Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Juri feels like an actual fighting game character, it's upsetting.
I wish she sucked and felt terrible so I could just shut off SFV again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
even if she feels real she's in sf5.

I love amane, i've loved elizabeth from persona 4.

I can only put myself through so much.

I even played sf x tk for poison and juri. Also without charged fireball combos, I don't know how I feel yet. But i've got no way to try so :shrug: ( No I didn't download the story dlc either)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Weremacht posted:

lmao

the update makes sfv crash at launch

lmaooooooooooooo

There goes my plans for the night :(

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

man nurse posted:

There goes my plans for the night :(

http://www.fightcade.com/#download

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Played a bunch of matches. no crashes.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is input in for PC yet?

E:

I know the answer even without checking. Of course it isn't.

gently caress you Capcom.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 27, 2016

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, I'm not getting crashes on steam. Booted up, bought stuff, played online just fine.

Boy howdy do I suck as Juri in this though. She's way different from SF 4.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

SectumSempra posted:

I actually dislike the discord age so far but I'll adjust. I liked just googling and finding forums with people slowly discussing a character. It just felt much more low maintenance, and usually made me at least look stuff up about other characters but for games like BB and GG dustloop was so incredibly lovely that anything is an improvement. (20 match up threads with 3 of them with advice inside)

This is how I felt about that Raidcall thing (and I was right)

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Is input in for PC yet?

E:

Is this a thing that matters? Just use x360ce and never think about it again.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is offline rematch mutual yet

are dailies in

is keybinding in

does it still crash when you have a tablet connected

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

zelah posted:

By now it's the principle of the thing, also x360ce plays weird with my machine and joy2key reads my fight pad as P2 if I have already plugged in my DS3 to play something else, even if the DS3 is currently UNPLUGGED. Y'wanna know another thing SFV doesn't recognize?

edit: oh my god what did they do to juri's theme what the gently caress

Dias fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 27, 2016

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Microwaves Mom posted:

Is input in for PC yet?

E:

It's never going to get added so you can stop asking. Just use one of the 10 workarounds or don't play.

Dias posted:

By now it's the principle of the thing, also x360ce plays weird with my machine and joy2key reads my fight pad as P2 if I have already plugged in my DS3 to play something else, even if the DS3 is currently UNPLUGGED. Y'wanna know another thing SFV doesn't recognize?

Are you using xPadder or InputMapper or something else like that for your DS3? It steals the Xinput1 slot and doesn't let go of it while it's still open even if you unplug the controller that was using it. SFV needs your stick to be on slot 1. You can see which slot is being used for what with XinputTest.

Mattavist fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 27, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Sorry about the aborted runback hurth, i trusted the game to be able to invite someone without killing the match too.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

zelah posted:

it matters yeah. every other fg even the ones by terrible jp programmers has direct input support by default. if sfv is trying to be accessible, failing to work out of the box with a huge amount of input devices is an issue. there are workarounds sure, but that flies in the face of the "accessibility" design emphasis of sfv on the whole

edit: does training mode still reset your training mode options every time you leave training mode and reopen it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sorry about the aborted runback hurth, i trusted the game to be able to invite someone without killing the match too.

Lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pomp posted:

is offline rematch mutual yet

are dailies in

is keybinding in

does it still crash when you have a tablet connected

lol no but you can get some sweet new swimsuits

e:

Zand posted:

edit: does training mode still reset your training mode options every time you leave training mode and reopen it?

of course it does

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 27, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guiles win quote on cammy " your speed still keeps on my toes"

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but I remembered that Juri is supposed to be Korean. So I looked up what Juri means in Korean and apparently it's a form of torture where you twist the person's leg all the way around.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mattavist posted:

don't play.

sounds good to me.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mattavist posted:

Are you using xPadder or InputMapper or something else like that for your DS3? It steals the Xinput1 slot and doesn't let go of it while it's still open even if you unplug the controller that was using it. SFV needs your stick to be on slot 1. You can see which slot is being used for what with XinputTest.

ScarletCrush drivers, which have the added benefit of just working PnP. And yes, I'm aware of that, I'm just pointing out that it's yet another obnoxious thing regarding SFV.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I played Alex earlier. He's pretty fun. Anyone here have some effective patterns for fishing for counterhit s.HP and/or s.MP with him?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Juri's SFV theme is the worst character theme in all of SFV AND SF4 combined.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Juri's SFV theme is the worst character theme in all of SFV AND SF4 combined.

it's like, barely music

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Booyah- posted:

it's like, barely music

It sounds like the music artist got a stroke before he could even finish adding all of the instruments and Capcom just said "gently caress it, ship it as is".

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

It sounds like the music artist got a stroke before he could even finish adding all of the instruments and Capcom just said "gently caress it, ship it as is".

the sf5 of character themes

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Juris redesign is actually pretty good, she feels solid.

SFV is still rear end though.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Juri is very different and it's gonna take me a while to get used to the changes but I like her. He theme is crap but I have music off anyway so I don't never to put up with it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What are some easy follow ups for after lp-mp-hp-ex kunai explosion? i try following it up with a jump kick but always miss.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Juris default color 12 is hilariously ugly holy poo poo. Also, I'm garbage, and her qcf.l qcf.m qcf.h keeps turning into qcf.l srk.m.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really don't like how Juri feels in this game at all

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Juri has some really good hitboxes.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

My theory is that like, 3 layers got hosed up in the importing process and Capcom hasn't realized it yet, so we're only haring like half of the song.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
You guys have to be exaggerating the song can't be that b-HOLY loving poo poo! This is barely above above this.

Mega Comrade posted:

Juri is very different and it's gonna take me a while to get used to the changes but I like her. He theme is crap but I have music off anyway so I don't never to put up with it.

The best part of playing fighting games on the PC is that you can mute the music and play whatever background music you want. Makes all fighting games have that pirated Marvel 2 feel.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

You guys have to be exaggerating the song can't be that b-HOLY loving poo poo! This is barely above above this.

There are people on reddit who are, seemingly un-ironically, saying that they love the theme. What?! It's barely even music.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

A.o.D. posted:

Juri has some really good hitboxes.

They actually kinda match her model as well, makes a change

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun
They didn't change Juri's main special (qcf+K) overlapping with her dp input so basic stuff like walk forward cr.mk xx store results in a dp if you aren't very careful. Moreso they also imported a special property of her lk pinwheel from sf4 where the frame data on block changes depending on if the opponent blocks it high or low so sometimes you can space her lk pinwheel correctly and be safe and other times they can do a combo punish on you. This wouldn't be as annoying if they didn't make pinwheel her dp motion move. The mk and hk versions of pinwheel are proper dps and as such they are crush counter on recovery so you have to be really careful when going for mk and hk stores on block.

These aren't dealbreakers or anything but its just annoying poo poo to deal with if it was an intentional choice to make her harder to play for people with sloppy execution.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bwahaha! That color is so ugly.
Did she divekick through a mud pit or did the texture artist follow the music artists lead and had a stoke at the end there too?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Juri feels really weird and almost nothing like the character she used to be, which is a shame

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
This theme was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfS5bjfKwLE

The new theme is sort of poo poo, but juri is fun at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

This theme was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfS5bjfKwLE

The new theme is sort of poo poo, but juri is fun at least.

that was probably the most iconic theme introduced in sf4 and they ruined it lol