Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Oregon is the member of the family who California pulls aside and says "dude you need to smoke less weed"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Not watching due to work as usual, but have either of the Dakotas declared themselves Best Dakota yet?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Aw yeah Tom Wolf the best of the three Tom Wolfs

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DarkCrawler posted:

Oregon is the member of the family who California pulls aside and says "dude you need to smoke less weed"

Excuse me.

Washington legalized weed first :colbert:

edit: it should be known that Washington stoners have a persecution complex about the fact that Colorado is known for legalizing weed first, despite both of us legalizing it at the same time.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Island territories totally outswinging all the actual states in enthusiasm here.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

DarkCrawler posted:

As someone who has no horse in the race and views this purely as entertainment, the RNC made me laugh as hell but in a semi-horrified way, this one makes me smile wistfully, it's like the cheesy scene at the end of every episode of the giant sitcom that is America

Even if it's fake, it's happy fake, you know? America has nice people. It's good to know that.
We're not all assholes.

OK, we are all assholes, just not all assholes all of the time

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ricky Martin! And Jennifer Lopez!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fluffdaddy posted:

Ricky Martin! And Jennifer Lopez!

No Lin-Manuel Miranda though. Someone is bitter for not getting Hamilton tickets.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Uh we did free Oscar Lopez Rivera

He said no

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

seiferguy posted:

No Lin-Manuel Miranda though. Someone is bitter for not getting Hamilton tickets.

Um, he was the 2nd person named

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Um, he was the 2nd person named

Christ, I'm horrible at listening today.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rhode Island, best restaurants in the country? Hmm, interesting.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Must be a trip living in a tiny state where everyone sounds like a Kennedy

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

We're not gonna get a BBQ callout of NC from SC, convention ruined.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

seiferguy posted:

Excuse me.

Washington legalized weed first :colbert:

edit: it should be known that Washington stoners have a persecution complex about the fact that Colorado is known for legalizing weed first, despite both of us legalizing it at the same time.

Washington legalized it for money and ya know it. He's the cousin NY likes on the West Coast.

Puerto Rico is that member of the family who for some reason speaks different language and nobody can quite tell why they are here, through marriage, adoption or something??? But they're hot so nobody complains

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

uh............... being proud of having the largest slave market ever is..... interesting

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

uh............... being proud of having the largest slave market ever is..... interesting

Yeah there was an audible cooling of the hall by like two degrees right after that.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Do democrats pledge delegate votes differently than republicans? I haven't seen any state go 100% Hillary.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Also the largest slave market in the US was at New Orleans, the second largest at Richmond. Charleston was a runner-up!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SD puts her over the top with this really nice greeting

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Acquilae posted:

Do democrats pledge delegate votes differently than republicans? I haven't seen any state go 100% Hillary.

All states are proportional for dems...GOP has a mix of proportional and winner-takes-all.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Acquilae posted:

Even in states that are winner take all there are going to be votes both ways in every state just because of superdelegates.

e: Or there could just be no winner take all states idk.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Acquilae posted:

I think all Dem states are proportionally representative

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
These delegate counts are awfully close for so many of these states. Sanders seems like he was a hair's breadth away from a nomination.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Acquilae posted:

Yes. The Democrats have no WTA states, you have to win like a tiny proportion of the votes not to win any delegates at all. It's one of the reasons Hillary won as hard as she did, she ran up the margins in big states while dragging out near-ties where she lost.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Acquilae posted:

It's split based on vote percent and then superdelegates do what they want.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

These delegate counts are awfully close for so many of these states. Sanders seems like he was a hair's breadth away from a nomination.

Go away.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

^Thanks everyone for answering!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

lmao you're so loving dumb

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It's official :unsmith:

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Good thing they keep reminding me she's a woman. I almost forgot.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Rollofthedice posted:

lmao you're so loving dumb

I highly doubt this guy was even alive during 8 bit video games.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

more evidence that 8 bit scholar fails elementary school arithmetic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

that mustache is texas as gently caress

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I missed the roll call and the voting, how has it been going? I just caught the tail end before Hillary got the numbers needed, has it been this peaceful and has Bernie consistently been getting accolades?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
TEXAS

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I missed the roll call and the voting, how has it been going? I just caught the tail end before Hillary got the numbers needed, has it been this peaceful and has Bernie consistently been getting accolades?

yes

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

yes and yes

really heart warming if not boring

the trivia is funny though

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
As a Texan, that was much less Texas than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the greatest snow on earth get the gently caress outta here

• Locked thread