Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

You worry too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Seriously, if we don't get a skyscraper level that lets us rappel down the side of a glass and steel building 200+m above ground, something will have gone horribly wrong.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I hope the FOV of the cameras is a joke, a really bad joke and will be hotfixed by tomorrow.

Eatpants
Jan 26, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

No, I constantly get things wrong and teammates don't know what I am talking about. Common names should be exposed as often as possible please, not just in the corner of your screen in the drone phase.

I'm with you on this, I really really SHOULD know the maps by now, but I don't.
This is very welcome for someone like me, also compass in drone/camera will help a ton.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Paradigmata posted:

I hope the FOV of the cameras is a joke, a really bad joke and will be hotfixed by tomorrow.

It now forces you to default FoV, which is the intended behaviour, so no.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Servers having trouble for anyone else? I've got like 2 seconds delay on all my actions.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Not sure, but I got disconnected once.

Bugs seen so far:
Enemy Weapon still has the visual shooting effect after killing the enemy and laying on the ground.
Rook not looking in the direction he is shooting.
Blackscreen disconnect from ranked game.

/e 3 people dropped in current ranked

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 2, 2016

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Man maybe I'm just getting super unlucky but I feel like shields are even shittier, constant headshots straight through them, both doing that and having it done to me over and over today.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

How's the new map? Can sledge just smash everything everywhere?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

amitlu posted:

From the Dust Line update:

And now:

So they take frags away from Thermite citing too many nades on attackers, then give them to the new DLC operator that costs 25k renown or the season pass?

Hard, between this and a lot of the DLC operators being insanely powerful (Blackbeard, Valkyrie (SPAS-12) and Frost for 3 months) do you see how this is a really bad look? I get you need to make them good and competitive but the Thermite situation just seems like an unnecessary nerf to incentivize season pass buying.
They're just going to remove the the frags from Sledge soon then. You want frags? Buy a DLC operator.

Keeping new stuff overpowered for a few weeks/months before the balancing hits is really common with F2P/P2W games, it happened to TF2 a bunch.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm an adult so i just spent like 6 dollars on the season pass so i can p2w with the operators but is there any way you can stop adding in roaming defenders so i can pick an operator who isn't rook once in a while?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

They're just going to remove the the frags from Sledge soon then. You want frags? Buy a DLC operator.

Keeping new stuff overpowered for a few weeks/months before the balancing hits is really common with F2P/P2W games, it happened to TF2 a bunch.

This is not a F2P game and should not be balanced like one because F2P balance is usually garbo

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people are also dramatically overstating the importance of frag grenades, which are not even very good.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

4 Frags for the attacking team is more than enough but it's totally okay for the defending team to have 5 Nitro Cell if they so desire? Especially considering Nitro Cell is so much better as a thrown weapon since you don't get a "here is where it is, run away" arrow like you do for all the different kinds of grenades.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people are also dramatically overstating the importance of frag grenades, which are not even very good.

Also Jager.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Caveira owns.

M249 also owns.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

4 Frags for the attacking team is more than enough but it's totally okay for the defending team to have 5 Nitro Cell if they so desire? Especially considering Nitro Cell is so much better as a thrown weapon since you don't get a "here is where it is, run away" arrow like you do for all the different kinds of grenades.

Frags and nitros behave very differently and can't really be directly compared.

Generally speaking nitros feel pretty well balanced, and frags are much harder to balance outside of limiting the total number of them in play because they're cookable and can be thrown from much further away, which you can't really do much about without basically making them not frag grenades.

The only way to give more operators the option of using frags might be to make them limited to 1 frag per operator and then to let Thermite have a nade again, and idk who else would be a good candidate for a nade.

6 frags seems like it would be too much on an attacking team, and I can imagine pretty much every non-hostage round being a case of attackers running as many frags as they could if there were more guys with them.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
after a long hiatus of not playing this game i tried it out and got immediately owned

it was fun

thanks hard

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

After a long hiatus of not playing this game I tried it out and immediately owned people. It was fun.

Then my teammates shot each other and remained stoically silent when flanked and we lost anyway. Then I got matched up against them with two level 13s. We lost.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

lohli posted:

6 frags seems like it would be too much on an attacking team, and I can imagine pretty much every non-hostage round being a case of attackers running as many frags as they could if there were more guys with them.

