Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

exethan posted:

ghandi's edpi was 69, requiring an incredible 420 inches to turn the other cheek

Ghandi was an Open scrub

Awesome Welles posted:

should I go out to my car to do a quick reading of this and upload it, because I'm tempted to

It would pair nice with that schizo one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

EvilBeard posted:

Whenever some edgy kid calls me a human being, I just hit him with the truth. Something like this: There are waaaay worse things than being gay. Like being him. I couldn't imagine being a terrible, garbage, ignorant person who will contribute nothing to the world, be a disappointment to my parents, family, and society in general. Yeah, I'd rather have sex with people I find attractive. That's just horrible. Generally they'll just shut up or rage tilt.

lmao

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

should I go out to my car to do a quick reading of this and upload it, because I'm tempted to

yes

mcvey posted:

Ghandi was an Open scrub

he also had a real gripe with moving pistol accuracy

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Awesome Welles posted:

It's what Gandhi would have wanted.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

jfc people it's "gandhi"

also how the gently caress did i spell gandhi incorrectly for so long? god bitch!

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
i did a 1v5 ace in esea last night with my fellow gameers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDYRZ8kWRU&t=18s

stump collector
May 28, 2007
that was a beautiful wallbang thank you sants

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sants posted:

drat fine play on your side, that awp wallbang was nice, can't believe they gave you 5 1v1s

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

I just realized CSGOlounge hasn't even put out a statement yet and they're gonna have to shut down in 4 (?) days along with everyone else.

They can keep their popular trading platform up. They probably want to wring every last penny out before they have to shut down the betting part of their site so they don't want to spook users by putting out a statement too early.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

It would pair nice with that schizo one

Macnult posted:

It's what Gandhi would have wanted.

I need to pick out a voice for this one then. Will record before I head home.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
time for a goon bullyinmg seminar

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

sants posted:

Gamer

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

sants posted:

I'm the foghorn pitched "what up now sweeeeeeeedes"

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Haha someone finally found a way to reproduce the spawn bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8GLEq5NNo

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Thorgot posted:

Great so MM will be unplayable until this is patched.

oh actually finished the video, it's somewhat involved, might not be too bad

MF_James fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 27, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

sants posted:

very nice, funny hearing the other team's reaction too

stump collector
May 28, 2007

MF_James posted:

Great so MM will be unplayable until this is patched.

oh actually finished the video, it's somewhat involved, might not be too bad

looks easy as gently caress but spawning with a pistol and no armor will probably not be that good. now if you can get a buddy to throw you a weapon it'd be nuts

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Thorgot posted:

This is the prettiest gamer I've ever seen.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Trying to watch the grand final of TWC2016 NA Qualifier between USA & Canada and this poo poo came on my screen so I just closed the tab.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

fyallm posted:

Trying to watch the grand final of TWC2016 NA Qualifier between USA & Canada and this poo poo came on my screen so I just closed the tab.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

This is the prettiest gamer I've ever seen.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
This game is so depressing when you're getting hammered and everything you do results in a bullet to the face, but then you have just one absolutely amazing round and your team explodes on voice and it's perfect. :allears:

UMP ace as the last man standing. I love UMPs.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

surc posted:

First of all: Telling people who are being assholes that they are being assholes and should not be assholes is not "Some ghandi poo poo".

Secondly: gently caress you. gently caress you and your bullshit, lazy, selfish, justifying-inaction rear end. "It's hard and I don't see immediate results" is a bullshit excuse. Are you going to fix the entire counter-strike community? No. But "love the idealistic angle, but then don't do poo poo" is a cop-out of the highest order no matter what circumstances it's used in. Obviously the counter-strike (or any) community is never going to change if everybody shrugs and goes "oh well it's never going to change".
I have maybe a 40-60% success rate on getting people in my game to stop being shits in my game if I bring it up in the right way, and continue bringing it up for multiple rounds.
Am I fixing CS:GO for everybody? No.
Am I making it more likely these people will not be shits in future games? Some of them, likely yes, some of them, probably it has a small amount of influence, and might make them stop easier next time, by indicating that people will call them on it and not put up with their poo poo, and some of them, probably no.
Does it help me, personally, have a better game because they have stopped being shits in my game? Yes.

