Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

corn in the bible posted:

with ff12 just assume anything at all good is accidental

hell, I agree

FF13 is better, except when the dumb adamantoise/tortoises decide that death no longer wants to work. how the heck do you beat them without death? lol

MrAristocrates posted:

balthier, fuckers

balthier is a noob fucker idiot

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

victrix posted:

Has there been any concrete word on a home port of the new Dissidia?

Not currently. If I had to guess, it'd be long after they boost the character roster - assuming any kind of port at all.

I forgot how cluttered their UI was.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

i am tim! posted:

Square is based in Japan but their whole business model depends on the global market at this point. I'm only speculating here, but it does appear that they started developing games with a global launch in mind and have everything ready for local and foreign markets once the game is in a sellable state. If that's the case, then the reason for these peculiar launch dates probably comes from the differences in legal legwork that needs to be done to start selling the game in different markets.

Again, only speculating here. That's just what I came up with that makes sense to me, so take it for what you will.

Yeah I mean FF15 is launching in English same date as Japan, when typically JRPGs used to come out what like 6-12 months after?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pesky Splinter posted:

Not currently. If I had to guess, it'd be long after they boost the character roster - assuming any kind of port at all.

I forgot how cluttered their UI was.

Looks like it was designed by someone who's only ever worked on mobile games

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Speaking of Dissidia, Kain is in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3zbt5yo8Y

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Meanwhile, with FF15...

I think they're just gonna go with a Broad Trip for this one.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Oh, that poor son of a gun, I can already tell he's going to be at the exact same spot he was on Duodecim's tier list. They barely changed him at all.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Armitage posted:

Strong words from a pile of sentient garbage!!1!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Ashe is still probably my favorite FF main character along with Cloud. The rest of the XII party kinda fall in and out of relevance but Ashe's story is consistent, engaging and has a great climax.

Plus I like her voice-actress but, rally, with the exception of Vaan and Fran, complimenting XII's voice-acting should just be a given.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Armitage posted:

wow rude

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

NikkolasKing posted:

Plus I like her voice-actress but, rally, with the exception of Vaan and Fran, complimenting XII's voice-acting should just be a given.

Whoa now we got Fran haters, what even is this.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

SaviourX posted:

Whoa now we got Fran haters, what even is this.

Seriously! As far as Aussies impersonating Icelanders go, she did a great job.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Been playing a lot of Theatrhythm lately and falling in love with all the final boss themes. FFIII (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvfUjjOISqE) is really good and I had never heard it before. FFV is one of my favorites too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5OLMME9na4. Also just disappointing all the tracks they picked from FF13/13-2/Lightning Returns as all having basically the same motif.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harlock posted:

Been playing a lot of Theatrhythm lately and falling in love with all the final boss themes.

I miss Theatrhythm DLC

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

CeallaSo posted:

Seriously! As far as Aussies impersonating Icelanders go, she did a great job.

I would say Aussies should stick to impersonating Aussies but Vanille's voice-actress already used to get a lot of poo poo for being "fake" as compared to the "real deal" Fang.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Andrast posted:

I miss Theatrhythm DLC

Me too. Was there ever any lip service paid to localization of DQ Theatrhythm or is that just never happening

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

NikkolasKing posted:

I would say Aussies should stick to impersonating Aussies but Vanille's voice-actress already used to get a lot of poo poo for being "fake" as compared to the "real deal" Fang.

That time when Vanille's voice actress streamed herself playing FFXIII for the first time for charity was surreal, because Vanille's voice is her normal voice. Listening to Vanille react to the game (and her own narration) in the real world was just disorienting.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
She also said she didn't mind making all the weird noises during the battle quotes (cause she's making sounds all the time anyway), so people just get a lot wrong about her in general.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

In Training posted:

Me too. Was there ever any lip service paid to localization of DQ Theatrhythm or is that just never happening

I can't imagine a lot of people would be interested in it, especially since even as someone who has played through six of those games I can only remember a handful of tracks from them as the soundtracks tend to be pretty generic for the most part.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but the DQVIII soundtrack alone would be worth it.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Andrast posted:

I miss Theatrhythm DLC

Not an empty quote.

