Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you've been following the recent drama around No Man's Sky (someone bought a stolen or otherwise street date broken copy of the game and has been posting about it), the guy who bought the game is a member of one of the top whale guilds in this game. So he's already predisposed to have more money than sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

If you've been following the recent drama around No Man's Sky (someone bought a stolen or otherwise street date broken copy of the game and has been posting about it), the guy who bought the game is a member of one of the top whale guilds in this game. So he's already predisposed to have more money than sense.

I had been following it. Utterly unsurprising that he's a gigantic whale.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
IGD Raid

JohnnyTreachery
Dec 7, 2000
before level 72 or so I didn't have any problems maintaining rank 20-40 in Arena, but now every day I'm knocked down to 130-150 on defense and spend all 5 battles crawling back up to the 90s. Did the meta shift without me noticing?

https://swgoh.gg/u/tek/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

JohnnyTreachery posted:

before level 72 or so I didn't have any problems maintaining rank 20-40 in Arena, but now every day I'm knocked down to 130-150 on defense and spend all 5 battles crawling back up to the 90s. Did the meta shift without me noticing?

https://swgoh.gg/u/tek/

Unless I'm reading something wrong, you're level 75, and your dudes are level 65-69. I'm guessing there are people in your shard already to 80? Max those dudes and their abilities and you'll be doing better.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Uh well switch out Lumi for Rey. Healers are very anti-meta in the arena!

You will probably need gear 9+ to get to the sharp end as well.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Haha yes I just swapped out Poggle for Chief Nebit Jawa Legend and it's beautiful. Seriously my droid team looks much better without grandpa flying lizard rat and his stick of doom.

Nebit's gangbang move is hilarious, especially when the IG brothers tagteam in.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Only 10 more shards til Han Solo. Hopefully we should have enough for another raid tuesday...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Here is to hoping the patch due next week does not fix node 12 bug :ohdear:

Also, not sure if this is new but I did not notice it before: swhog.gg has some of the gold gear datamined:

:suicide:

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 1, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"Used by 79 characters."

Oh. Please no :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

"Used by 79 characters."

Oh. Please no :(

Well, the 75/79 characters are ALL the characters that need those items...and basically everyone needs a carbanti or scanner at some point. Because it isn't in the game yet, we have no idea who will need this next level of scanner...

Also, I would recommend saving up on those binocs...although if you need 50 droid callers for every 50 of those...I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'm guessing the mk5 athakams will drop from new raid? 60 isn't too bad (given current raid gear is 50), but i wouldn't be surprised if they jack that up to 100 before release...because CG sucks.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

If you get enough shards for someone and they're bronzium characters, but it's not someone you care about, don't activate them immediately. If you get them for free from bronzium, you keep all the shards that you would have used to activate them, and you can boost their star level a little quicker. If you activate them first, and then you get a free character, you get far fewer shards. I believe you get 13 for a two star character, instead of the 25 that it takes to activate one yourself.

I just got a free Jedi Knight Guardian, and I had 38 shards sitting there, waiting to be activated. I immediately turned around and got her a third star, and I have 13 shards already set towards a fourth star.

Hope this helps someone!

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Mr. Neutron posted:

Here is to hoping the patch due next week does not fix node 12 bug :ohdear:

Also, not sure if this is new but I did not notice it before: swhog.gg has some of the gold gear datamined:

:suicide:

Hopefully the stats on that thing are not finished yet because why the hell would anyone cough up a lung in gear for that

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

If you get enough shards for someone and they're bronzium characters, but it's not someone you care about, don't activate them immediately. If you get them for free from bronzium, you keep all the shards that you would have used to activate them, and you can boost their star level a little quicker. If you activate them first, and then you get a free character, you get far fewer shards. I believe you get 13 for a two star character, instead of the 25 that it takes to activate one yourself.

I just got a free Jedi Knight Guardian, and I had 38 shards sitting there, waiting to be activated. I immediately turned around and got her a third star, and I have 13 shards already set towards a fourth star.

Hope this helps someone!

Yup, I am currently doing this with Plo Koon and someone else.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hope this helps someone!

I'm not sure how or why, but about two weeks ago I pulled Daka from bronzium, and got 32 shards. Two days ago I pulled RG, but got a normal amount of bonus shards (7).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

SUBFRIES posted:

I'm not sure how or why, but about two weeks ago I pulled Daka from bronzium, and got 32 shards. Two days ago I pulled RG, but got a normal amount of bonus shards (7).

You get an amount based on what star they unlock at. 1* is 6 or 7, 2* is 10-15, don't know what 3* is, and 4* is 32.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I am going to repeat do not spend money on this game.

So tab was playing on a guest account and did not know it. She spent some google bucks on the game right before her emu dies. She emails support asks for a refund on the 21 day crystal pack she bought the day before. They tell her the account can not be recovered. So she says fine starts playing on a Google play account. They said they would credit her the crystals and she say ok. Here is where poo poo starts to go wrong. They credit the crystals to the dead guest account. <- this bit somehow means she must be escalated. So they escalate her case dude says ok np done your credited the crystals sorry for the error. Whoops he credited it to the dead account. This loving comedy of errors goes on for 2 WEEKS at the end of which they say hey we got everything fixed. She logs in account looks weird as poo poo and it is in the tutorial. So she gets back with the support guy and he says oh just play through the tutorial and your good. This was Friday night, the loving tutorial breaks at the 2nd or 3rd step. She is also level 80(was 48) has no credits. Back to support... closed. Send a email back to the last guy who :airquote:fixed:airquote: it. Still waiting for them to unfuck this somehow.

