Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Kaza42 posted:

It varies. It can either be 10%, 50% or 100%.

I only played briefly, but the quality of the buffs seems tied to the different moons. The green/bad moon, Moorsleib, has lousier buffs with the same debuffs as the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
My personal favorite buff is the one that gives all your units 50 melee attack. It's so amazingly dumb if you manage to get into a fight with that on.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
How does lore of the wild compare to lore of beasts? Is it worthwhile for beastmen to have the manticore summon vs the cygor?

Edit: also any word on more specific buffs for the other magic lores? I'm kind of interested if they made metal and fire more useful.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 29, 2016

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

DeathSandwich posted:

How does lore of the wild compare to lore of beasts? Is it worthwhile for beastmen to have the manticore summon vs the cygor?

The lore of the wilds' cygor is worth a hell of a lot more than the manticore in terms of pure value and the passive upgrade associated with the lore is way stronger as well with the huge boost to movement speed. However, the lore of beasts is the only way for them to get flying units which can be stronger in some niche situations. I feel as though some of the support spells are a little stronger from beasts however, but lore of the wilds has some modest damage based spells.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Kainser posted:

What will the objective of the Wood Elves be anyway, liberate all the woods?

v:v:v

If it were up to me, I'd have the victory objective be to make sure Bretonnia is your vassal and owns the country, then give them a campaign-ending battle against the Empire and/or Dwarfs like the Beastmen do.

E: Campaign mechanic is that Athel Loren flips the gently caress out if you let anyone into the woods and throws rebel stacks of Treekin at you. Also King Orion should have awesome campaign bonuses but "dies" and has to be re-recruited with a recurring Wild Hunt quest battle.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 29, 2016

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Speaking of, did anyone else ever find it super weird in the Mark of Chaos CGI intro that the wood elf decided to help the clearly doomed Imperial company?

Most elves tend to hate the gently caress out of Chaos (with the exception of some Dark Elves, because they're just double extra grimdark). Wood Elves probably even moreso than the others, since they're likely worried about chaos corruption loving with their forest. So I could see it working as a temporary alliance to screw over the bigger evil. After all, warrior priests of sigmar have a pretty good track record at smiting some Chaos.

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015

Fangz posted:

Whaaat no you can't confederate with the Norscans.

I meant the Nordland. It's really dumb that it is required for one of Franz's quest items. So, I'm getting real sweet with them. Hopefully, I can do it in the next couple of turns. Ideally, I want to push into middenland and start my campaign against the vile scum that are vampires (2 spooky for me).

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hrmm... what use is the new crow spell? "Enemies have a high chance to resist damage" really sucks, seems like the spell does nothing 4/5 times, but maybe I'm missing something.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

Edit: also any word on more specific buffs for the other magic lores? I'm kind of interested if they made metal and fire more useful.

Lore of the Wild has more raw power, but it's not terribly versatile, being 4/6 damage spells. The passive speed boost is crazy useful.

Lore of the Beasts is a well-rounded supportive lore, it's got some solid buffs (overcast for AOE) a decent missile spell, decent hex, and the Manticore has more potential utility than the Cygor even though it's weaker otherwise.

I like Wild better overall but I'd rather have one Wild and one Beast casters than Two Wild.

madmac fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 29, 2016

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hrmm... what use is the new crow spell? "Enemies have a high chance to resist damage" really sucks, seems like the spell does nothing 4/5 times, but maybe I'm missing something.

It's long range, casts almost instantly, targets a large area, has a low cost and cooldown, and I've seen it have some pretty good damage on it. It's actually one of my favorite spells to cast now

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

SnakesandScorpions posted:

I meant the Nordland. It's really dumb that it is required for one of Franz's quest items. So, I'm getting real sweet with them. Hopefully, I can do it in the next couple of turns. Ideally, I want to push into middenland and start my campaign against the vile scum that are vampires (2 spooky for me).

Murdering them also clears that quest stage! Or them being murdered by somebody else. If ever it'd be impossible to clear a quest stage it "fails", which loses you whatever individual reward you could've gotten but still lets you move on to the next stage and get to the final legendary item.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I've tried the new Heblaster in MP. Aside from mowing down armoured infantry, it can also participate in archery duels now while staying somewhat further back.

I cannot beat Orcs or Bretonnia as Empire. Orcs just win every individual fight against my units and overwhelm me, whereas Bretonnians have a really strong mobile air force backed up by huge numbers of peasants.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Can anyone explain to me the lightning strike reinforcement range boost? Is it how close the army with the buff needs to be to reinforce allied armies? Is it how close allied armies need to be in order to reinforce the army with the buff? Does it make the army's red circle thing bigger? I legitimately can't tell.

