plane between the two and legitimately celebrate New Years twice. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kinda hosed we never had a native american in congress before

Native American woman.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I can't wait for Texas delegation to embarrass itself.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
holy poo poo the stage speaker is 46 (and a mayor!)? I have to move to Baltimore

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How does New Hampshire not say they're the home of former president Jed Bartlet? :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DarkCrawler posted:

I love how America is like this big family who once in a while are forced together in various large places

Nebraska is the hayseed

One of my favorite parts about my job is teaching young foreigners how big and diverse America is and how we all talk poo poo about each other

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Fulchrum posted:

Native American woman.

still pretty hosed

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SubponticatePoster posted:

Lol the white dude from Nebraska is as dull as Nebraska itself

:agreed: that was depressingly boring. No callouts to the unbroken half-century of consecutive sold-out Husker football games in Lincoln, no callout to the birthplace of Malcolm X or the badasses who killed the KXL pipeline.

:smith: it's boring here but drat dude there's a few things you could have thrown in there.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

disjoe posted:

Do you guys remember how much of a fuckup the RNC roll call was

What a railroad of emotions this has been

That poor guy from Virginia was what I most remember. Loud and enthusiastic, and his fellow delegates just smirked at his pronunciation of Virginia.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Don't most states have two United States Senators, guy? :psyduck: I guess you can argue about whether they're all great...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Because the Democratic party are demonstrably corrupt, they spend an entire night lying to you, and that your takeaway from it were "these speeches were incredible!" While Sarah Silverman literally laughed in the face of the Bernie Sanders supporters and Sanders conceded to the very enemy he had campaigned so effectively against in the primaries.
Hmmmmmm...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the only state with 2 great senators

New Jersey talking mad poo poo

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I always forget that Jersey is populated as gently caress

and has gardens, apparently. I imagine it as one Sopranos-sprawl of Mega-Newark and billion suburbs and Pine Barrens in north somewhere

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Two great senators, one of which is definitely greater than the other.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Quorum posted:

Don't most states have two United States Senators, guy? :psyduck: I guess you can argue about whether they're all great...

They aren't always two Democrats

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

HighwireAct posted:

Oh come the gently caress on
:salt: Poor baby.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

i feel bad for this guy, he is not a great public speaker. I'm sure he's nervous though

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mel Mudkiper posted:

still pretty hosed

But not as hugely hosed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

holy poo poo the stage speaker is 46 (and a mayor!)? I have to move to Baltimore
Nobody should ever willingly move to Baltimore.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

I always forget that Jersey is populated as gently caress

and has gardens, apparently. I imagine it as one Sopranos-sprawl of Mega-Newark and billion suburbs

Southern Jersey is loving weird

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

One of my favorite parts about my job is teaching young foreigners how big and diverse America is and how we all talk poo poo about each other

Back in college, I helped teach English to Japanese students. One class, the topic was about American civil rights, and I had to teach this cute Japanese girl was the N-word was.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

:siren: We have the first boast about being good for entrepreneurs :siren:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
That jacket!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Goddamn the woman in frame here has some Bachmann eyes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Back in college, I helped teach English to Japanese students. One class, the topic was about American civil rights, and I had to teach this cute Japanese girl was the N-word was.

If I get bored I teach my students the stereotype about each state

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Quorum posted:

:siren: We have the first boast about being good for entrepreneurs :siren:

And it's New Mexico of all places.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

that hat!

edit: "yay!"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
"New Mexico, home to Jesse Pinkman and Walter White, proudly casts its vote for..."

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
i love jokes that nobody reacts to

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I would live in New Mexico in a second

New Mexico is an elite state

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

What the hell they actually mentioned Breaking Bad,

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Hell yeah Walter White!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Breaking Bad

:chloe:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

seiferguy posted:

"New Mexico, home to Jesse Pinkman and Walter White, proudly casts its vote for..."

Was this before or after you heard her actually say this poo poo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

I just want everyone to know I posted this before she actually mentioned Breaking Bad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lynch_69 posted:

What the hell they actually mentioned Breaking Bad,

New Mexico has peppers and Breaking Bad and thats loving it

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So is Bernie in Vermont going to put Hillary over the mark?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

seiferguy posted:

I just want everyone to know I posted this before she actually mentioned Breaking Bad.

Nice.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Charlie Rangel is a corrupt piece of poo poo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kinda hosed we never had a native american in congress before

We have one in the senate.

• Locked thread