Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://omek90.tumblr.com/post/148286562707/by-onk-onuko521

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really like it when artists remember to put in Killer Queen's menacing :3: cat face

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

Is it weird that we root for Kira, a bad hand man, more than Anasui? That feels weird!

Don't feel bad about it. Kiras a well written character. I've noticed a LOT of people on here and the StardustCrusaders subreddit, and just on the internet in general, who always seem to feel the need to qualify thier appreciation of a character like Kira.

Nobody is going to think youre a mass murderer because you can emphasize with Kira. Depictions of something doesnt mean you endorse that thing by liking the depiction.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, there are thousands of people on Tumblr that want to jump Hannibal Lector's bones.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'd gently caress David Bowie when he was dressed as a Nazi too, doesn't make me a white supremacist.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, there are thousands of people on Tumblr that want to jump Hannibal Lector's bones.

i think people wanting to gently caress serial killers is a decades-old phenomenon, even

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think people wanting to gently caress serial killers is a decades-old phenomenon, even

It is! A lot of them receive fanmail in prison.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

Mrs. Kawajiri certainly felt that way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Johnny Joestar posted:

ayn rand definitely wanted to

diver down is one of better stands imo

its real weird that pucci's hair connects to his eyebrows

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ayn Rand WOULD want to do that.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Meme Emulator posted:

Don't feel bad about it. Kiras a well written character. I've noticed a LOT of people on here and the StardustCrusaders subreddit, and just on the internet in general, who always seem to feel the need to qualify thier appreciation of a character like Kira.

Nobody is going to think youre a mass murderer because you can emphasize with Kira. Depictions of something doesnt mean you endorse that thing by liking the depiction.

I really do enjoy the fact that Araki can write engaging villains that are likeable without making them sympathetic. Mmmmost of the time, I mean, Valentine would have been absolutely perfect if Araki didn't feel the need to make him come across as skeezy wtr Lucy, and Dio gets into the audience's good graces on entertainment value alone (whether it's the ROADO ROLLER DA or if you're like me and revel in how childish he is and the logical leaps his mind takes), but Kira really does a good job of striking that balance. He's entertaining and relateable despite being an Actual Serial Killer, and Araki's really interested in the whole serial killer thing too, so that's gonna leak out and effect how he's written.

Plus, it's inherently funny that he really just does want a quiet life...and is a serial killer. Like how Morioh is this small sleepy town and oh by the way is filled with Stand users, who are by definition the least mundane people ever.

Waffleman_ posted:

Ayn Rand WOULD want to do that.

This answers so many questions. :stare:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BaDandy posted:

I really do enjoy the fact that Araki can write engaging villains that are likeable without making them sympathetic. Mmmmost of the time, I mean, Valentine would have been absolutely perfect if Araki didn't feel the need to make him come across as skeezy wtr Lucy,

She just needed to be made as Docile as a Winter Catfish.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
You post that, but you don't post this?!

http://omek90.tumblr.com/post/148286526577/by-onk-onuko521

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Damo Tamaki ain't dead.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jose posted:

its real weird that pucci's hair connects to his eyebrows

It's weirder because his hair is like..what is going on with it

Like, that is a thing, that's kinda strange but ok, it's just the weird eyebrows stuff

but then what is happening here

Star forehead and pieces shaved on his scalp and ponytails and hair growing on his face in places it shouldn't be like what

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, that is a thing, that's kinda strange but ok, it's just the weird eyebrows stuff

Star forehead and pieces shaved on his scalp and ponytails and hair growing on his face in places it shouldn't be like what

His hair goes down the back of His neck out of His collar. What's hard to get about that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That poo poo-eating grin

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pucci is a great boy, please do not bully.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
But how well can Pucci shotgun a beer?

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Pucci only drinks wine/the blood of Christ, like a good Catholic boy

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
How well can Pucci shotgun a wine bottle

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

standard owl posted:

Pucci only drinks wine/the blood of Christ, like a good Catholic boy

a good kkk black catholic boy

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

the kkk thing was an accident, please be nice to Pucci, he tried his best

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
everyone accidentally joins the KKK at least once

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He didn't even accidentally join the KKK. He just accidentally hired them. It was an honest mistake.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I forget, the kkk got involved because of miscegenation yeah?

Good job pucci ya blew it, couldn't even finish what you started

At least we got these panels tho

also, seriously, when the hell did pucci wear this hat???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only bad thing about that Pooch figure is that he has his Heaven head, but there's no C-Moon or Made in Heaven figures. The Whitesnake one is extremely good though.

As for the hat, no idea.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
stole it to kars

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

He's a swarthy Italian man so hair growing in places it shouldn't be is normal.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FirstAidKite posted:

They saw a black couple being happy, and we can't have that in Florida.

Also they were filthy papists.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are plenty of happy Black couples in florida. Don't worry though, we're still trying to find ways to deal with them.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

There are plenty of happy Black couples in florida. Don't worry though, we're still trying to find ways to deal with them.
So I've heard.

The George Zimmerman arc of part 6 was pretty lovely IMO, even if his stand 「shot in the dark」was pretty cool

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Who could shotgun a beer faster, Jotaro or Valentine?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Butt Ox posted:

Who could shotgun a beer faster, Jotaro or Valentine?

Jotaro, but only if he uses Star Platinum The World.

"How many brews can you knock back, inside the frozen time?"

sanguinary
Nov 2, 2005

He wore the hat right after leaving the prison, while Whitesnake was still transforming into C-Moon. He's got it on his head when he accidentally super-ages a bunch of eggs and half a baby after catching them with his developing speed powers.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Pucci found out that the guy his little sister started seeing was actually their brother, and was like "well I can't just tell her, it will traumatize her for life" so he hired a guy to break the couple up. The guy turned out to be a secret KKK member (but still accepted the job from Pucci? who is...visibly not white??), and when he did some digging he found that Wes Bluemarine's (adopted) mom used to be married to a black man, so he assumed that Wes was mixed (which I guess, looking at Pucci, his twin brother...is true??), and got mad that Wes was dating a white girl. So instead of Wes having a wacky story about how he had to break up with a girl when he was 16 because some weird old private dick yelled at him, Stone Ocean happened.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Detective Jefferson Jedidiah Lee Stephens Calhoun Beauregard Davis Bubba IV: So, yer a Sicilian?
Pucci: Yes. We are generally darker than most other Italians *bead of sweat falls to floor*
Detective Jefferson Jedidiah Lee Stephens Calhoun Beauregard Davis Bubba IV: Well, bein' a pope-humpin' papist is better 'n bein' a Negro I guess.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT AND ATTRACTIVE WHITE FLORIDA MAN: i was shocked to discover that the twin brother of the black man that hired me was also black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Araki doesn't care about black people