Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

In Training posted:

SFII is bad, but SFII Turbo is loving badass.

Well, what I was getting at more is how bad Juri is. I mean, it's really astounding. At a glance, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, here is a fan-favorite fan-anticipated character that's even more underwhelming than Alex. There really is no end to the black hole that is SFV. I think after a year of playing I will be genuinely convinced that no Street Fighter game was ever good and every other fighting game was superior to every Street Fighter game in every way all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

juri will be good in tekken x street fighter, a game which will be developed and released at some point in my lifetime, by a much better team than capcom and dimps

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that bullsh-

*checks steamspy*

:holymoley:

It didn't even get an Evo bump!

for reference: http://steamspy.com/app/310950

Great news. Maybe it'll start burning in Capcom's rear end and they'll be forced to do something constructive to fix their game.

NecroMonster posted:

i just want a traditional fighting game to do better than sf cause capcom is poo poo

I really want SF to be a great fighting game but it seems like Capcom doesn't agree with me.

Pomp posted:

realtalk all that capcom is going to learn from this is make sure there's plenty of single player content and the next game will have all the same issues, if capcom even still exists by then.

That was my first thought as well. Though maybe the Story Mode flop will give them a hint at least?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 30, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Great news. Maybe it'll start burning in Capcom's rear end and they'll be forced to do something constructive to fix their game.

its not fixable

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Booyah- posted:

its not fixable

Well, true but it's possible to make it reasonably playable.
They can start by fixing the 8 frames, hiring someone competent to make the netcode and then doing something about those retarded hitboxes. In that order.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Well, true but it's possible to make it reasonably playable.
They can start by fixing the 8 frames, hiring someone competent to make the netcode and then doing something about those retarded hitboxes. In that order.

There is no way all three of those things will ever happen

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Booyah- posted:

There is no way all three of those things will ever happen

Knowing Capcom they probably won't. They'll probably try "fixing" SFV with more story mode poo poo and then wonder why nobody likes the game.

But there's always a chance for a miracle.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

This is what happens when people pretended SF4 was good, they thought it was actually good and so made an even worse game because it was what the people were clamouring for, with SFxT they thought they hit maximum bad but the community rejected its legit rear end gameplay so they had to try again, be worser, be badder, be the shittest, this is the capcom route to success

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Is that legit "rear end gameplay" or "legit rear end" gameplay help me out

Is brian on SFxT 'defence' force I thought all those guys gave up

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

it's 2 legit

2 legit 2 quit

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

brian posted:

it's 2 legit

2 legit 2 quit

i found brian

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Is that legit "rear end gameplay" or "legit rear end" gameplay help me out

Is brian on SFxT 'defence' force I thought all those guys gave up

I mean the gems were truly outrageous,

truly truly truly outrageous

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

I mean the gems were truly outrageous,

truly truly truly outrageous

Gems were such a good mechanic that Netherrealm are stealing it for Injustice 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apple posted:

I always thought it was silly that SF4 rewarded people who memorized stun values and stun decay rate because you can't see that information despite being incredibly important

Yeah, putting the stun meter in the game was a necessity. It was so weird watching SFIV and commentators being like "I think this next hit will stun. Ok the next mixup though, for sure"

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Dear capcom

Please just make capcom vs snk 3 plz.

Thank you.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Philosopher King posted:

Dear capcom

Please just make capcom vs snk 3 plz.

Thank you.

Why the gently caress would you want them to make it instead of SNK?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Gems were such a good mechanic that Netherrealm are stealing it for Injustice 2.

NetherRealm just sits on the end of the Fighting Games Ideas Human-Centipide.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

Why the gently caress would you want them to make it instead of SNK?

snk

the one by capcom

the second is the one people actually like to play.

it also gave us the best chun li and morrigan character portrait art

Thats the best facial expression.

I liked the capcom side art in general though

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 30, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the well over a decade since that has shifted the expectations somewhat

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

It oddly worked out for marvel.

Well the second time, what literally 6 months after mvc3.

Another game capcom rushed out, likely for the same reasons.
They really shouldn't see evo has a sales goal. Having the game available after is actually more appealing.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It absolutely did not work out for marvel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SVC chaos was barely made by SNK as they were in the process of declaring bankruptcy, I wouldn't trust dimps with CVS3

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Everyone should be getting ready for the real Street game to overtake EVO 2017, Streets of Fury EX

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

SectumSempra posted:

snk

the one by capcom

the second is the one people actually like to play.

Did you actually know that many of the people who made the first are with Dimps/Capcom now and the main director of the second is actually with SNK now???

It's almost as if 15 years is a very long time and companies can change a lot during that period...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Just chiming in to say that $4 a pop for every costume is horseshit, and when you're charging full price for a game yes having additional bells and whistles provided in the package unrelated to the core gameplay DOES matter.

I mean every other fighting game does this so it shouldn't need to be said but goddamn.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

cloofish posted:

Just chiming in to say that $4 a pop for every costume is horseshit, and when you're charging full price for a game yes having additional bells and whistles provided in the package unrelated to the core gameplay DOES matter.

I mean every other fighting game does this so it shouldn't need to be said but goddamn.

no you don't understand, in a multiplayer game, YOU are the additional content, and you should be glad to only have to pay 60 bucks for basic entry into an unlimited playspace!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Everyone should be getting ready for the real Street game to overtake EVO 2017, Streets of Fury EX

hmmm.....

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

no you don't understand, in a multiplayer game, YOU are the additional content, and you should be glad to only have to pay 60 bucks for basic entry into an unlimited playspace!

You can have UNLIMITED amounts of poo poo. You create poo poo from the poo poo you buy and spread that poo poo with other shitmakers.
It's a perpetual poo poo-making machine with only 60 dollar fee, so you better buy some more poo poo.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

Did you actually know that many of the people who made the first are with Dimps/Capcom now and the main director of the second is actually with SNK now???

It's almost as if 15 years is a very long time and companies can change a lot during that period...

Well that's good to hear.

I mean companies totally can change, and so can ideas, genres, technology, budgets, interest and the types of games that companies make to try to appeal to broad audiences.
:shrug:

if we take modern day snk and modern day capcom it's probably just be ultras and hd combos.

I mean they'd probably not even have color edit anymore either :(

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Street Fighter V: :shrug:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
The Capcom-developed CvS3 will have Blanka's model from SFIV and Khushnood Butt's sprite from Garou: Mark of the Wolves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The real dream would be SNK vs ASW

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Does anyone who actually plays this game if the servers are down right now? Got kicked off in training mode and can't log back in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

cloofish posted:

Just install Overwatch character mods! I did :haw:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

nickmeister posted:

Does anyone who actually plays this game if the servers are down right now? Got kicked off in training mode and can't log back in.

They are, I got booted out in the middle of a match I was winning and also can't log in.

edit: they're up

guppy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 30, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/HellPockets/status/759468716270555136

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teagone posted:

Just install Overwatch character mods! I did :haw:

That's a weird way to say "Just play Overwatch instead."

Look what you've done, Capcom.