Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Criminal Minded posted:

The man is so large he makes an M60 look like a hunting rifle.

That's an M249, significantly smaller than an M60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adorable new head of studio.

Also, everyone not in orange in this picture is screwed.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 30, 2016

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

Also The Godfather. You're just a little runaway, livin' on a prayer thinking you can roast two American legends

Goddamn this movie looks badass.

Man as much fun as the series is now and has made a change in my cold black heart. I loath 1,2, and only half like Tokio Drift. Not seen 4. If they can fit Dwayne Johnson, Kurt Russell, a Mad Max like Charger (I know its not the V8 Interceptor), and put my all time favorite eye candy who can act when needed (probably not in this one) Charlize Theron then they have my ticket along with a good chunk of America. A fun movie is like a pool on a hot day, it has a gravity that knows no race, religion, body type, or weirdness.

I guess I could check but how well do these movies do outside of the US? UK, good car culture but probably look down on it as not having a Jaguar or Aston in the mix with any real gusto, even Borne had a Mini. Japan, for sure, represented pretty well in most of the time. Italians? Great cars but do they make a dent in the box office at all. Australia? Strong car culture but like their geographic location it is upside down, General Motors are Holdens? Ford are know shorthand as Falcons, and apparently 100% pure American only Mac Trucks do quite well down there. Where is South Africa in the mix? Besides all these whitish country's, it would be cool to see a Chinese manufactures car in there, from what I have read and seen they are mostly poo poo but like most things they do, I bet they have a world class prototype just sitting around that is not practical for them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In japan it's called WILD SPEED: SKY MISSION

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

grahf987 posted:

I guess I could check but how well do these movies do outside of the US?

Furious 7 made over a billion dollars outside the US.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Wandle Cax posted:

Furious 7 made over a billion dollars outside the US.

Very concise, unlike my post. Not real particular but pretty much set me straight. Thanks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Fast Five was Wild Speed: Mega Max

Six was Euro Mission

The Japanese titles own

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIiKsZtD5zG/

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The Rock owned the guy behind him, meanwhile the guy in front of him did a standing flip to impress us all

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if the rock was going on a rampage I'd do all sorts of flips to get out of the way

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

grahf987 posted:

my all time favorite eye candy who can act when needed (probably not in this one) Charlize Theron

grahf987 posted:

Australia? Strong car culture but like their geographic location it is upside down, General Motors are Holdens? Ford are know shorthand as Falcons, and apparently 100% pure American only Mac Trucks do quite well down there. Where is South Africa in the mix? Besides all these whitish country's, it would be cool to see a Chinese manufactures car in there, from what I have read and seen they are mostly poo poo but like most things they do, I bet they have a world class prototype just sitting around that is not practical for them.

How about gently caress off with the creepiness and the weird racist / nationalist vibes? Uncool to poo poo on other countries or races, least of all in the FF thread.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That hacker played by Khaleesi's favorite subject is the eye candy, duh.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm just salty that anyone could pick a F&F eye candy that isn't Paul Walker (blessed be he).

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

well why not posted:

How about gently caress off with the creepiness and the weird racist / nationalist vibes? Uncool to poo poo on other countries or races, least of all in the FF thread.

I'm glad I'm not the only one weirded out by that whole post

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The MSJ posted:

New picture of Hobbs aka Iceman.

The shades are covering it up a bit, but I'm glad the man still can fire off a classic People's Eyebrow.

I'm the guy burying his face in the wall hoping The Rock doesn't notice he accidentally skipped my rear end-whooping

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 2, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Do we know why the rock is in jail? At the end of 7 he was arresting Shaw, and then...?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
His guns probably weren't registered.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dead Snoopy posted:

His guns probably weren't registered.

You'd think a guy like that would realize there are laws for those lethal weapons.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well they closed the gun show loophole.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You know The Rock is going to be busting a lot of jabronis in this movie, but did you expect him to coach a girl's soccer team? Well he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhmgrEuGJU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want a buddy film with The Rock and Terry Crews.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I want a buddy film with The Rock and Terry Crews.

I want a TRILOGY w/ Rock & Crews.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A comedy about three muscular brothers played by The Rock, Channing Tatum, and Zac Efron.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is their dad.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would watch that if Danny Devito was their uncle, too.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cage posted:

I would watch that if Danny Devito was their uncle, too.

Are you pitching a Twins sequel?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

duz posted:

Are you pitching a Twins sequel?

They're already making that.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some day. Maybe.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Channing Tatum and Terry Crews need to be in the F&F universe

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

WhyteRyce posted:

Channing Tatum and Terry Crews need to be in the F&F universe

Could we not just turn this poo poo into The Expendables?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It does need Nic Cage though, well I need that anyway.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

TheScott2K posted:

Could we not just turn this poo poo into The Expendables?

It's okay, just have a stupid dumb random car chase be going on in the background of 24 Jump Street, and have Vin Deisel and/or the Rock cameo for like 5 seconds.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I thought 22JS and MIB were gonna cross over though?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I thought 22JS and MIB were gonna cross over though?

Who do you think the aliens are gonna be?

Family goes beyond this earth.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yo what's up with this feud bullshit that's running around the rumor mills right now?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Yo what's up with this feud bullshit that's running around the rumor mills right now?

He commented on one of his recent Instagram posts:

quote:

UNIVERSAL has been great partners as well. My female co-stars are always amazing and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken poo poo to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right.

quote:

Bottom line is it'll play great for the movie and fits this Hobbs character that's embedded in my DNA extremely well. The producer in me is happy about this part. Final week on FAST 8 and I'll finish strong. #IcemanCometh #F8 #ZeroToleranceForCandyAsses

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

1. The Rock
2. Parents
3. My dog
4. Teachers
5. Santa Claus

I would hate if any of them were disappointed in me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scyantific posted:

Yeah can't wait for some details to come out about that, I wouldn't want to be on the Rock's bad side.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

There's been rumors since 6 that Rock and Vin don't really get along, but they've both publicly refuted them before. It's pretty out of character for Rock to go off the reservation like that though, I'd think it'd have to be someone comparable to him to actually get under his skin, so I'm guessing it's Vin.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Statham could be the issue. Fits the 'not acting' parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe Rock is a huge fan of Luda's early stuff and hates what he turned into

• Locked thread