Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:lol: Nicely done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

If I'm not mistaken Democratic Congressional and Senate candidates have been receiving the majority of votes since at least 2008 and it hasn't caused any movement yet, so I don't think anything's going to happen until at least the redistricting in 2020.

Yeah but it takes time for cases to move through the courts, they just took on a gerrymandering case for the next session: http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/06/virginia-redistricting-supreme-court-223946

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All these statements attacking veterans, firefighters, and babies are all part of Trump's master plan. You'll see, he's just playing 4D underwater backgammon

gregday
May 23, 2003

I hope Hillary invites every single new parent to bring their babies to her next rally.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Unfortunately, knowing myself from a mere 2-3 years ago, there's plenty of people voting-age who hate kids and will be glad someone finally said it.

gently caress crying Kids. Don't bring your goddamn crying rear end kid you can't control to places where you can interrupt someone else.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

FilthyImp posted:

My wish is that Trump insults a child this cycle. I don't care how, I just want him to do it.

Well that was prescient.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Dexo posted:

gently caress crying Kids. Don't bring your goddamn crying rear end kid you can't control to places where you can interrupt someone else.

gently caress yeah, Trump/Pence 2016

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Trumps appeal to the InCel and VolCel crowds is going through the roof. Preserve your life essence, folks.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Reason posted:

Just because something is the highest of US history doesn't make it 'good'. Much like if I find the tastiest looking pile of poo poo to eat, I'm still eating poo poo. Your demographic of 'eligible electorate' is essentially at its core a racist demographic because it excludes a large number of people who are felons. Since the system of law is both responsible for the more visible racism in the US and also responsible for people becoming a felon because those laws are unfairly applied to minorities.
I didn't say it was good - I agree that voter turnout, eligibility and registration are huge problems for the US.

What I said was that throwing out that 9% number is misleading because it's not placing it into context. Americans weren't exceptionally duped or apathetic this year. This is our unfortunate normal level of disenfranchisement.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

God bless those breeders bringing their special brand of sonic warfare bleat out the orange racist.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Pakled posted:

All these statements attacking veterans, firefighters, and babies are all part of Trump's master plan. You'll see, he's just playing 4D underwater backgammon

What group hasn't Trump attacked? Old white people?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

gently caress yeah, Trump/Pence 2016

Is a ban on crying rear end kids on the Republican platform?

If so I might just vote Trump/Pence...

I live in Illinois my vote doesn't matter on the presidential level anyway

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

John McCain is an old white man?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

"I hate that old person smell! Disgusting!"
- Trump, August 3, 2016

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Dexo posted:

I remember feeling like this before I became a dad. It's ok my friend, babies are wonderful even when they cry sometimes.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Well that was prescient.

Ooh let me try.

*clears throat*

I do hope Trump insults children with terminal disease at some point!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is Donald Trump just trying to insult literally every possible group to prove he can win with a severe handicap?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Dexo posted:

Is a ban on crying rear end kids on the Republican platform?

If so I might just vote Trump/Pence...

I live in Illinois my vote doesn't matter on the presidential level anyway

now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure crying rear end kids is the republican platform actually. Clinton/Kaine 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Poor parents should be allowed to go out sometimes too, sorry if you disagree.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
A baby cries during a Kaine rally, he opens up his bag of wonders and withdraws a bottle of warm milk and a clean nappie.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/GretchenCarlson/status/760489011081252866

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

A baby cries during a Kaine rally, he opens up his bag of wonders and withdraws a bottle of warm milk and a clean nappie.
A baby cries during a Kaine rally, he opens up his chest to reveal a thousand undulating teats from which the world's young may feed, slurp slurp slurp.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Poor parents should be allowed to go out sometimes too, sorry if you disagree.

Didn't say they shouldn't be able to go out. I was mostly being hyperbolic I get having to bring kids to like the Grocery stores and on planes and poo poo. Annoying but I do understand that much.

But seriously why bring a baby to a political rally lol. That's probably not even good for the kid's ears and hearing with how loud they can get.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

If Trump is losing his marbles already, I'm really looking forward to see how insane it gets in a couple of months, when the campaigning stress starts hitting, he isn't getting any sleep and constantly on amphetamines/coke.