ur 2centz are dumb

i wish you luck wallowing in your poo poo-filled pool that you are too lazy to tell the next person squatting down is not a toilet.

hey man i recommend you read george orwell's essay "reflections on gandhi"

the man himself posted:

The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection, that one is sometimes willing to commit sins for the sake of loyalty, that one does not push asceticism to the point where it makes friendly intercourse impossible, and that one is prepared in the end to be defeated and broken up by life, which is the inevitable price of fastening one's love upon other human individuals.

hopefully that means something to you because it sure doesnt to me

surc posted:

I made that post pre-coffee, and on review I was overly hostile in conveying my point; apologies to smithereens who is also not thrilled about the community being poo poo. The point is still solid though, that's a bullshit excuse and a cop-out.

no problem man i am a frequenter of toxic communities and your negativity does not phase me. god bless.

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 28, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

exethan posted:

ghandi's edpi was 69, requiring an incredible 420 inches to turn the other cheek

lmaaaao

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
The P90 sounds bad. All SMGs sound bad now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Slemmy is out of c9's playing roster, I wonder who they'll get to replace him

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Did they actually kill gambling sites? I assumed they were just saying that.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Did they actually kill gambling sites? I assumed they were just saying that.

No, they just implied they would take legal action against gambling sites, and the sites took the hint.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

another kansas city talent, me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

Most likely Tarik, but it could be anyone. They just need a competent rifler, since Slemmy is most likely moving to a coaching role.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

surc posted:

i wish you luck wallowing in your poo poo-filled pool that you are too lazy to tell the next person squatting down is not a toilet.

ok

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

No, they just implied they would take legal action against gambling sites, and the sites took the hint.

Just to clarify on this, they said you can't use the Steam API or Steam accounts for gambling. In theory they killed it, but a few sites have said they aren't shutting down so either they have a loophole or they think Valve is bluffing.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

some quality taze kills from your very own goon tazer clan

some great jumping awp shots to clutch the game xD

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Suran37 posted:

Just to clarify on this, they said you can't use the Steam API or Steam accounts for gambling. In theory they killed it, but a few sites have said they aren't shutting down so either they have a loophole or they think Valve is bluffing.

While the letter specifically targeted the activity of gambling sites in this case, they said the actual problem is use of Steam accounts/Steam's API for any commercial purposes. If they think Valve is bluffing then I guess that's one thing, but I can't imagine what loophole they might think they've found.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
When I try to use plays.tv my video is very choppy. I have an older pc, and I just ordered a new video card. Will this help with that, or do I really need to upgrade my cpu to the latest i7?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You've given us almost no information on your rig. Streaming and recording software will bottleneck very easy if you don't meet minimum reqs with both your gpu, gpu, and ram.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

EvilBeard posted:

When I try to use plays.tv my video is very choppy. I have an older pc, and I just ordered a new video card. Will this help with that, or do I really need to upgrade my cpu to the latest i7?

Yeah what the guy above said, your bottleneck could be a combo of GPU, CPU , or RAM. Is plays.tv straight streaming or does it drop poo poo on the hard drive as well? If it does drop stuff on the hard drive, you'd want an SSD.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

NTT posted:

You've given us almost no information on your rig. Streaming and recording software will bottleneck very easy if you don't meet minimum reqs with both your gpu, gpu, and ram.

I have a quad core i7-2600, 16GB of ram, and my old gpu was a 1GB 560ti GTX. I ordered a 960gtx 4GB gpu which should be here tomorrow.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

EvilBeard posted:

I have a quad core i7-2600, 16GB of ram, and my old gpu was a 1GB 560ti GTX. I ordered a 960gtx 4GB gpu which should be here tomorrow.

i think in your price range you shouldve gone for a new gtx 1060 or a rx 480 unless you got the 960 for significantly less than $200

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Seconding returning that 960 and get a 1060 or go AMD and get an RX 480 instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

The only problem with the 1060 is that right now most places are selling them for ~$50-100 over the MSRP.