Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Inhumans are exploring the part of being a minority where you find yourself part of something with a history and social structure you didn't know about. When Morrison tried setting that up for the X-Men monumental levels of bitching occurred everywhere but here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Inhumans are exploring the part of being a minority where you find yourself part of something with a history and social structure you didn't know about. When Morrison tried setting that up for the X-Men monumental levels of bitching occurred everywhere but here.
I didn't happen here because here didn't exist when Morrison was writing X-Men.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

bobkatt013 posted:

Jean Grey - yep
Beast - The worst
Angel - yep
Iceman - the only one left

Throw in Storm and Emma and you have a really potent team of rear end in a top hat mutants to go rampaging around with.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Jubilee and Kitty Pride are still kinda cool, I guess.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Air is lava! posted:

Jubilee and Kitty Pride are still kinda cool, I guess.

Kitty Pryde is a notorious racist
Jubilee is a kid stealing vampire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trast posted:

Throw in Storm and Emma and you have a really potent team of rear end in a top hat mutants to go rampaging around with.

Angel and Beast are there to watch the car, I guess.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

"You know why the van has all this dirt and grim on it, Warren? loving Scott! I'll bet he's the reason the spare tire was missing too."

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Pardon the newcomer question, but I'm reading again for the first time in many years: Why do some books use the mixed-case of the old Ultimate books and others don't? It's odd as heck.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Craptacular! posted:

Pardon the newcomer question, but I'm reading again for the first time in many years: Why do some books use the mixed-case of the old Ultimate books and others don't? It's odd as heck.

In the case of Al Ewing's New Avengers, the mixed-case font is literally meant to indicate some kind of "Ultimate accent," as the Maker is from that universe.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Craptacular! posted:

Post-SW 2015 it seems like it's basically up to whatever the letterer feels is best for what case they use, whether that be mixed-case or not. Usually it's still all-caps, but it seems the younger skewing, more humorous, or breezier titles will use mixed-case. The only exception is, as aforementioned, New Avengers, where the difference in font usage is meant to underline that the Maker is not from the current universe.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
In the store yesterday I noticed that the 2nd printing of Steve Rogers #1 has a slight change to the cover art.

It's the same picture but they added a "Hail Hydra" word bubble to it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Incredible

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Well, uh. CWII #4 certainly was a comic.

Weird that the Guardians came in on the side of Carol, given the promo art. Was it just a bait and switch? They don't really seem like the team to jump aboard the Thoughtcrimes Train.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP your wallet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Thankfully didn't have to buy it! I work at a game store, and there's usually some quid pro quo. In this case, it means I give them a discount on Love Letter, and when I went in to buy Saga Vol 6, I got to read it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Civil War 2 is an exercise in Bendis ruining everything he's ever worked on then he's doing a fantastic job.

Seriously Carol what the gently caress are you doing?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought CWII 4 was the best of the run...right up until the last couple of panels.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So people were talking about Shazam and Captain Marvel in the BSS Movie thread, and it reminded me. What's the status on MiracleMan? I only found an article back in March that said it was delayed, but couldn't find any more info. I'm starting to feel like this is S.H.I.E.L.D. all over again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

So people were talking about Shazam and Captain Marvel in the BSS Movie thread, and it reminded me. What's the status on MiracleMan? I only found an article back in March that said it was delayed, but couldn't find any more info. I'm starting to feel like this is S.H.I.E.L.D. all over again.

It's the other way around, we've been waiting 20 years for more MM.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Civil War II #4 is a Bad Comic

The panel of Marvel Smart People agree with Tony

Captain Marvel abducts an innocent

Captain Marvel plays the Rhodey card

????????

The Guardians of the Galaxy jump in for team thoughtcrimes.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 27, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Aphrodite posted:

Angel and Beast are there to watch the car, I guess.

Beast is turning the car into some sort of time continium destroying bomb. As far as Angel goes yeah he's just there to make sure no one scratches the paint.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It's the other way around, we've been waiting 20 years for more MM.

I know, but I found the article saying the next run was delayed, and that article was written in March.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I am not buying that Kamala would let things go as far as they've gone in her books. Her supporting this incredibly sketchy setup with a homemade prison does not feel believable in the slightest.

I completely get why people don't like events now.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'll say this much: David Marquez's art is pretty stellar.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Wanderer posted:

I'll say this much: David Marquez's art is pretty stellar.

Yeah for real. I'm reading CW2 almost solely for art. I love how he draws Carol especially. I really hope he lands in an ongoing after this event.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

So basically the only way this works out in Carol's favor is Ulysses being infallible and dead by the end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm curious as to what's stopping them from going "Hey so our guy here had a vision where you do this bad thing at X place at Y time. We'd like to discuss why you would do this and to play it safe we're going to ask you to take a vacation or leave the state until Y time happens, thus preventing the vision from occurring. Also don't do try doing that."

So there you go. You can be proactive on poo poo like Thanos (which Carol was right to act upon but she should have called EVERYONE) but stop dumb poo poo like the teenage gestapo we have on Ms Marvel.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 27, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

How does that end in the required punch em up?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm curious as to what's stopping them from going "Hey so our guy here had a vision where you do this bad thing at X place at Y time. We'd like to discuss why you would do this and to play it safe we're going to ask you to take a vacation or leave the state until Y time happens, thus preventing the vision from occurring. Also don't do try doing that."

So there you go. You can be proactive on poo poo like Thanos (which Carol was right to act upon but she should have called EVERYONE) but stop dumb poo poo like the teenage gestapo we have on Ms Marvel.

That just moves things from Minority Report to Final Destination.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SirDan3k posted:

How does that end in the required punch em up?

One of the visions show them all fighting but not why so they get in an argument over what they could be fighting about, leading to a fight about why would they fight about a vision of them fighting.

Then it turns out it wasn't a real vision and it was just Ulysses pulling a prank for YouTube.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Then it turns out it wasn't a real vision and it was just Ulysses pulling a prank for YouTube.

Ah, the classic World Star gambit, excellent. With all the power of my Official Marvel No prize...'s ashes I declare you version canon.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They actually sort of tried that on Ms. Marvel. Kamalla basically told them that they want to keep him that guy locked up for that one night. But Bruno was incredibly impatient.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Trast posted:

Beast is turning the car into some sort of time continium destroying bomb. As far as Angel goes yeah he's just there to make sure no one scratches the paint.

The paint will eventually be scratched and Angel will replace it with organic self-regenerating, possibly-sentient micro-blade paint that can expel technoviruses at opposing vehicles or pedestrians.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hey, who's the Transformers-looking bloke/she-bloke in that widescreen panel with all the Team Tony folks? Looks like a real cool design.

I don't think this issue was as bad as the second or third issues, but this may possibly contain the worst characterization of Carol Danvers that's ever existed, so that's saying something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I believe you're referring to Riri Williams.

Also good to see that Kitty Pryde continuing the running joke of having the worst costumes ever conceived of in that panel of the Guardians.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hahahah gently caress I didn't even recognize Kitty.

And oh yeah I thought those antenna things behind Riri's armor were ear parts, like Optimus Prime.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Hahahah gently caress I didn't even recognize Kitty.

When you look to 1992 Shatterstar for costume inspiration then something is wrong.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It might be an interesting twist if Ulysses had a vision which revealed that Carol was going to be the cause of some nebulous catastrophe and she had to pre-arrest herself.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bunch of suckers talking about CWII when Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, and Mockingbird all had great issues. Gosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

• Locked thread