Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

That's his Superman face? Weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Why didn't they just cast Tom Welling again, lmao.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Superman never really recovered from the nuke hit in this universe....

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

or his Bruce Campbell cosplay phase.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Superman never really recovered from the nuke hit in this universe....

Would make a good Bizzaro.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Shoulda stuck with not showing him if this is the alternative. Not that it matters, considering you'd only see it if you watched Supergirl.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Maybe they purposely cast this guy so that there would be no way Cavill could possibly feel threatened by him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I didn't know John Turturro had a son.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Basebf555 posted:

Maybe they purposely cast this guy so that there would be no way Cavill could possibly feel threatened by him.

Cavill? *I* don't feel threatened by him. He looks like the puppet from Saw slicked his hair down and stole the clothes off a Superman action figure. This is really bad. Didn't they do any screen tests?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Bunch of edgy fuckers ITT. Suit looks fine. Maybe not the boots - they're a bit too blocky and combat armor looking compared to the rest of the suit.

Looks fine. Bunch of haters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mortanis posted:

Bunch of edgy fuckers ITT. Suit looks fine. Maybe not the boots - they're a bit too blocky and combat armor looking compared to the rest of the suit.

Looks fine. Bunch of haters.

Suit looks fine

Cape sucks but whatever

The guy in the suit is the problem

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Since this is Supergirl's show I think Clark should show up in a red kilt and chelsea boots, it seems only fair.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"On my world, the 'S' stands for 'sour face.'"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That guy looks like a pussy

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The S stands for "looks terrible"

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The S stands for "looks terrible"

I think you mean "5 o' clock Shadow".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Like anyone's even going to notice him in a scene with Melissa Benoist.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Good god.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
And I say this as someone who thinks Melissa Benoist is doing a far better job that I would've ever expected anyone to.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Placky McSprueface.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Wow didn't know they even had offbrand Patrick Fischler

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

In a thread full of the dumbest loving discussions and arguments, this Martha discussion may be the stupidest thing ever talked about.

You owned the whole thread. Can anyone say "mic drop?" Wow.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Yeesh is right. Dude has a killer lazy eye I cannot unsee

He looks goofy as hell, a cross between Phil from Modern Family and John Turturro

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Straight up impressed nobody has mentioned his lack of red undies yet.

Supes kind of reminds me of what Clive Owen would look like if he got into an elevator and smelled a fart.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THis new Superman must be eliminated.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can't comment on Supergirl since I haven't seen it, but the guy playing Superman was in one of the best adaptations of a graphic novel, Road to Perdition.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

Straight up impressed nobody has mentioned his lack of red undies yet.

The loss of the trunks is such a self-evidently grotesque mistake it hardly bears mentioning in casual conversation. Like 9/11, we've all made bitter peace with the fact that this is the world now and there's no going back.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Yeah, Supes hasn't had red undies in years and I'm an old enough reader that it's a serious case of Not My Superman every time I see it.

I don't hate the MoS suit, but the red really breaks up the huge swaths of single color better than I care to admit, even if they look kinda stupid.

I'm also enough of a purist that I prefer the cape to have the symbol despite almost nothing having it in forever.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Uh... Should have just called Brandon Routh CW, you do have access to him!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I feel like this superman would try to steal all my funyuns

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

It's good to see Robbie Rotten from Lazytown has hung up the old supervillain hat and become a hero.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proposition Joe posted:

Uh... Should have just called Brandon Routh CW, you do have access to him!

If he had just said no to Atom and waited 2 years he could have actually reprised the role and after Man of Steel/BvS there are clearly a ton of people who prefer the old version. Imagine how nuts CC would have gone this year if they revealed that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

Why didn't they just cast Tom Welling again, lmao.

Because he was a huge rear end in a top hat and nobody wanted anything to do with him. Hilariously he'd hit the gym pretty hard in an attempt to get ready for the potential gig. He's probably thinking about killing himself now.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Was the left side photoshopped or is Henry Cavill really that jacked when he does these movies? I have a friend who has met him in real life (at SDCC one year) who says the guy is massive, but compared to the scrawny TV Supes he almost looks unbelievably big.

Although the perspective and framing of each photo is probably very different, so maybe that's why it looks so jarring side by side.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Was the left side photoshopped or is Henry Cavill really that jacked when he does these movies? I have a friend who has met him in real life (at SDCC one year) who says the guy is massive, but compared to the scrawny TV Supes he almost looks unbelievably big.

Although the perspective and framing of each photo is probably very different, so maybe that's why it looks so jarring side by side.

I know the suit is padded some but a lot of that is just pure Cavill

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
It's definitely partially composition, but Cavill really is jacked out of his loving mind.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

Wow didn't know they even had offbrand Patrick Fischler

That's who I thought of immediately, the weaselly guy from the Dharma Initiative, who got scared behind the Winkie's.

But sometimes I mix of Patrick Fischler and James Frain, and now there's this guy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

It's definitely partially composition, but Cavill really is jacked out of his loving mind.
Ya when he was running around in the fishing town in MoS... so many muscles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Josh Lyman posted:

Ya when he was running around in the fishing town in MoS... so many muscles.

His physique is loving hypnotic. When the suit was first revealed in 2012 it was clear that there was no padding, it was all Cavill.

• Locked thread