Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This is really cool. I like seeing that there's a dedicated drawer of metal working tools, and a separate drawer for cutting wheels and the like.
Also, the Pam is pretty clever.
I really need to know why that ratchet is on the outside of that portable box though...

Considering the limited space and the second half-inch connector nub just below it, I'm guessing that's where they keep their extensions and they just keep an extra ratchet attached to the 3/8th's extension.

edit: I can see the top of another ratchet on the other side of the box, so I'm saying yep, they keep ratchets attached to their really long extensions and just run them length-wise through the box.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 27, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
RADL-approved gearboxes coming soon!

http://i.imgur.com/AR2pxXH.mp4

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

InitialDave posted:

RADL-approved gearboxes coming soon!

http://i.imgur.com/AR2pxXH.mp4

Designed by engineers whose only toys were Spirographs.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A few of my favorite shots from IMSA Weather Tech at Lime Rock.

IMG_0364 by um excuse me, on Flickr

IMG_0357 by um excuse me, on Flickr

IMG_0271 by um excuse me, on Flickr

IMG_0269 by um excuse me, on Flickr

IMG_0273 by um excuse me, on Flickr

230A1267 by um excuse me, on Flickr

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure we should have called the police, so they could have contacted the owner.

But the police station is like 500 meters away, and we didn't want to make them walk all the way over here :v:

Next time you can compromise and deliver the offending vehicle to the police station :haw:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

My brother bought be a tuk-tuk version of this from a Chang can in Thailand.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

um excuse me posted:

A few of my favorite shots from IMSA Weather Tech at Lime Rock.

IMG_0364 by um excuse me, on Flickr

Thanks for posting those, I was driving home the whole time that was on then completely forgot to check the results until you posted that. Can't believe after the disappointment at Le Mans I missed the Corvettes winning 1-2. Was it an exciting race? Anything worth trying to track down or should I just be happy with the results?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzblZGgnfP0

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Doubling up on my wrong thread posts:

(from Facebook)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Linedance posted:

Doubling up on my wrong thread posts:

(from Facebook)

Right thread.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

Edit: Wrong thread. Sorta content:

See what's in a NASCAR toolbox! It's pretty rad, actually!

I was a freelance photog for awhile, shot lots of NASCAR races and spent lots of time in the garage, I wish I would have thought of doing that. They are pretty secretive about their poo poo but some of the guys would be cool about it. Took a few pics of some motors once and they flipped out :v:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Slavvy posted:

Right thread.

Agreed. I'm definitely in awe. Though perhaps not for the right reasons...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's very few modified Multiplas which is sad, there's been a fair few photoshops and I'm reasonably convinced they can be made cool.

Octagonal Paul is the most willing to play with an ugly car in photoshop.

And there's this thing with a turbo lump in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPmY0DCKhAw

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It will never look like anything except two different cars stuck together. I give it mad credit for that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There is no purple in the harlequin scheme

:colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Needs more hand painted Dragon

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

There is no purple in the harlequin scheme

Your first mistake was assuming someone who owns a Multipla gives a gently caress about what you or anyone else thinks :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
THE CAR HAS A NEANDERTHAL BROW! AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN SEE THIS? I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS.

Also the dragon improves everything

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88 posted:

Your first mistake was assuming someone who owns a Multipla gives a gently caress about what you or anyone else thinks :v:

On the contrary, how upset it makes my brother, my dad and at least one of my neighbors is a top-three benefit of ownership.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Well this could be awesome or not depending on your stance on EV's, but this is a local (like one mile from where I'm typing this) company that converted a C6 Z06 into an EV and got the top speed record back in February and have now broken it with a 205.6mph run at Kennedy Space Center's runway in Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7REQyK3KlI

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

As long as EVs come with a stick shift option I'm fuckin in.

[e]: Hah! Caught before it got taken down on copyright.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 29, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Godholio posted:

It will never look like anything except two different cars stuck together. I give it mad credit for that.

