Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a primate posted:

Yea, the 3 has the best interior right now, hands down. It's a real step up from last gen.

Shame the exterior is so hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The updated Mazda6 interior is also pretty nice. Better than the Fusions in my opinion.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mazda also said the turbo skyactive 2.5 would fit in the 3 or 6, so you should expect those to hit lots around the time we colonize mars.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Powershift posted:

Mazda also said the turbo skyactive 2.5 would fit in the 3 or 6, so you should expect those to hit lots around the time we colonize mars.

That would be our next car if it existed :(

We went from a CX7, that I loving loved, to a 14 Escape. It's nice, has more gadgets...but gently caress I loved how the Mazda drove and felt, and every newer Mazda I've been in has been the same.

If we could get a Mazda3 hatch with more power, it'd be in the garage.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

That would be our next car if it existed :(

We went from a CX7, that I loving loved, to a 14 Escape. It's nice, has more gadgets...but gently caress I loved how the Mazda drove and felt, and every newer Mazda I've been in has been the same.

If we could get a Mazda3 hatch with more power, it'd be in the garage.

CX5 too tall? (Or less power than you'd like?)

The new CX9 is supposed to be pretty sweet too

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blk posted:

even the lightest 2wd cx9 is 4050lbs. that's dodge charger heavy

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

SouthLAnd posted:

The updated Mazda6 interior is also pretty nice. Better than the Fusions in my opinion.

Yeah, I had a '16 as a loaner. Really nice. The screen is a bit odd, but overall very nice. Still very happy with my '15 though.

Wish it had a loving turbo, though.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

blk posted:

CX5 didn't have enough power. I vastly preferred the interior and experience. And at the point we bought, the CX9 was dated as fuckkkkkkkkk.

New CX9 is loving amazing looking inside and out though.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Shame the exterior is so hideous.

I couldn't disagree more, the 3 and 6 are the best looking in their respective classes imo

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Why is 1 of the 3 dials dedicated to telling you to close a door... I like how the dash doesn't have a huge loving useless screen that makes you use it for a/c controls though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

CX5 didn't have enough power. I vastly preferred the interior and experience. And at the point we bought, the CX9 was dated as fuckkkkkkkkk.

New CX9 is loving amazing looking inside and out though.

Yeah we were looking at CX9's when we got our Lexus. Was not impressed and they felt more dated than the older LS's we were looking at in the same price range. The new CX is a huge step up from the previous generation.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Christobevii3 posted:

Why is 1 of the 3 dials dedicated to telling you to close a door... I like how the dash doesn't have a huge loving useless screen that makes you use it for a/c controls though.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say it's probably a multi-function LCD.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

KillHour posted:

The Fusion Titanium costs almost exactly that and is a very nice place to be.

Edit: If you up the ante to the platinum, you even get a leather dash. Granted, that's 8k more.

I don't really like the Fusion's interior that much, but it's reasonably nice. Now I kind of want to sit back to back in the CLA250 and the Fusion Titanium and do a comparison.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don't really like the Fusion's interior that much, but it's reasonably nice. Now I kind of want to sit back to back in the CLA250 and the Fusion Titanium and do a comparison.

Not from a Ford:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

While I'm in fantasy land mode: A Mazda 6 with a BMW straight 6 under the hood. :black101:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Not from a Ford:

hahaha excellent

Does anyone know when '17 Golf Sportwagen hits dealer lots?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

El Scotch posted:

While I'm in fantasy land mode: A Mazda 6 with a BMW straight 6 under the hood. :black101:

too bad bmw has basically killed off the naturally aspirated inline six in the US.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Not from a Ford:

I must be dumb. What am I looking at? Besides a useless lock lever.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

KillHour posted:

I must be dumb. What am I looking at? Besides a useless lock lever.

The gap in the door card that's exposing the metal of the door?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Mazda also said the turbo skyactive 2.5 would fit in the 3 or 6

However, they won't. Not that they won't fit, Mazda's North American CEO said earlier this year that they're not going to build a Speed 3 or 6 this gen.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I used to fantasize about the new C-Class with the Turbo V6 (C400 or C450 AMG or whatever). But since I read about all the kinds of quality issues Mercedes has with door seals etc I realized the Fusion Sport is the best car to get if you want something nice and long term.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What costs $30k in 2016 dollars that has a great interior to your mind? I can't really think of anything. The Golf is OK, the Mazda3 is OK, everything else is kind of mediocre.

Yeah I mean the real cost of a car compared to median incomes is uh problematic but I guess the quality dividend helps with that a bit.

Where are you speccing out vehicles? A mid-range Golf S costs 24~25 grand, not 30k. In my eyes, the Fusion, Sonata, Optima, Mazda 6, V6 Mustang all have either very nice to great interiors and can be had for under 30k.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
saw a Fusion Sport while driving home today, my urge to buy one is increasing :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

go3 posted:

saw a Fusion Sport while driving home today, my urge to buy one is increasing :(

I really like that car. As common as it is, I love how the Fusion looks and would own one in a heartbeat.

