Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Finally. CIGARETTEINMOUTH by "I speak Japanese only".

gasman fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Awww, no cigarette holders?

That is all that is really missing for the perfect Dr Gonzo character.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
I'm sure he'd make one if you ask nicely, in japanese.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

gasman posted:

I can barely speak French, I'm doomed!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

pmchem posted:

Let's say I start a new game with the Season Pass DLC, then just go save Preston, and then just go straight back to Sanctuary and do nothing but let settlers scavenge and build up the town a bit.

If later, from that clean save game, I install a variety of mods (that do not affect Sanctuary) ... what's the worst that can go wrong, compared to using those same mods starting a brand new game?

The worst I've seen is some sort helper mods not affecting the names of items that are either already spawned in the world or statically spawned at the very start of the game.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I love snap'n build so much. Can't believe I haven't used it before!

I got bored of just plonking down some water purifiers in the water pool at Starlight, so I made this.

Entrance.

What you see when you first walk in. Tried to make it look as industrial as possible. I don't know what else I could add honestly.

Up on the catwalks so that, uh... maintenance can be performed. I guess. I just wanted to make a loving catwalk.

Purified water gets pulled out of the workshop, roll along the conveyer and then go back into the workshop. This is simply aesthetic.

I jumbled together a pair of HVAC units to look like purified water is being pumped into the system and bottled.

Again, for no real reason other than aesthetics, a trailer at the loading bay.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

So, I havent had time to look at this since April, did the settlement keyword stuff get sorted? for a while there we needed keyword manager mods, but then it looked like bethesda increased the keyword limit so it wasn't needed anymore, what was the outcome and common practice now?

People still use them for compatibility with other settlement mods.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Falken posted:

I got bored of just plonking down some water purifiers in the water pool at Starlight, so I made this.

Do settlers still just spawn standing in the water inside the building?

Midnight Voyager posted:

People still use them for compatibility with other settlement mods.

People still use them for compatibility with other settlement mods that are stupid and overriding vanilla menus instead of adding menu items via script.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Roadie posted:

I don't know, I haven't actually got any settlers yet. :ohdear:

Also I installed the more spawns (medium) along with create your own difficulty (1.1 damage for me, 2.0 for enemy) and my god, early game at least is very tense. I just got into a fight with the mongrels just east of diamond city, and I eventually got overrun. Fuckers were relentless.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Roadie posted:

People still use them for compatibility with other settlement mods that are stupid and overriding vanilla menus instead of adding menu items via script.

You know, this is more accurate, yes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hear ye hear hear ye a new gun on the Nexus! A silenced .38 Pistol inspired by the silenced pistol from New Vegas!

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Was there ever a fix for the unique NPC vendors, mod or patch?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

gasman posted:

I could, but Japanese just gets turned to ??????????????????????????????????????? by nexus.
beats me.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

So I want to use Iron Roses weapon rebalance, but obviously that would be a little problematic as I've got other modded weapons, such as the Glock 20, R91 (best gun <3), DOOM1911.

I've figured out how to change armor values in FO4Edit (I found that the Saboteur outfits in Commonwealth Survivalist Gear were too high at 45, so I set it down to 10), but I haven't figured out how to mess with damage values on weapons yet. I ideally want to make the weapon addons fit in nicely with the other vanilla weapons.

Also, the 1911s fire rate needs to come up. Thing fires like it were a bolt action.

e: Figured it all out for myself. Time to tweak poo poo!

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 4, 2016

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Planted some crops in Sanctuary and couldn't interact with them. I read it could be because they're too close together so went to move them and they started doing weird poo poo like falling through the ground and spinning. I haven't touched my mods or load order since starting this save. All I've got in my load order that has anything to do with settlements at all are Vanilla Extensions, Don't Call Me Settler, Better Settlers, Dialogue Settlers Fix, and Armorsmith Extended.

Is it one of those mods or is that a known bug?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

A patch just dropped, so F4SE is broken for the time being.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

gasman posted:

Finally. CIGARETTEINMOUTH by "I speak Japanese only".

at last, I can have this quality character in my game again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

at last, I can have this quality character in my game again.

Why is this anime dog smoking

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Falken posted:

why not?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

quote:

FIXES
General optimization and stability improvements
Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"

I was wondering why the stocks dont really work so well.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Well he's blowing smoke back into this own left eye for starters.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

GamingHyena posted:

Well he's blowing smoke back into this own left eye for starters.

That's not smoke, that's a scar.

On the subject of Snap'N'Build, is there a way to change the brick colors? Every exterior brick in the Real Estate section is white, and it seems odd that a mod with so many color choices and such wouldn't let you change those. I don't see anything in the Configurator stuff either.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Falken posted:

A patch just dropped, so F4SE is broken for the time being.