Still waiting on a cheap Japanese New 3DS because my copy of DQ Theaterhythm is taunting me. I wish they'd bring it over digitally.... sigh.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Harlock posted:

Also just disappointing all the tracks they picked from FF13/13-2/Lightning Returns as all having basically the same motif.

Man what, Sunleth Waterscape, Grappa Whitewhood and Dust to Dust are so good. I do wish Will to Fight and Death Game were in but those first 3 are really strong showings on 13's behalf. The city and desert themes from LR are pretty good too.

On the topic of DLC, any Parasite Eve and more Legend of Mana tunes would have been welcome tho. :(

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I hate the hidden requirements behind finding some of the marks in FFXII, like how the Trickster only has a 30% chance of spawning and the Marilith will only appear after 5 minutes. The puzzle solutions are pretty obscure too, like the one in Sochen where you're supposed to walk in a spiral around the waterfalls.

Maybe these kind of things are designed for diehards or maybe they just stink.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

snoremac posted:

The puzzle solutions are pretty obscure too, like the one in Sochen where you're supposed to walk in a spiral around waterfalls.

It's a clock.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm talking about the one below the clock where there are waterfalls blocking pathways. You change the flow of the waterfalls by walking in a spiral through the room's 10 or so exits and this gives you access to a room containing a Koga Blade.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
FFXII was awful due to Vaan's story being that he somehow knew everything that happened to his brother, despite not being there to see any of it. I quit playing after fighting a wall and going on an airship fortress thing so maybe it explained how he knew that his brother didn't die due to the king going back on his word and not brokering a peace deal.

Honestly I didn't even get how anyone knew the bad guy was evil, considering it seemed like he was covering his tracks pretty well and none of the player characters were there to see it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

FFXII was awful due to Vaan's story being that he somehow knew everything that happened to his brother, despite not being there to see any of it. I quit playing after fighting a wall and going on an airship fortress thing so maybe it explained how he knew that his brother didn't die due to the king going back on his word and not brokering a peace deal.

Honestly I didn't even get how anyone knew the bad guy was evil, considering it seemed like he was covering his tracks pretty well and none of the player characters were there to see it.

Vaan's brother didn't die right away and fingered Basch before he died.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You stopped playing a big rpg like 3 hours into it and expected all the answers?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

Vaan's brother didn't die right away and fingered Basch before he died.

Yeah that's where that weird scene near the beginning of Vaan visiting Reks in the hospital or whatever comes from.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

MrAristocrates posted:

Yeah that's where that weird scene near the beginning of Vaan visiting Reks in the hospital or whatever comes from.

That's what that meant? I thought that was just a weird-rear end dream sequence or something.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sordas Volantyr posted:

That's what that meant? I thought that was just a weird-rear end dream sequence or something.

It's not well-explained.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Fran's VA is my favorite and I could listen to her and Balthier talk for hours. For real, if any FF game needed a spin-off anime, it was FF12 with Balthier and Fran's Pirate Adventures.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Yeah, this was explained. Numerous characters made reference to Reks identifying Basch as the one who murdered the king and stabbed him. Like, early on before you quit.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

bloodychill posted:

Fran's VA is my favorite and I could listen to her and Balthier talk for hours. For real, if any FF game needed a spin-off anime, it was FF12 with Balthier and Fran's Pirate Adventures.

I liked a lot of the voice work in ff12, but it all goes to waste cause of the compression.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
actually it goes to waste because they are reading the script of ff12

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got a good feeling

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Linnaeus posted:

I liked a lot of the voice work in ff12, but it all goes to waste cause of the compression.

Ultimecia's plan finally came to fruitiion.

Too bad it was in the wrong universe.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
compressed boredom into one little neat package that is called ff12

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
In lieu of yet another Hot Take on the ranking of FF games I give you

babby shiva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZa7VpIZE9E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is this a phone game