Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

lol russia is loving bad
russia is SO BAD its preventing me from fully dehumanizing and trumping my heart out today

What helps for me is to remember how great it will be when everything dies :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
now let us see which rakes trump will step on while walking back the russia comments

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/02/11/stop-sending-around-this-photo-of-bernie-sanders/

I guess Bruce Rappaport is too much of an in-joke at this point

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I must admit, in the liberal fevered dream scenario where Donald Trump is handcuffed on national TV and arrested for treason, Trump's rising poll numbers might be hurt.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Why didn't Trump make these statements at last week's Russian National Convention

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Raskolnikov38 posted:

now let us see which rakes trump will step on while walking back the russia comments

yeah, my hand was hurting the other day so i stabbed a fork in my thigh, hand didn't hurt anymore!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

Speaking of tax returns, what exactly was the plan to abolish the IRS supposed to accomplish? Wouldn't some other organization have to be around to review / process tax returns and ensure idiots didn't just write in 'give me $100000 thx lol' on their postcard-sized returns?

The Free Market Will Provide

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

paranoid randroid posted:

uh guys theres a flaw in the basic premise of this discussion which is to say um ie horses cant talk much less drink beer and so uh a horse walking into a bar would be much more likely to be disoriented and frightened

I am here to tell you horses can and will drink beer

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Boosted_C5 posted:

I must admit, in the liberal fevered dream scenario where Donald Trump is handcuffed on national TV and arrested for treason, Trump's rising poll numbers might be hurt.

lol if you think the intelligence services of this country are going to let him become president. If he doesn't somehow get indicted before this whole thing is over, he'd better stay away from book depositories and grassy knolls.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

yeah i didn't get your reference, but just wanted to post larry sanders

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

the plan is to never actually abolish it, but just use it to get votes and feed the general "taxes = bad" starve the beast dynamic the GOP has

Pretty much the same dynamics the Republicans have been using with abortion for the past few decades. With the same outcome: people who have grown up with this rhetoric and never got the "it's all a ruse" memo will eventually get into power and then we've got women being jailed for having miscarriages and people actually trying to drown federal agencies in whatever bathtub is handy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

I am here to tell you horses can and will drink beer

ive seen a horse sick and woosy from eating rotten apples

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Although, based on everything we've seen thus far over the past 12 months, the most likely outcome would be Trump somehow becoming the Nelson Mandela of our time.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
why the hell was trump so defensive about Jr running for Mayor? He's like a baby about attention

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

which is to say, much like every trump policy, there was never a plan

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

if a flat tax on the honor system is good enough for god why isn't it good enough for government???

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

which is to say, much like every trump policy, there was never a plan

tbf the abolish IRS/postcard tax return was a ted cruz thing

and of course people pointed out what he had listed on the postcard was basically the same questions, but there's just no room for actually listing out deductions individually

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Boosted_C5 posted:

The optics of "ruling party arrests opposition leader for treason over a joke" would be a yuuuuge rallying point for Trump, even among undecided voters.

Short of maybe an FEC slap on the wrist nothing can or will be done. Nothing matters.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

Although, based on everything we've seen thus far over the past 12 months, the most likely outcome would be Trump somehow becoming the Nelson Mandela of our time.

itt we discuss the possibility of white nationalist nelson mandela

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah i didn't get your reference, but just wanted to post larry sanders

that's not larry sanders

this is larry sanders

:thejoke:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 27, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Homework Explainer posted:

lol the post really is the state department's pravda now

It's a PostEverything story- basically an opinion piece.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

that's not larry sanders

this is larry sanders

:thejoke:

we're all larry sanders

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Boosted_C5 posted:

if trump goes to jail for 26 years i've got a feeling he's not coming out.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
but yea, the point is those wonderful journalistic minds that brought you Bernie Doppelganger is now telling you Russians are hacking the voter booth~

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/758393920820768768

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

shiksa posted:

if trump goes to jail for 26 years i've got a feeling he's not coming out.

the aryan brotherhood is totally on the trump train

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i've created a monster, cause nobody wants to see winning no more, they want jailing, i'm chopped liver

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

but yea, the point is those wonderful journalistic minds that brought you Bernie Doppelganger is now telling you Russians are hacking the voter booth~

oh oh now do the one where you disregard andrew k's work because a separate section of buzzfeed has listicles

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Sharks posted:

oh oh now do the one where you disregard andrew k's work because a separate section of buzzfeed has listicles

what the gently caress is a listicle

(andrew k dumb so what)

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
The LIBERAL MEDIA is just trying to distract us from the REAL criminals here.

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJJpYBxrW9c

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/758394329165664257

too

many

flags

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh man. Since the terrifying LOCK HER UP show trial last week, the predictable response to any calls that Trump should perhaps face consequences for what is at the very least an open suggestion that a federal crime be committed by a foreign power will have to be "Oh sure, NOW it's okay to call for the imprisonment of your political opponents." This includes the actual government doing so because, of course, the Obama Administration are firmly on the side of his rival for the 2016 election.

Trump is basically either incredibly stupid and incredibly lucky or the greatest manipulator of public perception of the past hundred years, and I cannot decide which.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

what the gently caress is a listicle

(andrew k dumb so what)

article that is just a dumb list of 12 funny squirrel gifs or some poo poo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Karl Sharks posted:

if a flat tax on the honor system is good enough for god why isn't it good enough for government???

the mess over welfare "reform" leads me to believe that conservatives might have a hard time assuming good faith on the part of people interacting with a government system that deals with their money

but on the other hand, taxation is theft, so...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mango sentinel posted:

The optics of "ruling party arrests opposition leader for treason over a joke" would be a yuuuuge rallying point for Trump, even among undecided voters.

Short of maybe an FEC slap on the wrist nothing can or will be done. Nothing matters.

If part of his campaign came forth with confessions/evidence that the Trump campaign was colluding with a foreign power it would be negligence for the administration to not arrest him. You don't gently caress around with treason.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a PostEverything story- basically an opinion piece.

they do straight reporting using only state department memos for background because the foreign desk is a skeleton crew

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Homework Explainer posted:

they do straight reporting using only state department memos for background because the foreign desk is a skeleton crew

2 spooky

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/758395254953443329
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/758395233709109248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

docbeard posted:

Oh man. Since the terrifying LOCK HER UP show trial last week, the predictable response to any calls that Trump should perhaps face consequences for what is at the very least an open suggestion that a federal crime be committed by a foreign power will have to be "Oh sure, NOW it's okay to call for the imprisonment of your political opponents." This includes the actual government doing so because, of course, the Obama Administration are firmly on the side of his rival for the 2016 election.

Trump is basically either incredibly stupid and incredibly lucky or the greatest manipulator of public perception of the past hundred years, and I cannot decide which.

the fox news fear machine and tea party did all of the tough propaganda groundwork already. Trump just hijacked the train

• Locked thread