Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
For what it's worth, I'm not seeing :catdrugs: on a Nexus 7 with marshmallow (in phone mode, not tablet), or my Nexus 5 in marshmallow preview 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Yeah, they looks fine on my 2014 Moto X (5.1).

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nah it's definitely there and I know exactly why - it only happens briefly

I'll poke at it this evening, that and the secret line bug

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
App is now crashing after updating it.

I tried removing all data, and reinstalling.
It happens as soon as it's done downloading forums data it seems.
I sent in those crash reports. :v:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

-Anders posted:

The only way you can solve that is by updating your device to lollipop or beyond.:v:

Thanks for the reports, should be fixed soon.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

-Anders posted:

Same. Tablet is running 4.1.2 because it is old.

I look forward to the update.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Is there any reason why links to other threads don't open in the app? I don't remember if that was ever a feature that's just now stopped working or not.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think it used to work and maybe stopped working after the way links were handled was changed? Just going off of memory, not 100%.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Is there a way to access subgroups within subforums?

Like games>blizzard subforum>WoW subforum

Currently I can only see the first tier of subforums but nothing further

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can see the wow sub, try updating the forum list

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's a mix for me. My guess is that the app has a built in forum list, and then one it retrieves when it feels cache has expired. When I start the app I can see project.log etc, but it seems that if I use it for a while the sub-sub forums go away.

Edit-weird I can see the wow forum but not project.log So much for that theory!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

New version is slower.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Scaramouche posted:

It's a mix for me. My guess is that the app has a built in forum list, and then one it retrieves when it feels cache has expired. When I start the app I can see project.log etc, but it seems that if I use it for a while the sub-sub forums go away.

Edit-weird I can see the wow forum but not project.log So much for that theory!

The new version (where the dropdown arrow spins when you expand the list) parses the forums in a different way, if you have that you should be able to see all of them. The old way was a bit unreliable, which is why some subforums didn't always show up

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
We're going to pretend I didn't just post in the wrong thread..
--
It might be placebo, but things feel snappier now!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

The new version is having a weird problem where I can get stuck with half of the thread list showing and half of the thread (vertically) and neither side responds to touch. I'm not sure how to take a screenshot on my phone but I can try if you like.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

VioletCorsica posted:

The new version is having a weird problem where I can get stuck with half of the thread list showing and half of the thread (vertically) and neither side responds to touch. I'm not sure how to take a screenshot on my phone but I can try if you like.

Usually it's holding power and volume down at the same time.

What phone on what version of Android?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Sereri posted:

Usually it's holding power and volume down at the same time.

What phone on what version of Android?

Moto G-2. Android 6.0. I can try holding both buttons down to see if I can reproduce the bug.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

VioletCorsica posted:

Moto G-2. Android 6.0. I can try holding both buttons down to see if I can reproduce the bug.

That doesn't do it. Maybe it's something to do with swiping left to right or right to left...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

VioletCorsica posted:

That doesn't do it. Maybe it's something to do with swiping left to right or right to left...

No he meant that's how you do a screenshot.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

spankmeister posted:

No he meant that's how you do a screenshot.

Oh man, wow. I am apparently having my first ever migraine. Thanks for clarifying.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

VioletCorsica posted:

I can trigger that by double tapping a thread. The second tap seems to interrupt the switch to the thread and it freezes where it had scrolled to when the second tap hit.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Midjack posted:

I can trigger that by double tapping a thread. The second tap seems to interrupt the switch to the thread and it freezes where it had scrolled to when the second tap hit.

Ooh, tried that and triggered another thing. Double tapping a thread means that a totally unrelated thread opens, perhaps the one at the top of the menu where I double tapped.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Discovered today the problem isn't app specific. Thanks anyway!

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
A) posts with attachments don't ever post.
B) the reason I found out was reporting a UI thing.

