Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bromplicated posted:

I really want to play a fighting game though, but all I have is PC. Is Xrd the best game for that now?

edit: how do you even say Xrd

ex-erd

but wait for a sale or something because revelator pc should be out within 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

bromplicated posted:

I really want to play a fighting game though, but all I have is PC. Is Xrd the best game for that now?

It's pronounced "anime"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bromplicated posted:

eggs hard

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bromplicated posted:

"neko neko desu kawaii"

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
is exard or w/e even a real word

I just thought it was their way to have the third game in the guilty gear X series be listed as such without calling the game guilty gear XXX

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"senpai"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

egg zord

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
hold on, I'm gonna use some anime FG titles in a sentence.

Hey, want to go catch a movie at the drive-thru under night?

okay next one

When fighting the Pain Elemental in Doom 2, be sure to kill it quickly or it can in birth a lot of lost souls and overwhelm you.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

NecroMonster posted:

it's basically kof and street fighter games, no one else is actually interested in producing these games anymore

i mean, outside of japanese dudes making street fighter clones about little girls farting on each other

Haha, surely no one would make a game like that and discretely tell me where to get it that would be ridiculous

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

There was no combo counter for hits.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

man nurse posted:

It's pronounced "anime"

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Anyhow

I agree with anonspore that people need to not freak out about tier lists, especially jumping from game to game.

You likely are at a level where tiers aren't something that will influence you into shut out type situations.

Especially not in xrd or rev.

You'll lose more from a lack of knowledge than tiers.

Also revalator is worth 60 bucks even if you just want to mash and learn about how fighters work.

I'm really loving sad people will all end up just dividing the people playing it up by playing half on pc, half on ps4/ps3.

Also sad that the series gets this really bad rep as the hardest fighter you've even played because of extremely high level stuff from xx and cancels that were hard but eventually became muscle memory as you played.

(when I frc'd two ice spikes in a row, i felt great, also frcing exe beast was good poo poo. #BringBackTestament)

Also +R and ex characters were fun for just how simply stupid everything got. sometimes stupid is fun when you play with friends.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Golem II posted:

There was no combo counter for hits.

why does that matter???

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Booyah- posted:

Capcom Q2 earnings report out, I'm sure they are doing fi--

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/758664683020808192

:eyepop:

Further proof that only about 150 people, and that's being generous, will register for SFV at EVO 2017 compared to about 20,000 for Melee and Melee will be the main event and the only EVO game forever and ever and ever.

Melee is transcendent. Melee is immortal. Melee is.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, NOW is this game good?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

Matchmaking is fixed, and there's more characters/costumes/stages. If it wasn't good before, it won't be now.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I mean painting the game for competitive people ad wise
but then simplifying every system is a pretty mixed messaging.

To be fair guys, I'm going to toss out that in a few years sell in numbers for a lot of companies are likely to go down due to digital sales.

But at the same time sf5 botched release and people outside the fgc had heard about it.

They are super likely to pull a super SF4 / ultimate Marvel situation.

Updates can only helps so much at this point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I acted on this threads recommendation and picked up Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

How do I get good with Light Chao, his tank is cool but I'm not sure if I'm playing him right.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

man nurse posted:

Matchmaking is fixed, and there's more characters/costumes/stages. If it wasn't good before, it won't be now.

but all stages/ characters require you to pay for them and hope you like them.
either money or fight money in fairly high amounts.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do I get good with Light Chao, his tank is cool but I'm not sure if I'm playing him right.

That game has such loving good music.

Such good music.
Those guys should re-do the sf5 ost.

Aside from the brazil, kanzuki estate and airbase stage i didn't like sf5 music.

were the dlc stage songs better?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
After playing Juri for a bit, I started really thinking, thinking about life and things. Like for example, maybe SF2 wasn't really that good of a game. It's just rose colored shades right? I mean it was original and was accepted as best of its class because there was nothing better at the time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golem II posted:

Once fighting games got into combos, I lost interest. SF II and MK 2 were the best fighting games.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

After playing Juri for a bit, I started really thinking, thinking about life and things. Like for example, maybe SF2 wasn't really that good of a game. It's just rose colored shades right? I mean it was original and was accepted as best of its class because there was nothing better at the time.

SFII is bad, but SFII Turbo is loving badass.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sf2 isn't really bad it's just sort of incomplete and very overshadowed by what would come after

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

the chao walker is the fastest of the shooting characters outside of tails when he's using the tornado costume, so take advantage of that to avoid damage. your special moves require less rings than the other characters as well, so don't be afraid to abuse them. the downside of course is that your damage is lower than the others but as long as you aren't getting hit yourself that's not a problem, just take your time.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

bromplicated posted:

As corny as it was, James Chen calling it Cross Road has stuck with me for that.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

why does that matter???

Cause everyone started focusing on that. That's why you have anime fighters, CvsM, if no one cared about combos, fighting games would be better.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What is CvsM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Capcom versus Marvel (?)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Golem II posted:

Cause everyone started focusing on that. That's why you have anime fighters, CvsM, if no one cared about combos, fighting games would be better.

you rule, keep posting

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Divekick is the only pure fighter, no silly combos or health to worry about. Realtalk though divekick is fun as hell and the best way to spend money on a fg.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

Capcom versus Marvel (?)

Is that like SvC Chaos

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

pick a real mode like running or treasure hunting

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dias posted:

I had an easier time transitioning to MKX than I had with KOF. Besides the string system, it has a lot more in common with SF than a fuckin' airdasher, especially in neutral. So ehhhh.

It's an idiotic divise anyway.

I think one of the big things that Bebop was referring to that heavily divides NRS games from "SF style" games or basically any other fighter these days is that they built into the general battle system starting with MK9 and moving forward a property where tons of moves/strings are heavily plus on hit, but if your character returns to a neutral state, the opponent is then able to block no matter what the frame data says their disadvantage should be at. That's something that doesn't happen in basically any other game's battle system/engine that I can think of off the top of my head, and it's one of those properties that you're either ok with or you just hate because it sounds and feels so loving weird.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Also I guess since I spend a lot of my posts in this thread either displaying my unhappiness with this game or questioning why others are satisfied with it, I'll go ahead and mention one thing I do like about it: I like that stun is a much more real and relevant threat in this game, so much so that optimizing combos for stun as opposed to damage is a viable idea for some characters, and deciding whether to v-reversal to reduce stun or save it for v-trigger is an actual decision as opposed to an afterthought.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Booyah- posted:

Capcom Q2 earnings report out, I'm sure they are doing fi--

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/758664683020808192

:eyepop:

LOL NO WAY

Pomp posted:

realtalk all that capcom is going to learn from this is make sure there's plenty of single player content and the next game will have all the same issues, if capcom even still exists by then.

Hopefully they won't.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Fargin Icehole posted:

not even enough content to wipe my rear end with after a big poo poo.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I always thought it was silly that SF4 rewarded people who memorized stun values and stun decay rate because you can't see that information despite being incredibly important

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

LOL NO WAY

Hopefully they won't.

No shut up no 5000 entries at evo no shut up game is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
The casual audience has to be tailored to, by making the casual audience think that the hardcore audience cares about the game.
Wait....