Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

Hahahaha Pro-Fracking Site for Millennials.

http://www.frackfeed.com/

*A Project of North Texans for Natural Gas*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vw1-HJXGY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

nachos posted:

N/A again :rolleyes:

That said, Clinton wins 18-34 so this could have been an even bigger lead

Oh... oh that's a loving disaster if it's not an outlier.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

BTW, what is the deal with New Hampshire going red this go around?
Free state project finally getting legs?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it's not.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It probably isn't.
But it's white people.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I can already tell I'm gonna need to climb off the polling roller coaster or my sanity is not going to make it November intact.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Drumpf is so loving determined to lose women and minorities it's incredible. Jury's still out if he's as out of touch as the Romneys, though.

Moreso. Mitt was in touch with women enough to know you don't say poo poo like that, because broads get in a tizzy when you do. Also, he had binders full of women!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I can already tell I'm gonna need to climb off the polling roller coaster or my sanity is not going to make it November intact.

Its one of those where reasonably and historically you know Trump had a convention bounce but even then there is that little terror of "what if its not??"

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Trump is so loving determined to lose women and minorities it's incredible. Jury's still out if he's as out of touch as the Romneys, though.

Seems like Romney isn't out of touch when it comes to Trump: http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004249503/mitt-romneys-full-speech-against-donald-trump.html

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Also, he had binders full of women!

I forgot about this.

How did I manage to forget about this.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Also, he had binders full of women!

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Man, Warren Buffet sounds rough

Dude should take a sitdown

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Or maybe he was a banker who in 2008 hadn't had his brain entirely eaten by financial sector brainslugs and was still a liberal scum idealist, one of the two, can't recall.

I recall he was in the financial sector and got swept with the socially liberal Obama then once he was elected the modest reforms that got pushed was GOING TOO FAR. He was pretty much the perfect example of "socially liberal but financially conservative."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dirt posted:

Sexually harassed at work? Just go find a new job!

This election is insane.

Dear Hilary, please bring this up in a debate with Trump. Quote it right at him, give the exact date of the interview, and then say that everyone can watch it on your website or on Youtube. Do it. Please.

What happens if/when Ivanka's caught saying she's voting for Clinton, or at least not voting for her stalker?

I'm glad I'm healthy because I'm not sure my heart could take this election otherwise.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
FYI Butch Otter's excuse for failing a sobriety test included his boots/jeans were too tight and he puts Jack in his chew for flavor.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

New Hampshire is fundamentally a garbage state full of horrible people and a few baby sized mountains.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Man that binders thing seems so silly and innocent compared to what Trump now says every day. Remember when a politician's single comment would dominate the news cycle for weeks on end? Dean's scream, etc. The media can't even keep up with crazy poo poo Trump says anymore.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Butch Otter is a real person, not a Kids in the Hall character?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

He's a governor! :eng101:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dick Trauma posted:

Yeah he spoke at my high school when he was a senator.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I am amazed Donald Trump is keeping the feud with the Khans alive.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN10C2GO

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

"Moooom, they're bullying me!" "What? Donald, why would they bully you?" "I just sa~aid that they're horrible traitors!" "... well, Donald, honey, you shouldn't speak that way abou..." "But MOOOOOOOOM!"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Well, yeah. He's being called out for it by a lot of people and can't stifle his ego long enough to give any kind of apology like a big boy politician. Especially since he relies so heavily on his base hating all Muslims.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
drat

https://twitter.com/Brand_Allen/status/760241593869828098

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I have never felt schadenfreude quite this strong before

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, Donald Trump sent a letter to GOP senators asking for help in attacking the parents of a war hero

We don't even live in reality anymore

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Holy poo poo

If that's women overall then it's game over, everything else is just icing

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Thank you Trump for torpedoing your campaign in the most effective way I could have imagined.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Companion article: ‘Have You No Sense of Decency, Mr. Trump?’ Why the GOP nominee’s criticism of a Gold Star family could be a McCarthy-like turning point

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Are there examples of any presidential candidate talking about a private citizen who spoke against them at a convention at all? Can you imagine Obama talking about Joe he Plumber or Bush talking about Cindy Sheehan on the campaign trail?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah the Khans can just back out now. Trump is Centralia, all the Khans did was light a match.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

sarmhan posted:

Thank you Trump for torpedoing your campaign in the most effective way I could have imagined.

‘This Will Be The End Of Trump’s Campaign,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year

This article is from December.

I won't believe it's over until Hillary swears in.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Some people have been taking this quote to mean that Trump is going to call for violence when he loses, but I feel like they're forgetting something very important about Trump. Trump's public persona and everything that he does is centered around being A Winner(tm), or at the very least not a Loser. It's a central part of his campaign, from talking about how America is going to be winning all the time when he's president (so much winning! You'll be sick of winning!), to feverishly jumping on every poll that shows him ahead so he can brag about how much he's going to win the election by. When he started getting attention and support during the primaries, he brushed off all criticism of his statements by pointing to the fact that he was winning, and he used the fact that he was already winning as a reason why people should vote for him. If there's anything that is actually important to Trump, it's this perception of him being A Winner, and with Clinton in the lead, that perception is seriously under threat in a very public way.

I imagine that we're going to be seeing a lot more predictions from Trump about how the election is going to be rigged, but not because he's going to use it to call for violence. It's because he desperately wants to create a narrative where even though he loses the election, he's not a Loser. He's still totally a Winner guys, and he totally would have won that election if it was fair. Many people were predicting during the primaries that Trump didn't want to be president, and that he was going to simply ride his campaign to the point where he could gracefully exit while still somehow maintaining the idea that he "won." I think that's what we're seeing here too: if he successfully creates this narrative, he'll get to leave the campaign on November 9th flush with attention, claim he totally would have won, and then not have to actually be president.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I mean, I deal with my kids burning down the world around them so they can rule the ashes but this is ridiculous. He's the literal embodiment of the gambler's fallacy. "People have been mad about me attacking a Gold Star family, but if I keep doing it it's bound to pay off."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They really just need to republish that article weekly with the numbers increased.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't fully anticipate how badly Khan speaking at the DNC would screw Trump but I should have. It's been nonstop own-goals since then.

Also who decided that "gold star parents" was a thing to call people like him? Has that term been in use a lot longer than the "you get a gold star lol" sarcastic meaning I grew up with?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I hope it was an actual physical letter just so Clinton can hold up a copy at a debate

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I'm probably going to travel to a swing state to do GOTV for Clinton. Is there a city where really good turnout flips both a senate seat and a house seat?

I went to Ohio (Cincinnati & Middletown) in 2004 and Las Cruces, NM in 2008. I'd rather not go to Florida. Where should I go?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

My mind automatically read the initials DJT as DJ Tanner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't fully anticipate how badly Khan speaking at the DNC would screw Trump but I should have. It's been nonstop own-goals since then.

Also who decided that "gold star parents" was a thing to call people like him? Has that term been in use a lot longer than the "you get a gold star lol" sarcastic meaning I grew up with?
Yea it started back in WW1 as a flag families of service members could fly. Gold star means died in service.

• Locked thread