It's possibly due to being stuck on marshmallow preview 3, but the dialog boxes in the dark theme are hard to read the action items (eg cancel). Maybe use a Grey or white text?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's the proper format for naming an oled css without it loving up? I named the one I'm trying "mine.oled.css" but it ends up doing a weird amalgamation of oled and dark (title bars are blue, there's a grey border around post composition box, action box is grey and blue, actual threads and the lists are still black) and I'm not sure why. The only things I changed were the color for OP and my posts, but the rest is the stock oled.css

site fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 6, 2016

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

site posted:

What's the proper format for naming an oled css without it loving up? I named the one I'm trying "mine.oled.css" but it ends up doing a weird amalgamation of oled and dark (title bars are blue, there's a grey border around post composition box, action box is grey and blue, actual threads and the lists are still black) and I'm not sure why. The only things I changed were the color for OP and my posts, but the rest is the stock oled.css
That's weird. That should do the trick. I'll take a look.

ryanbruce posted:

A) posts with attachments don't ever post.
B) the reason I found out was reporting a UI thing.

It's possibly due to being stuck on marshmallow preview 3, but the dialog boxes in the dark theme are hard to read the action items (eg cancel). Maybe use a Grey or white text?

Weird, I'll take a look at it.
Not sure how much I can do about the buttons, the color is usually for lots of things. I'll see if I can single it out somehow.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is it possible to get like a number badge showing you have unread pms in the user sidebar. I just discovered pms that have been sitting for weeks cuz i never knew they were there and i pretty much only use awful app.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

site posted:

Is it possible to get like a number badge showing you have unread pms in the user sidebar. I just discovered pms that have been sitting for weeks cuz i never knew they were there and i pretty much only use awful app.

I'm too lazy to fire up my laptop right now, but does the "you have new PMs" show up only on the Control Panel page? I don't remember if it shows counts either.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

You get a box at the top of some pages that said you have an unread message (or that nobody likes you). Not sure if there's a counter anywhere, if not then it means scraping the PM pages counting the unread items

It's on the list, it's just finding the time to add features

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Not that it's the same, but you should also get an email from the forums when you get a PM. So that specific problem of inky using the app shouldn't be too bad, as long as you have emails from that account going to your phone.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Not that it's the same, but you should also get an email from the forums when you get a PM. So that specific problem of inky using the app shouldn't be too bad, as long as you have emails from that account going to your phone.
assuming you dont turn off most/all emails from forums you visit.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Now request thread posting.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gmail was protecting me by sending them to spam as it turns out

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Is it me or do the YOSPOS theme and its variants no longer support rendering bold text? Switched to Dark recently just for that, but man, I just love the legibility and sheer contrast of GreenPOS and AmberPOS.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dinictus posted:

Is it me or do the YOSPOS theme and its variants no longer support rendering bold text? Switched to Dark recently just for that, but man, I just love the legibility and sheer contrast of GreenPOS and AmberPOS.

yeah that's due to the fixed font, I think. It's a real shame.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

well why not posted:

I seem to recall at least Awful still rendering bold normally before on the YOSPOS theme, but I might be mistaken.

God knows that wouldn't be a first for me.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Dinictus posted:

well why not posted:

Dinictus posted:

I seem to recall at least Awful still rendering bold normally before on the YOSPOS theme, but I might be mistaken.

God knows that wouldn't be a first for me.

Yeah I totally forgot about that and no, the font hasn't been changed in forever, so it never worked.
I could try to do some faking via css like text-shadow or something but it's probably easier to replace Droid Sans Mono with Roboto Mono which has bolding.

As for PM notifications, it's really lovely because they only show up on the forum index and the UCP. We could also check the PM index itself but then you need to set alarms to check every X hours. Meanwhile the index is basically out too since we only check it around once a day. Which leaves the UCP and it's honestly not really intuitive to have refreshing the UCP also refresh whether or not you have new PMs, especially to clear the badge.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
What if you have a refresh icon that calls up the UCP? Not ideal, but that way it's a user driven action so it wouldn't violate the forum rules?

That way you have three vectors daily: Clicking on the bookmarks window, the main page, and hitting refresh.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ryanbruce posted:

What if you have a refresh icon that calls up the UCP? Not ideal, but that way it's a user driven action so it wouldn't violate the forum rules?

That way you have three vectors daily: Clicking on the bookmarks window, the main page, and hitting refresh.

If you want a user action that checks, you can just press the PM button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I think I've managed to knock out something workable here. Don't expect too much out of the menu though, it's not that easy to customise :frogbon: