Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Another mod slot which is limited to cost 3 or less...

Right. Then you can put Engine Upgrade in your first slot. Trust me I'm an expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

snuggling compartment with alt art rape face Dash :gonk:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Somebody paint "FREE CANDY" on a YT-2400.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chemmy posted:

Somebody paint "FREE CANDY" on a YT-2400.

"RARE POKEMON INSIDE!"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Or airbrush a rush cover album

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Or airbrush a rush cover album

Krieger is far too cool to be associated with Dash. (And already is an Old Republic character)

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 29, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

do a daesh rendar with the isil flag theme

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Otisburg posted:

do a daesh rendar with the isil flag theme

Use the smuggling compartment to give him dead man's switch

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

:perfect:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The portrait of Dashien Grey

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Holy poo poo :vince:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

The D.A.S.H. system:

Demonstrate value
Assert dominance
Secure intimacy
Heavy Laser Cannons

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

Ringo Star Get posted:

The D.A.S.H. system:

Demonstrate value
Assert dominance
Secure intimacy
Heavy Laser Cannons
:five:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Ugh, Dengaroo is loving filthy. Zuckuss crew just makes the game really unfun for anything with agility.

I'm dreading Nationals ending up with me just facing 6 Dengaroos in a row. That would be loving hideous.

It's kind of disheartening right now, I always seem to end up a step behind the meta. My current list is really, really solid for the meta at Yavin, and more than capable of taking down triple jumps in their current form, but Vassal is making me feel like I'm not going to see any at all, and making me really want to just run RAMMING SPEED Oicunn and Conners Deathrain for the purposes of 'gently caress you I don't need agility'.

But that list is terrible, and I've been practiciing my curent one :(

Ignore me I'm just whining.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone have any decent Triple Awesome Wing lists? I'm looking for alternatives to try out.

I flew this against a weird Palp Aces list twice this past week and ate poo poo both games:

quote:

Tycho Celchu (26)
-Push The Limit (3)
-Proton Rockets (3)
-Stealth Device (3)
-A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
-Veteran Instincts (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
-Push The Limit (3)
-Proton Rockets (3)
-Stealth Device (3)
-A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
-Veteran Instincts (1)

Gemmer Sojan (22)
-Proton Rockets (3)
-Guidance Chips (0)
-A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
-Push The Limit (3)

98/100p

My rolls were pretty awful when I had opportunities to launch my prockets and I'm finding the lack of barrel roll (other than on Jake) to be really detrimental in my ability to avoid fire from the Imp Aces accompanying Palpatine.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Trip X? Wedge Wes Biggs is pretty much the pinnacle of that atm.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

spaceinvader Whats your current list?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm thinking of brobots again for nationals, I think they do pretty well in any match up, although they don't really stand out in any. I'm leaning towards Hillbots (ptl & Adv sensors) for token tanking Dengaroo & jumpmasters. Soontirs will be a pain but large base boost + evade + focus should be able to weather his attacks well enough.

It's early September, so in case of a Gencon release of wave 9, may consider a Fenngar build.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Token tanking doesn't work nearly as well against Dengaroo as it sounds like it should. Having either Zuckuss there to reroll every good result, or 4-L0M to shut down the tokens entirely, is about the hardest counter there is to them.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

Token tanking doesn't work nearly as well against Dengaroo as it sounds like it should. Having either Zuckuss there to reroll every good result, or 4-L0M to shut down the tokens entirely, is about the hardest counter there is to them.

Zuckuss is reaally good and he's the all star on the party boat, though him and 4-lom together are just vicious.

I like mechanics that poo poo on green dice, just wish rebels had better access(wedge excluded).

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Give rebs an astro or something that adds dice or dice fixing based on stress on the target. :evilbuddy:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Otisburg posted:

Give rebs an astro or something that adds dice or dice fixing based on stress on the target. :evilbuddy:

"When attacking, you may choose a number of defense dice up to the number of stress tokens assigned to the defender. The defender must reroll those dice."

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

Even with dengar using Zuckuss, there's only about a 10% chance of completely blanking out on three dice, so with focus and evade, you'll usually only take 0-1 damage, with a 90% chance of taking zero if Autothrusters is working. Dengar really needs to attack the same bot twice to push damage through which is easily controlled, and with IGC big base boost focus and evade, you have the power to chase down Manaroo.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

"When attacking, you may choose a number of defense dice up to the number of stress tokens assigned to the defender. The defender must reroll those dice."

This is a legit Good Thing, just tweak it to target in arc tho.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

This is a legit Good Thing, just tweak it to target in arc tho.

"When attacking with a primary weapon"?

I don't know of any Rebel ships that have a turret primary and an Astromech slot.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

"When attacking with a primary weapon"?

I don't know of any Rebel ships that have a turret primary and an Astromech slot.

Nah, let rookies use it with torps on a stressbot'd target.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Eh im not really down with making GBS threads on green dice even more. Thats what leads to more things like palpatine. Agil is already overcosted on older ships and it just gets worse the more red dice mod upgrades they make. The hyper accurate vs auto evade (palp, auto thrusters ect) arms race needs to slow down.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

Nah, let rookies use it with torps on a stressbot'd target.

On the other hand, the absolute last thing TLTs need is for Y-wing Hogs to be able to attack three times and force multiple defense rerolls each attack. With Vectored Thrusters so they can actually keep things in arc even with that lovely dial.

Since there are currently zero ships that have an Astromech slot and a missile slot, perhaps "When attacking with a primary or [torpedo] weapon"?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

zVxTeflon posted:

Eh im not really down with making GBS threads on green dice even more. Thats what leads to more things like palpatine. Agil is already overcosted on older ships and it just gets worse the more red dice mod upgrades they make. The hyper accurate vs auto evade (palp, auto thrusters ect) arms race needs to slow down.

Not to mention that having someone roll their green dice and then making them re-roll all their good results kind shits all over the red vs. green interactivity, and doubling down on that would make the game way less fun. Zuckuss is already not fun to play against, and at least Palp has the virtue of only affecting your own rolls.

It creates a negative player experience, is what I'm saying.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Zuckuss combined with ship builds that ignore stress is super unfun to play against, and he's 1 point.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Something available only to Scum is really good and also really cheap.

News at 11.

EDIT: Honestly Scum having not one but two ships that have crew slots and also either don't need to turn around or have a way to turn around that isn't a red maneuver is what makes their crew so much better than points costs indicate. They can ignore stress unlike anything else because they can still do all of their relevant maneuvers with stress.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Strobe posted:

Something available only to Scum is really good and also really cheap.

News at 11.

EDIT: Honestly Scum having not one but two ships that have crew slots and also either don't need to turn around or have a way to turn around that isn't a red maneuver is what makes their crew so much better than points costs indicate. They can ignore stress unlike anything else because they can still do all of their relevant maneuvers with stress.

I could make an argument about Hera crew here, you do realize.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'd have sworn I made my opinion on Hera crew (and her cost, and the Ghost's pricing in general) clear in this thread before, but yes.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Devlan Mud posted:

How is Hera as good as Zuckuss?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

If I could put Zuckuss on a Ghost, lol Hera is getting tossed out the airlock

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Devlan Mud posted:

What's the argument

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Larger ships are more fun to paint weird poo poo on so I continue to support large ships being a core part of the game, no matter which faction. Lambda, JM5k, ghost, 1300, doesn't matter.

Ringo Star Get posted:

The D.A.S.H. system:

Demonstrate value
Assert dominance
Secure intimacy
Heavy Laser Cannons

:yeah:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Finster Dexter posted:

If I could put Zuckuss on a Ghost, lol Hera is getting tossed out the airlock

Hera is super useful on the Ghost because of how many red manoeuvres it has. Hera + Zuckuss on the same ship would be amazing, I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

alg posted:

What's the argument

The idea that scum's advantage is ignoring stress with regards to maneuvering.

• Locked thread