Just for clarity, I'm aware of the lightning strike checkbox and I'm aware that lightning strike forbids reinforcements from both sides. I'm referring specifically to levels 2 and 3 of lightning strike.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Can anyone explain to me the lightning strike reinforcement range boost? Is it how close the army with the buff needs to be to reinforce allied armies? Is it how close allied armies need to be in order to reinforce the army with the buff? Does it make the army's red circle thing bigger? I legitimately can't tell.

Just for clarity, I'm aware of the lightning strike checkbox and I'm aware that lightning strike forbids reinforcements from both sides. I'm referring specifically to levels 2 and 3 of lightning strike.

If you hover the mouse over an army on the campaign map you'll see a little red circle around them, which is their zone of control/reinforcement range. Enemy armies can't enter that area unless they're attacking your army, and any other armies in reinforcement range will join the battle too (including garrisons etc). The upper levels of lightning strike increase the range at which an army can reinforce other armies.

It's a nice buff in theory but I've never taken it, because there are just better things to get and also if you have two armies supporting each other in this way, you'd need the improved reinforcement range on the lords of both armies to get the most out of it.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

beastmen poop piles confirmed

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Mukip posted:

I've tried the new Heblaster in MP. Aside from mowing down armoured infantry, it can also participate in archery duels now while staying somewhat further back.

I cannot beat Orcs or Bretonnia as Empire. Orcs just win every individual fight against my units and overwhelm me, whereas Bretonnians have a really strong mobile air force backed up by huge numbers of peasants.

Got any replays? I may be able to toss in some advice for you there.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

I thought I was nearing the end of my Beastmen grand campaign, having wiped out all the necessary human factions... only to find out that the Dwarfs had grown to 23 settlements and, judging from the first few battles, aren't just gonna poo poo their pants and start running as soon as they see a minotaur. :v:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Dwarves being high leadership and armored everything with great artillery and ranged units is probably going to be rough for Beastmen. Have fun!

What do you guys recommend for army comps with Chaos in the grand campaign? I'm around turn 50 and I've got Kholek, Sigvald and a death wizard leading full stacks, the north is fully subjugated and awakened, and I'm ready to recruit Arachaon in a few more turns. Everyone is running around with big piles of chaos warriors or chosen (and Kholek can recruit like 9 loving units every turn, holy poo poo), but I kind of miss my poison dogs and throwing axes. What are your go to mid-game army comps?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Minotaurs with shields sounds like they'd be good against Dwarfs.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is it just me or is the replenishment upgrades (The Endless Hunt and Fell Rituals) from the techtree bugged?

The base replenishment rate for Hidden Encampment is +10%, signified in a single + Mark on your unit cards when enabled.

If you get both upgrades you should at the very least have +20% replenishment rate when in Encampment mode, giving you two ++ Marks on your unitcard.

In my mod where i changed Chaos Encampment to give 20% Replenishment you can SEE the difference because it DOES give you ++ Replenishment (as opposed to one + with vanilla values), currently ingame im not seeing that happen with Hidden Encampment still only giving 10% or one single + of replenishment.

Its not as big of a deal since Beastmen do get their crazy moon event but its still a bit annoying.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Kainser posted:

Minotaurs with shields sounds like they'd be good against Dwarfs.

Great weapon minotaurs are probably a much better choice vs dwarfs, that AP will be way more usefull then the shields, just vanguard deplay some gors or something to distract or tie up the ranged untis while minotaurs close into melee.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Choyi posted:

Great weapon minotaurs are probably a much better choice vs dwarfs, that AP will be way more usefull then the shields, just vanguard deplay some gors or something to distract or tie up the ranged untis while minotaurs close into melee.

Great weapon minotaurs are bonus vs. large. They're all armour piercing.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Once you have all the -upkeep cost stuff, full stack armies of like 12 Minotaurs, LL, bray shaman and some speargors or something become possible and are hilariously good.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vastakaiun posted:

I thought I was nearing the end of my Beastmen grand campaign, having wiped out all the necessary human factions... only to find out that the Dwarfs had grown to 23 settlements and, judging from the first few battles, aren't just gonna poo poo their pants and start running as soon as they see a minotaur. :v:

You don't need to kill the dorfs for a short win, but I ain't gonna argue if you just want to krump some stunties.

Comedy option: bring a bunch of cygors and out-artillerize the little fuckers.