To me it looks like a fat lady wearing a dress with a skinny belt.

For the real "two different cars in one" effect, you need to look at a BMW i3.

this is all i can see

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Sagebrush posted:

this is all i can see

Multiplas look like a cicada that's only halfway through molting

That BMW looks really angry at me for being behind it...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sagebrush posted:

this is all i can see

Welp, any ability I may have once had to take i3s seriously has just evaporated. Thanks for that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

For the real "two different cars in one" effect, you need to look at a BMW i8, it looks like it's making GBS threads a Porsche

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MrYenko posted:

Welp, any ability I may have once had to take i3s seriously has just evaporated. Thanks for that.

:cheers:

Never seen an i8 from behind before, but yep, that's a 997 coming out of its butt.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
525-hp V8 Miata? OK!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I loving love guntrucks :black101:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is that the front or the back of the i8?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Sorry the potato pic & angle, but that's just where traffic stopped; never seen one of these in person:

I never caught up due to traffic :mad:

EDIT:

Condolences, that is dangerously close; after I posted the pic I went looking at prices out of curiousity (only know them as a first-of type relic) and yowza

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 30, 2016

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yeah, sexy as hell.

When my dad went back to the old country for a visit back in the mid 60s his bachelor uncle owned one and told him he could have it when he passed away, which happened a few years later.

Dad had a young wife and starting a family so he couldn't afford to get it shipped to Canada so it went with the rest of the estate.

What if.. :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

scuz posted:

Edit: Wrong thread. Sorta content:

See what's in a NASCAR toolbox! It's pretty rad, actually!

I went back and realized I missed this post.

I love when people find the much more technical side of NASCAR, beyond the "go fast, turn left" part most get hung up on. The rules make the cars dead simple, relative to F1 or Indycar, sure, but within those rules everything means something. So the cars are prepped down to the finest tolerances you can imagine. They are some of the most beautifully prepped race cars in existence, and are still the work of craftsmen.

Machines will lay up a carbon tub, a guy still welds a tube chassis.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

davebo posted:

Thanks for posting those, I was driving home the whole time that was on then completely forgot to check the results until you posted that. Can't believe after the disappointment at Le Mans I missed the Corvettes winning 1-2. Was it an exciting race? Anything worth trying to track down or should I just be happy with the results?

Suuuuper late on the reply. My bad. The race was very exciting. There were plenty of position changes and the corvette and GT teams stayed pretty tightly together, not staying much more than ~7 seconds apart the whole race. IIRC, it went in 3 main phases for a while. Corvette was in the lead in the beginning, then it was corvette, GT, corvette, GT for a while. Then Corvette, GT, GT, Corvette. Then GT, Corvette, GT Corvette. It all sort of fell apart for Ganassi racing at the end. It went back to corvette, GT, corvette, GT. Then Corvette, Corvette, GT, GT for the last dozen laps or so.

But in case that's kinda hard to follow. IMSA put the whole race on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiSD-fc-6n4

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO

T1g4h posted:

I loving love guntrucks :black101:

Czech SOG rolling in modified Tatra 815 in Afghanistan couple years back. :black101:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

First Gallardo I've seen around here in a while. The color looked nice in person.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kerrow posted:

Czech SOG rolling in modified Tatra 815 in Afghanistan couple years back. :black101:

Technical-ly correct.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

thechalkoutline posted:

Sorry the potato pic & angle, but that's just where traffic stopped; never seen one of these in person:

I never caught up due to traffic :mad:

EDIT:

Condolences, that is dangerously close; after I posted the pic I went looking at prices out of curiousity (only know them as a first-of type relic) and yowza

I got to set the wheel alignment on a recently restored one last fall. After hearing what it was potentially worth, I didn't mind so much that I wasn't allowed to test drive it afterwards:

:stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

So I ended up behind this recently: