Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes Donald Trump wants to gently caress his own daughter, it's just a really creepy and weird thing to 'brag' about and something that's super easy to mock.

Multiple people are making (or seeming to make) the complete unironic argument that Donald Trump literally wants to molest his daughter, not just mocking his creepy words, that is why I even brought it up. It's gone from 'making fun of a stupid thing he said' to it feeling like people honestly believe it and that's how crappy rumors get perpetuated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Someone please link the "wind kills all the birds" quote again. I can't find it in the thread.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

theblackw0lf posted:

Well any kind of restructuring can lead to hiccups in functioning, so that this is happening in the middle of an important election makes me concerned how it will affect the ability of the DNC to function.

Also Amy Dacey by most accounts was well regarded, and also seems she was kept out of the loop from some of the things DWS was doing, so seems like she doesn't deserve what's happening to her.

OTOH, I trust the new chair to take steps to strengthen the DNC so some new fresh blood might be a good thing.

And if it makes the Sanders supporters feel better than guess it's worth ti.

None of them really deserved this and this is all just throwing red meat to the BernieBros who needed at least one powerful woman taken down a peg.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

In order for the GOP to go after Obama on that statement, they'd have to argue that Trump is fit for president. Since Paul Ryan is currently drafting a statement saying why it's bad to take medals you didn't earn, he'll likely be too busy to stand up for Trump.

they're also not particularly interested in standing up for trump; they just don't see a way to repudiate him that doesn't involve professional/career suicide

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Someone please link the "wind kills all the birds" quote again. I can't find it in the thread.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

God bless you. Thanks

gregday
May 23, 2003

The wind killing all our birds is the worst part about solar.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Someone post the video of the solar thermal plant deathraying birds.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

gregday posted:

duh, I've heard about solar winds before

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Multiple people are making (or seeming to make) the complete unironic argument that Donald Trump literally wants to molest his daughter, not just mocking his creepy words, that is why I even brought it up. It's gone from 'making fun of a stupid thing he said' to it feeling like people honestly believe it and that's how crappy rumors get perpetuated.

On the other hand, maybe don't care so much about joke posts made about Donald Tump?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gregday posted:

ALL YOUR BIRDS. KILLED. THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT.

Now Mr. Trump please tell us your opinion about the tides and their causes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Goatman Sacks posted:

None of them really deserved this and this is all just throwing red meat to the BernieBros who needed at least one powerful woman taken down a peg.

DWS did. but less because of this, and more because she's incompetent.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I really, really hope Tim Kaine, America's Dad catches on like Diamond Joe did. It was a fantastic move to make people forget about some of Biden's more questionable positions and paint him as a force for good, and with how apparently whitebread Kaine is he could probably use a good narrative to push even more people towards Clinton and forget that he's got a few questionable positions of his own. Might have to get the Onion on board though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dexo posted:

DWS did. but less because of this, and more because she's incompetent.
I've been saying this for a while and goons would question it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This DNC thing to me sounds like a normal reshuffle but the media is desperate for anything negative about the Dems so CNN wants to spin it into a DEMOCRATS IN DISARRAY story.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

Someone post the video of the solar thermal plant deathraying birds.

http://savetheeaglesinternational.org/bird-smoked-at-solar-plant.html

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been saying this for a while and goons would question it.

Says the guy who almost got fired on the first episode.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

ALL YOUR BIRDS. KILLED. THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT.

Now Mr. Trump please tell us your opinion about the tides and their causes.

Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The #trumpolympics tag is pretty wonderful right now.

https://twitter.com/Ricky_Vaughn99/status/760552584189018113

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes Donald Trump wants to gently caress his own daughter, it's just a really creepy and weird thing to 'brag' about and something that's super easy to mock.

Like, yea I guess if it helps I agree Donald Trump probably doesn't literally want to molest his daughter, but 99% of dads somehow manage to say 'and isn't my daughter growing up so pretty' without saying 'haha I'd date her, I hope she gets her mom's tits, god drat she's so loving hot'.

The point is that he views every woman as an object, even his own daughter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/512tech/status/760551277021528066

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hillary loving us again (🤗😎😎🤓🔫 benghazi)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/760555756987047936

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oversexualization of Ivanka Trump is just what they do in New York City.

https://twitter.com/chrismassie/status/760552173797306368

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Once again, proving that tech companies are making the world a better place

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Apple was also instrumental in having a long gun emoji voted down. It's a massive conspiracy to liberalize our snapchats.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Someone is going to go to jail/get fired because they have an iPhone and their recipient has an Android.

Again.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Honestly I lean heavily in the "Trump has hosed his daughter" camp, but not really because of what he has said (which as others have pointed out is not unusual for a Narcissist) but because of his body language and the way he touches her. Trump won't shake hands with anyone but reached for a handful of his daughters rear end at the RNC, to say nothing of all the photos with his daughter where he publicly is displaying faaaaaaaaar more physical intimacy than he has ever shown with any of his wives.

For a Narcissist like Trump he would feel no hesitation whatsoever if the urge struck him to molest his daughter. She is his property, a thing with which he can amuse himself from time to time. She exists (like everyone else in Trump's world) to give him pleasure on demand.

Look at the pictures he takes with her, and then look at the pictures he takes with his wives. His wives are ornaments to be displayed, (like trophies on a shelf) but his daughter is shown real physical affection.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why do we need a gun emoji anyway

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Oversexualization of Ivanka Trump is just what they do in New York City.

https://twitter.com/chrismassie/status/760552173797306368

Lmao *violent retching* lmao

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

I mean, I can get unfrozen chicken breast for $1.99 year round at Kroger, but I never really thought of us as a chicken region.

the primary agricultural activity in north georgia and much of appalachia is chicken raising. there's a bunch of poultry slaughterhouses in gainesville

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

greatn posted:

🔫america🔫number🔫one🔫hoorah🔫usa🔫usa🔫usa🔫

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DE Supreme Court just ruled that the state's death penalty is unconstitutional.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

greatn posted:

How else do you show that you want to kill yourself without a gun to the head of an emoji?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zoux posted:

DE Supreme Court just ruled that the state's death penalty is unconstitutional.

Good

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

greatn posted:

The gun is good. The penis is evil.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small