Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
At least those prophecies generate fodder for the 5-for-1 prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009
If there's currently room, can I get an invite into the guild, ign: CytocArrowShooter

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cytoc posted:

If there's currently room, can I get an invite into the guild, ign: CytocArrowShooter

Sent

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

cytoc posted:

Oh, so you and the Cytoc that I met through Akbal are one and the same. I know we used to play Civ5 on the oceania steam group, were you in that as well? I'm Harry Balzac btw.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Thank you!

Phobophilia posted:

Oh, so you and the Cytoc that I met through Akbal are one and the same. I know we used to play Civ5 on the oceania steam group, were you in that as well? I'm Harry Balzac btw.

That would be me. I'm now in the UK, so my ping back to the AU servers is pretty atrocious and most of the people I used to play with rarely boot POE up. I never played Civ 5 though.

I also think I have a friend invite from you mixed in with all of the invites that remain from when I left a 0 off of the price a windripper I put up for sale a few leagues ago.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Vasudus posted:

Monsters deal triple damage, monsters are three times as slow

Monsters penetrate x% of a random elemental resistance

Monsters do additional chaos damage

You have greatly reduced light radius

Take additional damage based on your reserved mana

Monster attacks burn mana

Skills and abilities cost x% more

You can only have 50% reserved life or mana

monsters are immune to a random damage type (phys, elemental, or chaos)

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

gonadic io posted:

monsters are immune to a random damage type (phys, elemental, or chaos)

Restoring the original D2 experience at last!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Built an Oro's Flickerstrike Raider this weekend, levelling from 40 with a Cauterizer was cruising, and once I hit 68 the thing just goes straight for the stratosphere

kinda wonder if they'll nerf it or just don't bother since you can't farm uberlab and atziri with it

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Can I also get an invite to the guild? IGN CocVerDischargesson.

I have some league challenges to give away (the unique strongbox from Plaguemaw IV counts for the unique strongbox challenge, right?), and I'd rather give them to goons than global 820 pubbies.

vvv: Aww drat. Then all I gotta offer are some crappy unid maps.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 31, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

facepalmolive posted:

(the unique strongbox from Plaguemaw IV counts for the unique strongbox challenge, right?)

No

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
lol the poe reddit is losing their poo poo over the russia garena integration, reds under the bed are gonna scam ya!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

The Real Foogla posted:

Built an Oro's Flickerstrike Raider this weekend, levelling from 40 with a Cauterizer was cruising, and once I hit 68 the thing just goes straight for the stratosphere

kinda wonder if they'll nerf it or just don't bother since you can't farm uberlab and atziri with it

Yeah, flickerstrike has always been kinda dumb. But I don't really view it as an overpowered build or anything. I really enjoyed my oroflicker last league.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is there a go-to hardcore Bladefall trapper/miner guide?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lungboy posted:

Is there a go-to hardcore Bladefall trapper/miner guide?

*spits*

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

I'm sick of dying, want something flavour-of-the-month-insane-OP.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If you want to not-die, the pick Juggernaut, who laughs at physical damage.

(enormous EHP pools from CI characters are better at dealing with elemental damage though)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Phobophilia posted:

If you want to not-die, the pick Juggernaut, who laughs at physical damage.

(enormous EHP pools from CI characters are better at dealing with elemental damage though)

I had a 77 EQ Jugger, got destroyed by Izaro :(

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well, with the Juggernaut Endurance Charge ascendancy notable, you can effectively keep up infinite duration immortal calls, which is handy against Izaro and Argus. Soft-botch it and you're still in a pretty good position, as you'd still have 8 endurance charges just sitting there.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My Arc Witch is definitely feeling rather squishy. Plaza is still a forbidden zone and I haven't dared to try Uber lab or any of the really tough endgame stuff yet. It's actually kind of annoying because I feel like I'm doing plenty of damage for any part of end-game, even with quite a bit of sub-par gear/jewels where I could squeeze out more, while it's a tough time improving my survivability. I'm not sure if I'll play the next league, but if I do it's gonna be something a lot tankier.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Another shout out to Decoy Totem for dealing with Izaro, Argus and really any boss. Works with any build, does need a hefty amount of strength but it's so so worth it. Works well even by itself.

You put the totem down right before the boss goes active, the boss attacks you once (just run around), the boss will then stick to the totem after the first attack, then you get roughly 4-6 seconds of time to beat the gently caress out of them without having to worry much. With Izaro, the only thing that goes after you is the Goddess of Justice's annoying-as-gently caress mortar attack.

