Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fknlo posted:

They thought it focused on himself too much and was like a wedding speech that went on too long. Maddow specifically didn't like the first half about him chasing a girl around.

I thought that was adorable. It made their life sound like some 80's teen romance movie, with Bill as this stoner slacker who falls head over heels for the nerdy and strong girl and does everything he can to get his life in order and try to win her over.

FAUXTON posted:

They were expecting him to vaporize Republicans but instead he told a real nice story about a girl he met back in '71 whose spent her life making the lives of other people better.

Ah, now I get it. They thought he was gonna give the Former President We're-great-they-suck speech. So they didn't notice that of the two presidents there, he's the one who is married to Hillary.

By the standards of a first significant other speech, this was a ripper. I don't get why people were expecting it to go heavy negative.

Mahoning posted:

Will Bill and Hillary be the first two Presidents two have hosed each other?

(Bush Sr. loving himself doesn't count)

Is my Taft Teddy Roosevelt slashfic admissable evidence?

Roosevelt looked over Tafts huge but suprisingly hairless buttocks

"A man of your size, must know a lot of uses for butter."

He fumbled with his belt buckle, his pants falling to the floor, as Taft looked on with the same expression he always had - an expression Roosevelt knew meant pure unadulterated lust.

"Which is good, cause I may speak softly, but I carry a big stick."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

kelvron posted:

Are there any decent commentary streams?

https://youtu.be/Hr8frG_OJH4

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so how's your first election going so far? lot of ups, lot of downs? or are you waiting for the Let's Play?

The funny part is that you think this looks good for your party

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so how's your first election going so far? lot of ups, lot of downs? or are you waiting for the Let's Play?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
haha, ohh man hey everybody was there anything good after Bill's spee

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

that entrance was loving retarded

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
oh my god did Bill Clinton just say "but if she wins, she is coming for you"? Holy gently caress this is the most tone deaf thing I've ever loving seen.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

oh my god did Bill Clinton just say "but if she wins, she is coming for you"? Holy gently caress this is the most tone deaf thing I've ever loving seen.

D-

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

That grade is pretty generous, to be honest.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think what's standing out so much about the DNC versus the RNC is how much more effort the Democrats have been putting into this. The RNC had a smattering of Republican officials and z-list celebrities. The Democrats organized a murderer's row of amazing public speakers and people with touching personal stories to tell.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

8-bit scholar in a 16-bit world.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You omitted a word in the middle there.

And some words around it.

And the context, generally.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

8-bit scholar in a 16-bit world.
:drat:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

disjoe posted:

You omitted a word in the middle there.

And some words around it.

And the context, generally.

Sorry, yes, he said she is coming for you and she is going to take you into the future

So, I mean, I guess that's...not better.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Sorry, yes, he said she is coming back for you and she is going to take you into the future

She was talking about non-educated, economically struggling Americans who felt they were better off decades ago.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Sorry, yes, he said she is coming for you and she is going to take you into the future

yes bringing people who want the 50s back kicking and screaming into a new century is a good thing.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lol at people thinking bill 'cigar' clinton is a good look in 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

One of the overlooked things about Bill's speech is how he was literally a high-level elected official (AR AG, AR-Gov, POTUS) for drat near half that story and it never really overshadowed Hillary.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

8-Bit Scholar posted:

the funny part is that you keep posting itt with some insanely dogshit attempted burns

i guess it is easier though to paper over your freshman election with really well thought out dodges like "Well i'm voting third party anyway"

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

One of the overlooked things about Bill's speech is how he was literally a high-level elected official (AR AG, AR-Gov, POTUS) for drat near half that story and it never really overshadowed Hillary.

I don't think it's really overlooked when it's pretty much the entire rhetorical point of the speech.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

On Terra Firma posted:

yes bringing people who want the 50s back kicking and screaming into a new century is a good thing.

Our benevolent ruler, bringing us along to the correct side of history.

Bill at least hit some good emotional notes, it was an interesting choice for speech, but frankly I could care less how he met Hillary Clinton.

FAUXTON posted:

"I just sat around doing nothing and Hillary did all the work"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I don't think it's really overlooked when it's pretty much the entire rhetorical point of the speech.

Of course it was the rhetorical point of the speech, it's that it was executed pretty much flawlessly.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, the trolls are extra weak tonight. Is this really the best you guys can do?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DaveWoo posted:

Man, the trolls are extra weak tonight. Is this really the best you guys can do?

he's actually been doing this all day so this is him after he's warmed up

:sad:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

DaveWoo posted:

Bill has that effect on people.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

morrowind-era rush limbaugh burns

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
For the first time, Bill looked old. Hands were shaking throughout the speech. Stumbled over words a bunch of times. Kinda sad to see.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DaveWoo posted:

8-bit scholar has been making low quality posts since long before tonight.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

It's a matter of congressional record that bill 'cigar' clinton is willing to go down on you for going down on him... which is always a good look unless you're a sexist pig.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

8bit scholar has to go back to rapture and find more audiologs before he can return with more talking points

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

For the first time, Bill looked old. Hands were shaking throughout the speech. Stumbled over words a bunch of times. Kinda sad to see.
If he passes while Hillary is prez, Trump can run the reality show to find her a new husband.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Since I was 2-10 during Bill's presidency, I called up my parents and asked if all of his speeches were like that.

My dad had a huge grin in his voice as he said they were.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is it even more tone deaf than Rudy Giuliani screaming at the top of his lungs, "We know who you are and we are coming for you!"?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Josh Lyman posted:

If he passes while Hillary is prez, Trump can run the reality show to find her a new husband.

We're gona see Carter and HW pass within the next 4 years, and probably Bill within the next 8. :smith:

Obama will be with us for a very long time though. :unsmith:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought he was great on the speaking part. I only remember him stumbling over one word, but yeah, his hands. Does Bill have parkinsons?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's a matter of congressional record that bill 'cigar' clinton is willing to go down on you for going down on him... which is always a good look unless you're a sexist pig.

Semi-serious question: do you think the knowledge that the 42nd President of the United States of America reciprocates oral did anything to improve the image of men who reciprocate oral?

There has to be some point where eating pussy became something it was OK to talk about, and it would be another feather in Bill's cap.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

GOOCHY posted:

Is it even more tone deaf than Rudy Giuliani screaming at the top of his lungs, "We know who you are and we are coming for you!"?

Rudy Giuliani never said that.

There's no reference to 9/11 in that sentence. :colbert:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Waltzing Along posted:

I want to believe he's not getting any older, Hillary just told him to make sure he was sober for his speech and the DTs kicked in.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GOOCHY posted:

It's like two retards standing on opposing sides of the Grand Canyon, shouting furious rhetoric at each other while masturbating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

We're gona see Carter and HW pass within the next 4 years, and probably Bill within the next 8. :smith:

Obama will be with us for a very long time though. :unsmith:
Bill doesn't look that bad.

• Locked thread