Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

cyberia posted:

Some Butcher Billy prints:

Skipped the Nightcrawler one? Tsk, tsk. (These are all rad though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

H110Hawk posted:

I assume there is some hilarious burn/troll/joke here but I'm pretty dense.

Michael J.

Actually my favourite thing PCOS has posted.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Roots Radical posted:

Michael J.

Actually my favourite thing PCOS has posted.

PCOS Bill posted:

I'd have assumed they provide phones to celebrities as a form of advertising, Mr. Fox.

:golfclap:

(I have always dropped my phones. I was quite worried going from a blackberry (under duress) to a the Galaxy S3. Thing held up like a champ. This is the first phone I've owned without parts to come apart to absorb shock.)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

tomstuart posted:

its hard to find the slim fit ones on the clearance sale

They don't stock very many slims, and with the right physique, they look so much better than the standard fit that I'm not surprised at all they never make it to the clearance rack.

Also the Dillard's a town over has a Downton Abbey-looking dude back in men's that will measure you and find you something not billowy--is that something only some stores do?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hydro Flask trip report:

Buy one.
I filled it up at 7 am and it is still ice-cold in my warm office. Gat Dang!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

Hydro Flask trip report:

Buy one.

You can knock people out with it too which is a plus!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Hydro Flask trip report:

Buy one.

Buy one? Try more like buy Four! (Ones a food flask for soups). I just bought my fourth last night. (32 ounce one with the new redesigned lid that is awesome)

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Hydroflasks are awesome. I have three 24 oz, three 12 (16?) oz, and the 64 oz growler.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LionArcher posted:

Buy one? Try more like buy Four! (Ones a food flask for soups). I just bought my fourth last night. (32 ounce one with the new redesigned lid that is awesome)

Soups!
Now I need another.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I need a new water bottle because my nalgene is too big and I can't drink out of the wide rear end mouth without making a mess.

Think I might get wonnadeez.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
If anyone is like me and doesn't like metal water bottles, I've had a couple of these for a few years and have been really happy with them not breaking when I drop them on the floor: http://takeyausa.com/shop/hydration/glass-water-bottles. If weight is an issue, they are relatively heavy empty. I have the 22oz classic.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Kusaru posted:

If anyone is like me and doesn't like metal water bottles, I've had a couple of these for a few years and have been really happy with them not breaking when I drop them on the floor: http://takeyausa.com/shop/hydration/glass-water-bottles. If weight is an issue, they are relatively heavy empty. I have the 22oz classic.

Why do you not like metal water bottles?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

But it's going straight back to Amazon because they and Woot FAILED TO MENTION that this is the EU version of the game, and I have to pay an extra $60 to download a NA version if I want to, you know, play the game.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think some of the metal bottles have aluminum in it and I have an irrational fear of it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Metal bottles are perfect for your morning OJ on the go!

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Just got a copy this tonight at a special screening of some of these bizarre musicals, and got it signed by Steve Young, who was presenting, and is an all-around really nice guy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Turns out that St. John got a designer who can do dresses for women under 60 years old now, found one on sale (probably because the sizing is weird, it's ostensibly a 0 but more like a 2) and it's very classy. Now if only I had somewhere to wear it!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pick posted:

Turns out that St. John got a designer who can do dresses for women under 60 years old now, found one on sale (probably because the sizing is weird, it's ostensibly a 0 but more like a 2) and it's very classy. Now if only I had somewhere to wear it!
I started reading this post then thought I was in WAYWT and expected a "pics incoming" :colbert:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

(probably because the sizing is weird, it's ostensibly a 0 but more like a 2)

It's called vanity sizing. I'm a dude and even I know what that is.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Soups!
Now I need another.

Heads up, to keep it hot all day you need to "prep" the hydro. Aka out hot water in it 20 minutes prior to adding your food. Otherwise the time it stays hot is about half.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Pick posted:

Isn't that poo poo like ridiculously expensive? It's like rich woman yacht wear

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How can a size be 0. Isn't that a size nothing? I'm so thin I can wear nothing!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the size numbers ever corresponded to any specific measurement, that went away in like the 60s.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aphrodite posted:

If the size numbers ever corresponded to any specific measurement, that went away in like the 60s.

I have a kinda weird foot size and the only shoes that I can buy online are Converse because a 12 Wide means a shitload of things depending on who makes it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wear 8.5 Clarks boots but 10.5 wide in New Balance runners. Sizing is all hosed up in clothing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shoes are even dumber, because the sizes actually do refer to specific measurements and they still do whatever the hell they want.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Aphrodite posted:

Shoes are even dumber, because the sizes actually do refer to specific measurements and they still do whatever the hell they want.

sometimes you can more faithfully rely on the eu sizing chart because ive found that shoes that list the size as 45 EU tend to fit regardless of what the listed US/UK shoe size is

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

How can a size be 0. Isn't that a size nothing? I'm so thin I can wear nothing!

Don't find out about 00 then.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Etrips posted:

Why do you not like metal water bottles?

It's not so much a problem now, but the ones I had a few years ago had small mouths and I was always paranoid they weren't clean and I couldn't tell. I also don't really like the metal feel on my mouth, prefer glass.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Call of Cholula posted:

Isn't that poo poo like ridiculously expensive? It's like rich woman yacht wear

The base price was over a grand, but as I said it was significantly discounted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

You name the furry convention and I'll be there with a tux and tail on.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

88h88 posted:

Post about dis car in AI, there's a lack of them about and everyone is interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I'll make a post over there when I pick it up, back in Aus. until the middle of Sept. Already have a bunch of plans for it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm so thin I can wear nothing!

You got that right, baby :wink:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

You name the furry convention and I'll be there with a tux and tail on.

I sort of thought I might wear it to Portland's trendy Russian restaurant and drink vodka until I die of alcohol poisoning.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

I sort of thought I might wear it to Portland's trendy Russian restaurant and drink vodka until I die of alcohol poisoning.

Would be cheaper with a handle of Popov and the waterfront but suit yourself.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Patagonia 32L Black Hole pack

£100, down to £60 in a sale. Been after one of these for a while so very pleased.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

Would be cheaper with a handle of Popov and the waterfront but suit yourself.

Just because I like a sale doesn't mean I'll drink Popov.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Our regional cheap vodka is Karkov. Good old raw gasoline flavor.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Aramek posted:

Our regional cheap vodka is Karkov. Good old raw gasoline flavor.

Taste like potato. Or how Ivars imagines potato to taste.

The wife found this at a local auction - proper mid 80s vinyl.

I spent some time cleaning it up, getting it straight, then my daughter claimed some kind of prima nocta by farting on it and calling it the Trump Chair. So I'll be keeping this just for the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Your daughter is extremely cool.