Your totem dies, then you summon another one and repeat.

A level 16 Decoy Totem can survive TWO swings from a 2h mace uber Izaro with a bunch of bullshit abilities up. Argus is a joke most of the time but when he frenzies he can destroy the totem lightning fast.

Blind attached to your golem is also a cool thing. Between decoy and blind, I had a single totem (with no links) last all of P3 uber izaro when he had essences up.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Phobophilia posted:

Well, with the Juggernaut Endurance Charge ascendancy notable, you can effectively keep up infinite duration immortal calls, which is handy against Izaro and Argus. Soft-botch it and you're still in a pretty good position, as you'd still have 8 endurance charges just sitting there.

I tanked Argus with no issues at all, but I'm really unfamiliar with the Labyrinth in general as I only get to play rarely, and didn't have a clue what charge disruptors and conduits did.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Those two are probably the worst ones to deal with. If you're looking for easy, Portals and Lieutenants is the way to go.

vvv I think he's more worried about surviving the Lab than getting keys at this point.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 1, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whypick1 posted:

Those two are probably the worst ones to deal with. If you're looking for easy, Portals and Lieutenants is the way to go.
Even if the drat Lieutenants have an annoying as hell tendency to run straight into your damage and die :argh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Thing that I've learned when dealing with uber Izaro with lots of really low health characters is that he's comically slow. Except when he has full charges from the disruptors, then he's just a colossal rear end in a top hat.

He'll make grand, well telegraphed attacks and take a bit to recover from. He'll charge and have to recover. He'll leap slam and have to recover.

The main thing that's really loving annoying is the mortar attack and the groundgrabby thing that snares you. And the wave strike attack he does when he's sword/shield.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lungboy posted:

I'm sick of dying, want something flavour-of-the-month-insane-OP.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633639

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Does the Witch have better ascendancy skills than the Shadow for traps then?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Lungboy posted:

They're running occultist for the tri-curse. If you don't wanna use 3 curses than Shadow's are gonna be better.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Occultist energy shield recharge is also super powerful from a defensive perspective.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was talking about this in-game last night, but nobody knew the answer although a couple tried to help (thanks, funmanguy et al), so I thought I'd ask in here too:

I was getting a weird bug yesterday, where, at random, I'd use a skill and it would happen 3 times. I was using EK and Fire Trap, and it happened with both skills, and it didn't matter if I put them on keyboard or mouse. It was incredibly annoying. I'm only lvl11 so it's no fancy piece of kit doing it, no spell echo or anything like that. I'm also experiencing bad lag spikes, so could it be the lag causing this? There didn't seem to be any correlation between the occurrences of the skill bug and the spikes from what I could see. Has anyone else encountered this, as it's a new one on me?

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 2, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Lungboy posted:

Occultist lets you go for CI to have an insane ehp pool for safety, three curses, which are amazing for offense and defense, and extra chaos damage for blade all poison Dots. If you want an easier build up, shadow sab is very good. You can even go assassin for a bit less survivability, harder play style, and like 5 times more damage. I've done Uber lab/atziri with both shadow builds, so I feel comfortable saying they're very good. And the CI bladefall miner build is what most dedicated Uber atziri farmers run.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vasudus posted:

Another shout out to Decoy Totem for dealing with Izaro, Argus and really any boss. Works with any build, does need a hefty amount of strength but it's so so worth it. Works well even by itself.

You put the totem down right before the boss goes active, the boss attacks you once (just run around), the boss will then stick to the totem after the first attack, then you get roughly 4-6 seconds of time to beat the gently caress out of them without having to worry much. With Izaro, the only thing that goes after you is the Goddess of Justice's annoying-as-gently caress mortar attack.

Your totem dies, then you summon another one and repeat.

A level 16 Decoy Totem can survive TWO swings from a 2h mace uber Izaro with a bunch of bullshit abilities up. Argus is a joke most of the time but when he frenzies he can destroy the totem lightning fast.

Blind attached to your golem is also a cool thing. Between decoy and blind, I had a single totem (with no links) last all of P3 uber izaro when he had essences up.

Decoy Totem is also really, really great paired with Searing Bond. Once SB hits level 4, it gets a little DOT AOE around everything the beam links to, which includes your character and Decoy Totem. So a lot of melee mobs will just run up to the Decoy Totem and fry. You can just run through the rest because everything is focused on the Decoy. Since you don't need ancestral bond, you can proc Elemental Equilibrium with selfcast GMP ball lightning. That Chieftain node that gives totem fire reflect damage doesn't proc EE, so you're free to use that for extra damage.