I hope he has a full meltdown on national TV. :allears:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I remember feeling like this before I became a dad. It's ok my friend, babies are wonderful even when they cry sometimes.

I was this way too. Something about going through the child rearing process makes you feel empathy for a crying child instead of scorn.

gregday
May 23, 2003

So has anyone asked Ivanka how she would react to such harassment? Or is she content to let her brothers and father speak for her?

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
So, what sort of October surprise should we be expecting?

If Trump continues on as he has been (and there's no reason to think that he won't), someone would have to release something huge as a last minute hail mary.

Whether or not it's real doesn't make a difference. Between the stance wikileaks has taken, decades of Republican fear mongering/opposition research and the alt-right, someone's going to release something to try and salvage this for Trump.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

gradenko_2000 posted:

If I'm not mistaken Democratic Congressional and Senate candidates have been receiving the majority of votes since at least 2008 and it hasn't caused any movement yet, so I don't think anything's going to happen until at least the redistricting in 2020.

The only thing I could see to interrupt this cycle-- and the worrisome possibility that gerrymandering previously will lead to Republican dominance of statehouses even in 2020-- is a Supreme Court decision from a 5-4 or 6-3 liberal court that would declare political gerrymandering unconstitutional, or at least requiring some of the criteria reflected in many states such as compactness, contiguity, and communities of interest.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KatieMLeach/status/760302525400567812

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gregday posted:

So has anyone asked Ivanka how she would react to such harassment? Or is she content to let her brothers and father speak for her?

Look it's weird how silent Ivanka has been about this. I mean. People have questions, valid questions and I'm not trying to imply anything I just think it's weird how she hasn't said anything It just seems off to me so I can see reasons for people to have questions about her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Stalin posted:

If Trump continues on as he has been (and there's no reason to think that he won't), someone would have to release something huge as a last minute hail mary.

Whether or not it's real doesn't make a difference. Between the stance wikileaks has taken, decades of Republican fear mongering/opposition research and the alt-right, someone's going to release something to try and salvage this for Trump.

There's only every been one October Surprise, the original one, and the press just falls over itself to call everything that happens in October a surprise.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dexo posted:

Eh, babies gonna cry. Granted, if I'm in a nice restaurant or a movie theater I might frown upon the parents' decision to bring an infant along but it isn't like normal people are going to resent someone at the zoo or in the park (or at a crowd event) whose baby gets freaked out by the noise or gets angry about the heat or just shits itself or gets hungry.

Dr. FAUXTON and I aren't having kids because we like to travel and go camping and stuff and aren't really into the childraising thing given how we've seen our friends and family go through it, but it isn't like we'd be like "loving BREEDERS AND THEIR CROTCHSPAWN UGH" if someone's kid got noisy. It's like Florida - nice when you're not living there.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's sort of hilarious that biden got a reputation for being gaff prone when Trump is doing this poo poo on a near daily basis.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Trabisnikof posted:

I really hope Trump goes for the childfree demographic

"have you heard about these crotchdroplings? stealing free harry potter books from cosplayers? it's gotta stop!"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

A baby cries during a Kaine rally, he opens up his chest to reveal a thousand undulating teats from which the world's young may feed, slurp slurp slurp.

Except, Kaine would be in much better spirits as opposed to losing the will to live.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monaghan posted:

It's sort of hilarious that biden got a reputation for being gaff prone when Trump is doing this poo poo on a near daily basis.

Trump does gaffes like Steph Curry shoots threes, before this year we didn't know what it meant to be a gaffe machine.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Captain Stalin posted:

The latest CNN poll said that 50% of people polled believe that Russia is trying to influence our election. So the Wikileaks poo poo may be backfiring.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/760514335668047872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

zoux posted:

Trump does gaffes like Steph Curry shoots threes, before this year we didn't know what it meant to be a gaffe machine.

So Trump is going to stop making gaffes once the championship is on the line?

• Locked thread