Why isn't every attacking team composed of Sledge, Buck, and 3 Recruits, then?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

After extensive review of our statistics we've determined that every member of the attacking team having a gun makes them far too powerful and difficult for the defending team to protect against. As a result we've removed guns from all attacking team members except Buck and Blackbeard. We think this will add more tactical depth to the game.

On an unrelated note, Season Pass holders may now equip the SPAS-12 and nitro on any defending character.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the problem with the nitro cell vs frag debate is that the attackers don't really have a vested interest in finding a singular spot and losing the round if they give it up like the defenders do. there's a reason, you know, there are separate pools of attackers and defenders, because they're both expected and required to do different things.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Foehammer posted:

Why isn't every attacking team composed of Sledge, Buck, and 3 Recruits, then?

Because recruits only get 1 frag and lose the advantage of attachments and gadgets.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

I'm somewhere in the 130 level range, gold 4, and I rarrrrely see grenade kills or get killed by them. Is gameplay that different on pc than console?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bobua posted:

I'm somewhere in the 130 level range, gold 4, and I rarrrrely see grenade kills or get killed by them. Is gameplay that different on pc than console?

Nope I'm 77 on ps4 and never see grenade kills. Lots of c4 kills though.

Love the new map. Can't comment on the new operators though because I keep getting killed instantly.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The best thing about this update, bar none, is that Dwyer Hill skins can now be bought for renown.

Also, grenades aren't weapons, they're used for blowing up obstacles like armoured panels, shields, frost traps, and mute jammers if no-one's picked Thatcher.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nope I'm 77 on ps4 and never see grenade kills. Lots of c4 kills though.

Love the new map. Can't comment on the new operators though because I keep getting killed instantly.

I'm ps4 also, should have been more specific.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What's "mobility" stat mean on guns, time to aim down sights?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Huh, one of my kapkan traps just went off, killing a baddie, and rather than getting points for the kill, I lost 10 because I destroyed a team gadget (mine).

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

The most important Kapkan buff is that he can place the traps at any height now, so place them at melee height so they trigger when the enemy pokes a hole in the barricade.

Does this mean you can get blown up by punching a hole in a barricade that has a Kapkan trap at the exact height you punched?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Digirat posted:

What's "mobility" stat mean on guns, time to aim down sights?

Mostly hipfire. But also maybe that too.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Gunder posted:

Does this mean you can get blown up by punching a hole in a barricade that has a Kapkan trap at the exact height you punched?

Yes. Be careful.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
not sure if it's intentional, hard, but i got wasted by a crossbow bolt thru a wall that was barricaded

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The new attachment feels like it makes a big difference. Coming from other shooters and how lethal everything is here, it feels like it takes a year to aim, especially with the ACOG, so I'll probably always be taking it on the weapons that have it

I do find it kind of weird that there's still many weapons that just have the one option for that slot, if the reason for adding the new attachment was to stop the problem of there only being 1 option that is objectively better than nothing

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Gunder posted:

No, this is misinformation.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people are already leaving DBNO players for interrogations, which leaves me with the unenviable task of executing DBNO people i can't reach in time. when will i be reimbursed for this lost renown hard

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Tactical realism basically means you run out of ammo really quickly.

https://streamable.com/hcpz
https://streamable.com/jk8f

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 3, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people are already leaving DBNO players for interrogations, which leaves me with the unenviable task of executing DBNO people i can't reach in time. when will i be reimbursed for this lost renown hard

You shall receive your compensation in the form of a lifetime of nightmares, accompanied by seeing first-hand the widow and/or children of the now-deceased operative grieve about their loss and wonder whether they really did die during a "training accident". Is this satisfactory? :v:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Interrogation lasting much longer with the risk/reward being that you get more updates but you can be interrupted/shot at any time and then the DBNO attacker can be picked back up is a really interesting idea that could be explored.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tactical realism basically means you run out of ammo really quickly.

https://streamable.com/hcpz
https://streamable.com/jk8f
So wait you don't get spotted when you go outside in TACTICAL mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

No, this is misinformation.

No, it's not. I've had it happen to me several times.

If you melee a barricade and your model clips through the laser while punching a hole in the barricade, it will blow up.

• Locked thread