We've had our ecoboost Escape for a little over 2 years and 30k miles. Zero issues and it's as good as the day we got it, and that thing gets used more than most trucks. I've lost count of how many trailers and cars that thing has hauled.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im almost certainly getting one im just trying not to break my promise of not purchasing a vehicle in its first model year

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
It's bothering me that there are no reviews yet for the Fusion Sport. I'd have thought R&T or C&D would have been all over that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

My local dealer got them in on Thursday. I'm on vacation this week but I'm going to go test drive one Mondayand compare it to my SHO

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Huge_Midget posted:

It's bothering me that there are no reviews yet for the Fusion Sport. I'd have thought R&T or C&D would have been all over that.

I'm surprised as well. It makes me wonder if there are/were problems with it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

too bad bmw has basically killed off the naturally aspirated inline six in the US.

They killed it everywhere, it's turbo-fours all the way until you get to megabucks M or x35 level. They really jumped the shark with the F-series.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

El Scotch posted:

I'm surprised as well. It makes me wonder if there are/were problems with it.

Maybe they're pretending it's just a boring mid-cycle refresh so they can sneak them through dealers without them sitting on the lot for 3 months with a huge mark-up.

Really, the cars are on the lot and and on the road. if you want to know what it's about you can go drive it.

Magazine benchracing numbers aren't going to be all that impressive, but considering companies like livernois can easily pull 100hp/100ftlbs out of the 2.7 in the edge sport, the fusion will really come alive with a bit of a tune.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

They killed it everywhere, it's turbo-fours all the way until you get to megabucks M or x35 level. They really jumped the shark with the F-series.

Well they had to, you just can't make fuel economy with the N52. When I could get ethanol free 93, and drive on the highway at 70mph for the entire tank, I could get 30mpg. I saw that once. The rest of the 7 years and two cars, the best I got was 25mpg on the highway, and I usually only got around 19 mixed to and from work. It's a good engine, but it's not going to keep up in the HP arms race, and it certainly isn't fuel efficient.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Kraftwerk posted:

I used to fantasize about the new C-Class with the Turbo V6 (C400 or C450 AMG or whatever). But since I read about all the kinds of quality issues Mercedes has with door seals etc I realized the Fusion Sport is the best car to get if you want something nice and long term.

What door seal issues? At least the seat leather isn't expelling mystery oil when it's cold anymore.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Powershift posted:

Maybe they're pretending it's just a boring mid-cycle refresh so they can sneak them through dealers without them sitting on the lot for 3 months with a huge mark-up.

Really, the cars are on the lot and and on the road. if you want to know what it's about you can go drive it.

Magazine benchracing numbers aren't going to be all that impressive, but considering companies like livernois can easily pull 100hp/100ftlbs out of the 2.7 in the edge sport, the fusion will really come alive with a bit of a tune.

3 years down the road youll be able to get one for like $20,000 and mod it to 400/400 at the wheels so easily with a nice sounding exhaust. What a crazy time that will be

edit: or i would get a used 3.0L twin turbo lincoln mkz premier AWD. It already has 400/400 (at the crank) :getin: I Wonder what they look like all murdered out

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 30, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

coolskillrex remix posted:

3 years down the road youll be able to get one for like $20,000 and mod it to 400/400 at the wheels so easily with a nice sounding exhaust. What a crazy time that will be

edit: or i would get a used 3.0L twin turbo lincoln mkz premier AWD. It already has 400/400 (at the crank) :getin: I Wonder what they look like all murdered out

Hope the drivetrain can take it. :black101:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

coolskillrex remix posted:

Nah,

Cadillac CTS V-Sport

You can already find them under 35k and they have 420 hp, proper weight distribution, rear wheel drive, LSD & magnetic ride control:

If my R hadn't poo poo the bed on me I might have saved for a couple years and picked one up instead of the ATS.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

El Scotch posted:

Hope the drivetrain can take it. :black101:

There are some 600whp taurus SHOs running around, tons at 500hp, and you don't seem to hear about any driveline failures there.

The earlier PTUs could leak fluid through a vent, and explode run long enough with low fluid, but there doesn't seem to be any story of someone putting too much power or too many drag runs on them.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Everyone wants 7series quality on a civic budget.

Mazda's interiors are excellent across the board nowadays. Their main drawback nowadays is the lack of hot versions, but I guess you have to pick your poison.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Youtube vloggers are now test driving the Fusion Sport.
POV test drive.
0-60. 5.6 seconds according to this guy on a car with 80 miles. Which I guess isn't terrible. Don't know if the car was running 93octane.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Says 93 in comments

quote:

just as expected
Till 1st 2000 miles or so Ford will restrict its engine power to just about 84-85% of actual power for better run in
Post that it will increase to the actual figures

So this time I guess the Fusion SPort had around 274 HP on wheels

After the run in I guess it will be 89-93% of rated power on wheels ie around 290-302 HP on wheels which means a 0-60 of 4.8s-5.2s is possible with this machine[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

So, before Subaru or Mazda get a diesel to N.A. (That's never going to happen now)