Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jack Trades posted:

I've tried playing most fighting games that are available on PC and none of them clicked very well for me.
Anime fighters are too messy and over-designed, NetherRealms fighters are trash and I don't feel like previous SF games are more interesting to play than 4.

I mean, SF4 is nowhere near being perfect but it's the most fun I've had with a fighting game.

most fighting games that are available on pc = most fighting games ever made for arcade???

http://fightanvidya.com/games

this site hits a lot of the highlights, but there are plenty of other 2d fighters available on steam and fightcade and if you really can't find a single other game that "clicks" with you and the only one is SF4, you probably just don't like the genre in general. You just like SF4. this doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with you but it either speaks to a lack of experience or a very special form of bad taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
fightanvidya

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

find me a less embarrassing url with the same browsing ease and explanations for playing games to link and i'll link it instead

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I will fight a nvidia

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

more people should vote for samshospesh5

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Zand posted:

most fighting games that are available on pc = most fighting games ever made for arcade???

http://fightanvidya.com/games

this site hits a lot of the highlights, but there are plenty of other 2d fighters available on steam and fightcade and if you really can't find a single other game that "clicks" with you and the only one is SF4, you probably just don't like the genre in general. You just like SF4. this doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with you but it either speaks to a lack of experience or a very special form of bad taste

I mean. Super Turbo, Alpha and SFV are reasonably fun and I kiiiinda liked Rising Thunder, so it's definitely not just SF4. I just find SF4 the most interesting one to play of the fighting games that I like.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

revelator is so good

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Renoistic posted:

Juri's last trial is making me insane. I just can't get her super out in time. Or rather, there's probably something about my timing after activating her eye. Anyway, I manage to hit Ryu with both the hadoken and DP but he alway hits the ground before my super comes out (the moment Juri touches the ground).

I was stuck on this when I kept trying to cancel the first frame into super, but then I watched the demo and turns you can cancel it pretty late (just not in the middle if that makes sense.)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

revelator is so good

yep. is true

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

revelator is so good

It's

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Did anything change with Juri from her story or hacked gameplay? I'm curious what they tweaked between then and her now-released incarnation, if anything, and if we might expect similar with Urien.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to guess nothing

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lothire posted:

Did anything change with Juri from her story or hacked gameplay? I'm curious what they tweaked between then and her now-released incarnation, if anything, and if we might expect similar with Urien.

surprise they didn't change anything at all

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
We need to release a character each month.
If we released all of our completed poo poo at once people would realize how empty the game is. Keep the masses hoping.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is the new killer instinct game any good. I'm reminded it exists every now and then and each time I look at it I have no idea what's going on.

Like is there even a scene for that game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

play revelator

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

play revelator

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is the new killer instinct game any good. I'm reminded it exists every now and then and each time I look at it I have no idea what's going on.

Like is there even a scene for that game.

Yeah but play rev instead

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I would play Rev but I heard Slayer is poop in that game and he was always my favorite in the other GG's I messed around with.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
As a Slayer sub, he's only as poop as you are.
He was also buffed recently in a mostly meaningless way. Play Revelator.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously play revelator

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I didn't have SIGN very long on PC before it became obsolete, what's the chance of them doing that again? Because there's no way I'm buying a ps4.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Purple Smoke of Deception! Despite the fact its all black... and unartedlike.

I love how they use SF4 art for their SFV promo of her.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Revelator will probably last another year-and-a-half before a new version with balance updates and 8 new characters comes out.
I don't mind buying the new versions, because each new version is good and fun to play, unlike this other game someone was talking about, this thread.....game.....

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Gorp posted:

Revelator will probably last another year-and-a-half before a new version with balance updates and 8 new characters comes out.
I don't mind buying the new versions, because each new version is good and fun to play, unlike this other game someone was talking about, this thread.....game.....

Theres an actual game in this thread that people play that isn't good?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Revelator PC Port has been leaked to be coming out late this year

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I realized I wanted to play juri and urien but can't put up with the load times and general poo poo required ot get 200k fight money.

:shrug:

I can't access the one part of sf5 i want to play.

how. interesting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Revelator PC Port has been leaked to be coming out late this year

As a broke PC dude I'd be more excited about most Arcsys games if I weren't sure we're getting the version that's about to become outdated.

The one thing Capcom has consistently gotten right IMO is their "update" policy since Arcade Edition. The issue with SFV is more...well, everything around SFV feeling like amateur hour, the model I still dig.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

SectumSempra posted:

I realized I wanted to play juri and urien but can't put up with the load times and general poo poo required ot get 200k fight money.

:shrug:

I can't access the one part of sf5 i want to play.

how. interesting.

I guess you're just bad with money :shrug:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

I guess you're just bad with money :shrug:

no bad with money would be purchasing them with actual money.

I could just continue to go through the fake story mode situation where the loading screens are longer then the cutscenes sometimes. (making skipping them questionable).

It's like I only want to play to try two characters out, but can't earn enough to play them without playing parts of the game I don't want to, because I didn't have fun with them before.
Go figure.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

The Purple Smoke of Deception! Despite the fact its all black... and unartedlike.

I love how they use SF4 art for their SFV promo of her.

I was wondering why it looked so gently caress ugly.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

no bad with money would be purchasing them with actual money.

I could just continue to go through the fake story mode situation where the loading screens are longer then the cutscenes sometimes. (making skipping them questionable).

It's like I only want to play to try two characters out, but can't earn enough to play them without playing parts of the game I don't want to, because I didn't have fun with them before.
Go figure.

That guy is consistently an idiot, but eh, that's kind of a dumb complaint. Think of it like this, if you weren't having fun with the game it's not like another character that presses st.MP for pressure, st.MK for poking and dashes throws well is gonna make things too different.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Dias posted:

That guy is consistently an idiot, but eh, that's kind of a dumb complaint. Think of it like this, if you weren't having fun with the game it's not like another character that presses st.MP for pressure, st.MK for poking and dashes throws well is gonna make things too different.

i just really like juri and wanted to use her in training mode at minimum before i just stop playing entirely.
It was to at least get a feel for her, I'm more than certain I wouldn't be playing long term but oh well guess i should have purchased on pc.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I actually agree that we should be able to use all the characters in Training Mode, at least...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/758751747418513408

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Love Stole the Day posted:

I actually agree that we should be able to use all the characters in Training Mode, at least...

The fact that you can't is loving retarded (though it's Capcom, so no surprise).

The game is basically forcing you to buy all the characters even if you have no intention of playing any of them, just so that you can use them in training mode to figure out how to counter their X move.

Throw this one onto the mountain pile of poo poo-Capcom-hosed-up-in-SFV.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I would play Rev but I heard Slayer is poop in that game and he was always my favorite in the other GG's I messed around with.

You are not good enough for tiers to matter

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you could also play venom, who now has a 7 frame startup/7 active/16 recovery 6p that you can confirm into up to 200 damage, is a fun character and also people start hollering anytime you do a simple setup that you stole off twitter and took like 5 minutes in the lab to master

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
except the venom players they just go "aayyyy i saw that too"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
5 minutes? No thank u