Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Biggest ripoff since some game company ripped off TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
when i got the game i thought it was funny that lucio was the same dude as lucian with a different getup and still think its funny that they get the same skins?

chill

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Back Hack posted:

Does equipping Zarya's Olympic weigh-lifting skin auto-ban you?

no...? why would it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

red plastic cup posted:

no...? why would it

it's a russian olympics / doping joke

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

2 very similar looking characters (apart from clothing) with almost the same name getting very similar skins is a pretty big coincidence.

So yes black people look the same, got it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Has anyone talked about how fantastic Junkrat's new Highlight Intro is

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spudd posted:

So yes black people look the same, got it.

If torbjorns name was Dellio and he was an only kinda short bald texan would it also be racist to point out the similarities there?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Big fan of Tracer's as well.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It's so good, I want it so badly

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Lucioball is garbage. People playing as genji in it is hilarious tho. Gambling for cosmetics is also garbage. Overwatch is still fun tho.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I bought some crates. Got Lucio's soccer skin twice in a row. The fact that the duplicate doesn't give a currency usable for summer boxes is dumb as gently caress.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

It's animated too quickly and the background looks like poo poo

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So is Blizzard going to be releasing more content during the summer games event? Like a Rio de Janeiro map based off Lucio's neighborhood or something? The new boxes are fine and all, but we need something to bump Temple of Anubis out of the rotation for a while.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Canemacar posted:

So is Blizzard going to be releasing more content during the summer games event? Like a Rio de Janeiro map based off Lucio's neighborhood or something? The new boxes are fine and all, but we need something to bump Temple of Anubis out of the rotation for a while.

Put Lucioball in the competetive rotation plz blizzard

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 3, 2016

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Canemacar posted:

So is Blizzard going to be releasing more content during the summer games event? Like a Rio de Janeiro map based off Lucio's neighborhood or something?

Microcephalic models of all the heroes.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's interesting Blizzard makes me want to give them the least amount of money while Grinding Gear Games makes me want to support them. So like a company can make money without being poo poo. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1708021 Feels honest to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLQPx78ntYMs Feels like PR bullshit. To me it isn't about hats so much as it's about how they see/treat their customers. Of course this is the company who who figured users would be too confused by tabs/scroll bar so whatever. They underpriced skins (didn't make enough people actually want) but it's too late to change it so they made these new ones unpurchasable.

Now where's my 50$ nude skin?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 3, 2016

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Mei should get an ice pick that she uses to climb walls. That's my idea.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Amazing. Next caller.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Got the USSR Zaraya skin from my freebie, I look forward to cosplaying as Zero Suit Samus the way she should have been. :mad:

Bruceski posted:

D.Va, Genji :japan:, McCree :911:, Mercy, Torbjorn :sweden:, Widowmaker, :france:
We don't have a crying Korea flag?! poo poo, somebody needs to get on this.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Reaper should get a Darksiders 2 skin imo. Death in that game used 2 scythes! It makes sense, drat it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Father Wendigo posted:

We don't have a crying Korea flag?! poo poo, somebody needs to get on this.

That's bizarre, I could have sworn there was a crying zergling emote. Maybe it was on the Goonfleet forums.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spudd posted:

Reaper should get a Darksiders 2 skin imo. Death in that game used 2 scythes! It makes sense, drat it.

what would they even change

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

what would they even change

Remove his shirt

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Spudd posted:

Remove his shirt

remove everyone's shirt

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Duck and Cover posted:

It's interesting Blizzard makes me want to give them the least amount of money while Grinding Gear Games makes me want to support them. So like a company can make money without being poo poo. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1708021 Feels honest to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLQPx78ntYMs Feels like PR bullshit. To me it isn't about hats so much as it's about how they see/treat their customers. Of course this is the company who who figured users would be too confused by tabs/scroll bar so whatever. They underpriced skins (didn't make enough people actually want) but it's too late to change it so they made these new ones unpurchasable.

Now where's my 50$ nude skin?

Not really that interesting TBH.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
You would think Overwatch would take a peak over at DOTA and their chest system. I mean, it's hardly a surprise that there is push back on this and good will can only get you so far.

C'mon Blizz.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kerrrrrrr posted:

remove everyone's shirt

Roadhog doesn't wear a shirt

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

Remove everyone's shirt and Roadhog's mask.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Main Paineframe posted:

Remove his chest-flesh.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

MasterBuilder posted:

You would think Overwatch would take a peak over at DOTA and their chest system. I mean, it's hardly a surprise that there is push back on this and good will can only get you so far.

C'mon Blizz.

lol if you think DotA doesn't use gambling to extend loot drops

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I like gambling

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

TG-Chrono posted:

I may have been out of the game for longer than I thought. In my defense minus the super rares, if there are 10 items in a chest and you buy 10 chest you get all the items. The overwatch system would be if every Dota item for a year was a possible drop and you could get dupes.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Are Ana, Hanzo, and Reinhardt the only heroes that didn't get any new visual unlocks?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

TG-Chrono posted:

that's the point, though: This is far worse than dota's loot system

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

poo poo is ddosed into the loving ground right now.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Well at least I'm at work

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

poo poo is ddosed into the loving ground right now.

Blizzard can't stop this from happening with all the $$$ they have?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

goodness posted:

Blizzard can't stop this from happening with all the $$$ they have?

in most every case targeted DDoS attacks will always result in some loss of service, even in a successful defense.

it's like having the pipes burst in your house. you can keep everything in top shape, but if (when) it happens you can't really anticipate it and just hope to minimize the damage.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Oddly enough, Lucioball seems to get made really quickly. But quickplay just straight up is not queueing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

in most every case targeted DDoS attacks will always result in some loss of service, even in a successful defense.

it's like having the pipes burst in your house. you can keep everything in top shape, but if (when) it happens you can't really anticipate it and just hope to minimize the damage.

You can anticipate it by ensuring that your pipes are in good condition and replacing or repairing the ones that are not