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010
I haven't played PoE since approx December 2014 and have the itch to come back soon. I used to play every day and was an officer in the guild but have probably been purged since then. Are pok, pbk, dbk, Hauki, SkyBlazer etc. still around? And do we still have a lot of active players?

From what I understood, the new 3 month leagues are starting sometime in September. I quickly looked around Reddit and Poe.xyz and the game seems to have massively changed: wtf are jewels and Divination cards, how much new content was added? Have desynch issues improved? There seems to be some sort of class specification now? (slayer, juggernaut, berserker, etc..)

I'll read up in the upcoming weeks, but basically can someone give me a recap of what has majorly changed in the last 18-ish months?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Biggest change: Ascensions/Labyrinth. Further specializations for each class (3 each, for Scion she gets to pick 2 "mini" versions of these from 2 different classes). Need to complete trials (obstacle courses) once poet difficulty per league to unlock the Labyrinth. Beating it unlocks 2 Ascension points. End-game trials are found in maps and each on drops the map you need to run Uber Lab.

Desync: new networking mode Lockstep. Server verifies each action before client performs it, eliminating rubberbanding, but requires a fairly low ping otherwise everything is laggy.

Jewels: passive tree now has sockets. Allocate socket, drop in jewel, get stats. Some unique jewels have a radius, which is either transformative (all Dex in radius becomes Int) or conditional (with 50 Dex in radius Barrage fires extra projectiles at beginning and end).

Divination cards: poo poo you don't have to worry about because good ones will never drop for you.

Goons: most of those dudes still play. Blazer only shows up to renamed the gstash at the start of league though.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 2, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

MacDeuce posted:

I haven't played PoE since approx December 2014 and have the itch to come back soon. I used to play every day and was an officer in the guild but have probably been purged since then. Are pok, pbk, dbk, Hauki, SkyBlazer etc. still around? And do we still have a lot of active players?

From what I understood, the new 3 month leagues are starting sometime in September. I quickly looked around Reddit and Poe.xyz and the game seems to have massively changed: wtf are jewels and Divination cards, how much new content was added? Have desynch issues improved? There seems to be some sort of class specification now? (slayer, juggernaut, berserker, etc..)

I'll read up in the upcoming weeks, but basically can someone give me a recap of what has majorly changed in the last 18-ish months?

There's a whole new act, and a ton of new end-game content in general. Jewels are items that can be slotted into certain nodes on the passive tree and are generally as good or even better than the notable nodes. Divination cards are item drops that are essentially a fraction of an item- so for example 8? 'Rain of Chaos' cards can be turned into a vendor for a single chaos orb. Desync is largely dead, there is now a lockstep mode that prevents desync from happening entirely and will give you no issue as long as your ping is good. Class specialization was added in the form of Ascendancy classes which you get by completing a special area called the Labryinth which has a ton of traps instead of the normal type of challenge from monsters. Each class has three possible Ascendancies (except scion) and you get 2 points per difficulty plus an extra 2 points in maps from completing the Labryinth to spend on abilities of your Ascendancy class.
Poison/chaos damage was added to the tree and it is Real.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

New patch with some (possible) performance improvements

quote:

Fixed a bug where killing Bameth, Shifting Darkness would not count for the "From the Void" prophecy if spawned by the "Beyond Sight IV" prophecy.

Wonder how many people that pissed off

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Beyond Sight is the prophecy that the few people who have done it each used a few thousand coins to get it.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
for the Beyond league unique rather than Bameth specifically, surely? Bameth is not hard to find

also, I didn't realize that Kintsugi was Prophecy-specific... I'm going to miss it in the future, it's a great alternative to Lightning Coil

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Except that the prophecies are extremely likely to appear in the base game. Exactly how that works with the league specific uniques I'm not sure though

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
They could just disable/add new prophecies to remove/add new uniques on a per-league basis, so it could really go either way. They can even port prophecies as-is to the base game without needing to tone things down or anything, since players can just opt not to participate if they so wish. It's not like they spawn Beyond or Bloodline packs that players are forced to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I finally got Catarina to 8 on proph. After the leagues merge I'll have all masters level 8(gently caress leo). Went from 250k/950k and it took about 20 missions using both A Gracious Master and A Master Seeks Help together. Its a pretty good league for finally leveling masters.

• Locked thread