Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

RIP Devcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dave going off on WWE commentators attempting to go body-positive on the Monster Heel was incredible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP RIP Pisscast

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Alain Post posted:

Dave going off on WWE commentators attempting to go body-positive on the Monster Heel was incredible

The announcers actually should talk up how hot Rusev is.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:agreed:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Chris James 2 posted:

RIP RIP Pisscast

To this end, I encourage you all to post questions in this thread so Oatgan can ask them tonight.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Karmine posted:

To this end, I encourage you all to post questions in this thread so Oatgan can ask them tonight.

At Wrestlemania a few years ago Brock Lesnar was fighting Roman Reigns. Brock hit Roman with an F5, and both men collapsed. Then Seth Rollins music hit and he came out to cash in the money in the bank briefcase so he could compete for the world title. He hit his curb stomp on Lesnar. He then went for a second curb stomp but Lesnar lifted him for the F5. Roman hen speared Lesnar. This allowed Rollins to hit his curb stomp on Reigns, and win the title. The thing I've always wondered - was this a work, or a shoot, or a work that became a shoot?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Karmine posted:

What former WWE wrestler do you next want to see come back and beat up Heath Slater, and why isn't it Gangrel

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

what's the best non-kuribo's shoe based mario level?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Alain Post posted:

Dave talking about Plus-sized models being 'in' right now was outstanding

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

At Wrestlemania a few years ago Brock Lesnar was fighting Roman Reigns. Brock hit Roman with an F5, and both men collapsed. Then Seth Rollins music hit and he came out to cash in the money in the bank briefcase so he could compete for the world title. He hit his curb stomp on Lesnar. He then went for a second curb stomp but Lesnar lifted him for the F5. Roman hen speared Lesnar. This allowed Rollins to hit his curb stomp on Reigns, and win the title. The thing I've always wondered - was this a work, or a shoot, or a work that became a shoot?

everything is a work bro.

What I want to know is who is this mystery segment of the population that hated DDP during his babyface run in WCW?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tr33 posted:

What I want to know is who is this mystery segment of the population that hated DDP during his babyface run in WCW?

Some fans on the internet hated him since they felt he was only pushed because he was friends with Bischoff. They kept holding this against him and got really mad that he was put over Benoit in early 98. The idea was that he was making himself look better than he actually was by working with wrestlers like Benoit. Basically they wouldn't give him credit for anything. Scott Keith was a big offender.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Some fans on the internet hated him since they felt he was only pushed because he was friends with Bischoff. They kept holding this against him and got really mad that he was put over Benoit in early 98. The idea was that he was making himself look better than he actually was by working with wrestlers like Benoit. Basically they wouldn't give him credit for anything. Scott Keith was a big offender.

DDP really felt like a star for a little bit of time, and then he didn't. TNA really did a great job of being their spiritual successor, as they managed to do this time and time again with people like Ken Anderson, The Pope, Desmond Wolf, Austin Aeries, Raven, Samoa Joe, and Monte Brown.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Scott Keith

This is explains alot actually. But hey I was more of a Al Scoops guy so we all lapped up everything DDP gave us.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

The Roman Reigns of his day

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

MassRafTer posted:

Wrestleline seemed to have some strange vendetta against DDP on the whole.

I used to go to Wrestleline's chatroom, ama

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Spermgod posted:

The Roman Reigns of his day

DDP was massively more over than Reigns ever will be.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I did a spittake at the Benoit joke near the beginning of the Pisscast

I love the three of you sexually

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

remusclaw posted:

DDP really felt like a star for a little bit of time, and then he didn't. TNA really did a great job of being their spiritual successor, as they managed to do this time and time again with people like Ken Anderson, The Pope, Desmond Wolf, Austin Aeries, Raven, Samoa Joe, and Monte Brown.

Joe and Brown are the real big gently caress-ups by TNA, where they squandered what they had by not pulling the trigger until far too late and then giving up when the reaction wasn't as big as it would've been had they gone with either guy earlier.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think today's B&V show is the first time I've heard Craig actually get mad at a wrestling show. Good lord.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Total work. Either Pat Patterson called that finish or someone who cribbed heavily from his notes. Besides neither of those guys are Undertaker so if something didn't go according to what Brock agreed to, he woulda killed them live on PPV(see: Holly, Bob).

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Brock was shooting on Roman, so they had to send in Seth, but that part was planned and a work. As Brock respects Seth (unlike Roman) this got him to cooperate and finish up the match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Broken Matt Hardy episode of Jericho's show is up :getin:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How is Matt Hardy the best thing in wrestling in 2016?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Endless Mike posted:

He's the most self aware man in pro-wrestling.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tr33 posted:

I was one of them; I hated his campy promos and thought he looked like a dork.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endless Mike posted:

People believe the gimmick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

He's not but people keep ignoring John Zandig.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

He's not but people keep ignoring John Zandig.

I have a hard time watching hardcore wrestling in 2016.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

I have a hard time watching hardcore wrestling in 2016.

John Zandig cares about wrestlers and is making death match wrestling safe (and great again.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49_FLBKWtvyLUp1THpFZHo3RWc/view?usp=sharing

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I can't believe the Pisscast actually answered my dumb question. :psyduck: I agree with the scenario they laid out, as it is most plausible.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Between the Sheets Brawl for All special is up. Three and a half hours on one of the worst ideas ever.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The matt nterview is in character

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I loved the Final Deletion and the follow up videos, but a full hour of Broken Matt Hardy was not enjoyable.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I loved the Final Deletion and the follow up videos, but a full hour of Broken Matt Hardy was not enjoyable.

Every subsequent Broken Matt segment on Impact and online since Final Deletion has been diminishing returns.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Episode 11 of Sidewalk Slam is up, covering the Raws leading to Battleground.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

flashy_mcflash posted:

Every subsequent Broken Matt segment on Impact and online since Final Deletion has been diminishing returns.

Bummer to hear that, after hearing the podcast it's the first time I've ever had the very odd thought, "maybe I should look at some TNA sometime"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The Final Deletion and the two aftermath videos (the public viewing and the in-ring promo) are really good but I can't imagine an hour-long podcast having the same legs.

Jaragoh
Nov 27, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think today's B&V show is the first time I've heard Craig actually get mad at a wrestling show. Good lord.

He got mad about Shawn Michaels saying 'tough titty' several months ago too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I enjoyed Broken Matt on TIJ

Jaragoh posted:

He got mad about Shawn Michaels saying 'tough titty' several months ago too.

That seems like a really weird thing for Craig to be mad about

• Locked thread