Yup. I'd set Fallout 4 to update itself only when I launch it to avoid this, but Steam still updates it of its own accord.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

7seven7 posted:

Yup. I'd set Fallout 4 to update itself only when I launch it to avoid this, but Steam still updates it of its own accord.

You can use the old EXE (removed, see below) but some of the map icons are jacked up using this method. I tried using the Interfaces.BA2 linked and the game just CTD before even getting to the main menu. Not sure if there are other incompatibilities. I wouldn't even be using F4SE if it weren't for Bethesda disabling cheevos whenever mods are enabled. :sigh:

edit: Here is a patch that works perfectly.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 5, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Most important part of the patch:

Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seriously lay off Jun guys, he's got legit issues.

Also, have you ever looked at the dead body of many a creature you have slayed and thought 'yeah, this would make a sweet hat/beach wear/shoulderpads for my suit!' well my friends, now you can kill them, eat them and wear your mutated animal foes with Skinning In The Commonwealth!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
We're there any other alternate start mods besides the one mentioned last page or was that the only good one? I'm probably going to have to overhaul my mod list because far harbor was on sale which means I need to get all the packages with far harbor compatability. :sigh:

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

You can use the old EXE (removed, see below) but some of the map icons are jacked up using this method. I tried using the Interfaces.BA2 linked and the game just CTD before even getting to the main menu. Not sure if there are other incompatibilities. I wouldn't even be using F4SE if it weren't for Bethesda disabling cheevos whenever mods are enabled. :sigh:

edit: Here is a patch that works perfectly.

Cheers. I'll give that a go.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

7seven7 posted:

Cheers. I'll give that a go.

I just dropped anything that was updated yesterday into my seperate install and it works ok, problem is, I have a mod that seperates all the settlement building stuff into a seperate thang at the end, so, I have to uninstall or update that to see my vaulty stuff.

Yeah, Icons are a mess still.

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 5, 2016

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Modular Kitchen

Nice working kitchen stuff.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SeanBeansShako posted:

Seriously lay off Jun guys, he's got legit issues.

Look, Jezebel assures me that killing people is the best way to solve their problems

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

staberind posted:

I just dropped anything that was updated yesterday into my seperate install and it works ok, problem is, I have a mod that seperates all the settlement building stuff into a seperate thang at the end, so, I have to uninstall or update that to see my vaulty stuff.

Yeah, Icons are a mess still.

Just update your game via steam to get to the latest version, copy the files, and run the batch file. It fixed the map icons for me. Only issue I ran into was I had to reinstall the dialogue UI mod I was using because the downgrade files don't have any changes made to them. Used NMM, right-clicked the mod, reinstalled, launched f4se and played for a few hours without any issues at all.

Can you just reinstall the mod or will it reset your changes entirely? I only have a few mods installed so if you're using a lot of them, they might all have to be reinstalled via your preferred mod manager.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

So, I haven't used Mod Organizer since Skyrim days.

Will anything I do in MO 2.0.7, including editing .ini files or installing loose files for mods, affect my FO4 base game install (Steam)? I'm looking to toy around with some test mods without changing anything in my base install.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Nope, MO2 works just like MO1. The only non-vanilla stuff in my fallout4 folder is F4SE and ENB.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Some dude is experimenting with an item condition mod which is currently in alpha!

Also, do you love Hockey Masks my friend? get a bunch of different looking ones hear for your sport/slasher needs!

7seven7
May 19, 2006

The new F4SE is up! I've had quite a few CTDs since installing it, though. Anyone else having issues?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The f4se release thread was reporting similar issues

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Falken posted:

The best part was that he was voiced by a human going "grr" and "arf"

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

7seven7 posted:

The new F4SE is up! I've had quite a few CTDs since installing it, though. Anyone else having issues?

Yep.

1. Launch the game through the Fallout launcher.
2. Walk around a bit.
3. Make a new save.
4. Launch with F4SE.
5. Profit!

Also users of ESP Explorer have noted issues specifically. Don't use it so can't really comment ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
I looked online a bunch on how to fix this but had no luck. Removed the ini files and it still does the same thing. I updated from Windows 7 to 10 and now when I go to the continue screen nothing happens. The game still plays the intro video, but nothing loads no savegame or anything. I did move all but 1 savegame and it does the same thing. Does this with or without mods.

When loading before on Win 7 it would load a lot, then a few seconds later load a large chunk of files. It doesnt seem to be loading the large chunk on 10. The Fallout version has not changed. I updated video card drivers, one drive isn't on.

Loaded all the mods from MO, tried with and without mods and the same thing happens.

mpyro fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 6, 2016