Edit: which reminds me, has anyone in the grand campaign started with Malagor and successfully unlocked Khazrak? It's not bugged, is it? :saddowns: My beastlord sidekick is doing fine but I think I will need Khaz for the quest fight.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 29, 2016

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I am really sad and generally only play the "good/neutral guys" in games, but Gods teeth the Dwarves have a real arse ache in the campaign sometimes. The fact that even after crumping the bloody spears until they are bits of flesh barely held together with twine they somehow manage to acquire a waagh stack is just so frustrating.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

man the op was right about Demigryphs. I had chaos on the loving run with them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Josef bugman posted:

I am really sad and generally only play the "good/neutral guys" in games, but Gods teeth the Dwarves have a real arse ache in the campaign sometimes. The fact that even after crumping the bloody spears until they are bits of flesh barely held together with twine they somehow manage to acquire a waagh stack is just so frustrating.

The trick with waaghs is to get lightning strike and snipe out the host army. The waagh stack just disappears. Use ambush stance to creep up on them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I've been thinking about the likely addition of Dogs of War that's probably going to happen sooner or later.

From what I've seen so far, if the old TW mercenary system gets introduced, I imagine Dwarves are going to skyrocket in terms of how powerful they are on the strategic map. They'd literally only need to get a single unit of any lovely light cavalry per army to mop up survivors of tactical battles, and they're going to be stackwiping people left and right.

It'd be cool if CA instead introduced mercenary armies. Like, preset stacks led by special characters that can be hired by any faction, but can't be altered or mixed with the factions' units.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

my dad posted:

It'd be cool if CA instead introduced mercenary armies. Like, preset stacks led by special characters that can be hired by any faction, but can't be altered or mixed with the factions' units.

What about a mercenary grand campaign? Roam around the entire map fighting the enemies of whoever will pay you, recruiting unique mercenary troops from wherever you happen to be.

Win condition can be get X amount of gold or renown from winning battles.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

What about a mercenary grand campaign? Roam around the entire map fighting the enemies of whoever will pay you, recruiting unique mercenary troops from wherever you happen to be.

Win condition can be get X amount of gold or renown from winning battles.

Ogre Kingdoms should be this.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

That's what I'd like as well, so you're able to hire on a stack of Dogs as your own WAAAGH army as long as the money's good. But instead of just vanishing when the money runs out the mercenaries just wander off and do their own thing. That's probably something the current systems can handle pretty easily. Different stacks would have different leaders like Golfag's Mercenary Ogres or Voland's Venators and have a stack mostly made up of their iconic unit.

Ideally, the independent stacks of mercenaries should be the Old World's point of friction with the isolationist factions like Lizardmen. If nobody is paying them mercenaries can run back and forth from the New World & Old World finding loot and selling them for cash. So the Lizardmen or Tomb Kings have a beef with YOU because the Amenhotequotl Amulet was last seen in Altdorf and the guys that stole it are on your pay-roll.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Uncle Wemus posted:

man the op was right about Demigryphs. I had chaos on the loving run with them.

Which is even more hilarious when you realize they have already been through a couple rounds of nerfs.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

My brayherd just stabbed me in the back and wiped out my horde, ending my campaign.

I don't even know what the gently caress

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Beastmen are really fun. I can't wait for wood elves.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Beastmen are really fun. I can't wait for wood elves.

Dang, Wood Elves are major assholes. My usual tabletop opponent plays them and we've started playing again recently, my lizards have so many arrows protruding from their bodies now they resemble hosed up porcupines.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Asmodai_00 posted:

My brayherd just stabbed me in the back and wiped out my horde, ending my campaign.

I don't even know what the gently caress

Im really liking that this happens. Something monumentally funny about being annihilated by your own buggy waagh. Hope they fix it quickly though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Angry Lobster posted:

Dang, Wood Elves are major assholes. My usual tabletop opponent plays them and we've started playing again recently, my lizards have so many arrows protruding from their bodies now they resemble hosed up porcupines.

If Wood Elves get archers that are also melee beasts (waywatchers?) I may never play another faction again.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
Can anyone quickly answer a question. Does chaos corruption have any benefit for chaos and beastmen other than reducing the public order of enemies?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Kainser posted:

What will the objective of the Wood Elves be anyway, liberate all the woods?

Murder dwarfs, murder beastmen, be a total dick to Brettonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Gammymajams posted:

Can anyone quickly answer a question. Does chaos corruption have any benefit for chaos and beastmen other than reducing the public order of enemies?

It has no direct benefit for your armies but if it's above 50% then non-chaos factions take attrition damage in it, and if public order hits -100 you get chaos rebellions which can raze settlements for you.

• Locked thread