So Uhh yeah something nicer to say. My aoe death squad is coming along nicely. I am going to try 88 (l), Lando, ani, Vader and RG. I figure with all that aoe plus crits adding dots I can get some beefy Saber throws. Just need to gear up Vader and get another star on ani and I am ready.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

I am going to repeat do not spend money on this game.

So tab was playing on a guest account and did not know it. She spent some google bucks on the game right before her emu dies. She emails support asks for a refund on the 21 day crystal pack she bought the day before. They tell her the account can not be recovered. So she says fine starts playing on a Google play account. They said they would credit her the crystals and she say ok. Here is where poo poo starts to go wrong. They credit the crystals to the dead guest account. <- this bit somehow means she must be escalated. So they escalate her case dude says ok np done your credited the crystals sorry for the error. Whoops he credited it to the dead account. This loving comedy of errors goes on for 2 WEEKS at the end of which they say hey we got everything fixed. She logs in account looks weird as poo poo and it is in the tutorial. So she gets back with the support guy and he says oh just play through the tutorial and your good. This was Friday night, the loving tutorial breaks at the 2nd or 3rd step. She is also level 80(was 48) has no credits. Back to support... closed. Send a email back to the last guy who :airquote:fixed:airquote: it. Still waiting for them to unfuck this somehow.

If not for how utterly hosed this is, I would be laughing. This reminds me of the time when Comcast forgot to link my old house from my new house, and for whatever reason, this meant that I would lose online access to my account EVERY SINGLE loving MONTH. I would have to get on with customer support, sit through their offers and everything, tell them no every single time, and then wait for them to "refresh" my account, whatever the gently caress that meant. Finally, on one random such encounter -- I'd slowly been building my anger, and expressing how frustrating it was to do this every time, after about 7-8 months you get really pissed -- a service tech said, oh, your account is still linked to your old home, do you still live there? No...Oh, ok, I'll just unlink that and you shouldn't have problems anymore.

Seriously, gently caress comcast, and gently caress CG.

Also, we've had a little discussion about how with guild schedules now it's a little bit harder to finish 600 guild coins per day (we're clearing about 22k per day in IGD, which means we're doing a raid every 3rd day...), but if you plan it out, you can do it pretty well. Obviously if you're a login once or twice a day kind of person, this becomes a little bit harder, but you can plan to use your cantina energy and refresh around your light/hard/dark days to still get 600 per day.

Example, Monday night/tuesday morning is Light day. So, Tuesday morning you login, use all your regular energy, use your refreshes, and try to get as close to 0 energy available as possible when you hit 7:30 PM Pacific time. After 7:30, you use your 120-130 cantina energy, plus a refresh. This is 240 total energy spent. Wednesday morning, you do that again, bringing you up to 480 cantina energy spent by 7:30 Wednesday evening. You get 45 energy after 7:30 Wednesday evening (unless you're in the UK), plus enough natural energy/energy recharges before Wednesday's rollover to Hard energy to reach the extra 120.

If you aren't doing one cantina refresh per day, this gets a lot harder to break 600, but it's just a thought. However, everyone using their 600 energy per day will generate more guild currency for each player than each player trying to maximize their daily guild coins -- raids give several days worth of guild coins, so doing 3 raids instead of 2 raids in a week is a pretty big difference.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 2, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't play Pokemon Go but the similarities to CG are eerie:

quote:

An unannounced app update over the weekend removed the game's malfunctioning tracking feature and simultaneously blocked third-party tools that helped players hunt down Pokémon and calculate their potential strengths.

quote:

The changes were not welcomed by the community.

quote:

In response to the changes - and to the lack of communication from developer Niantic - players requested refunds for their in-app purchases and flooded the app with negative reviews.

:v:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Hey guys, you know all those credits you spent on Scoundrels? Well, don't worry, that was totally and completely worth it....

In other news, 88, STH, and G Guard will be Scoundrels, starting next week. Have fun!

They'll be one but not the other? But, uh, ST Han is one of the Rebels I need for the mystery upcoming event? Also, what does that do to droid teams?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

They'll be one but not the other? But, uh, ST Han is one of the Rebels I need for the mystery upcoming event? Also, what does that do to droid teams?

No, they'll be both, like Lando. 88 will be Scoundrel + Droid, STH will be Scoundrel + Rebel.

e: Raid time bitches.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 3, 2016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wow that's actually huge for me right now, I've been working on a Scoundrel build but really didn't wanna use Chewbaca as my tank. IG-88 and STH I always wondered why they weren't scoundrel to begin with.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Popete posted:

Wow that's actually huge for me right now, I've been working on a Scoundrel build but really didn't wanna use Chewbaca as my tank. IG-88 and STH I always wondered why they weren't scoundrel to begin with.

The answer to anything that doesn't make sense or work when it comes to this game is "The developers are awful at everything in life."

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Asajj should be Sith too, yet she ain't :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

hngkong posted:

The answer to anything that doesn't make sense or work when it comes to this game is "The developers are awful at everything in life."

Actually, apparently for tags, they have to ask Disney.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Actually, apparently for tags, they have to ask Disney.

I wonder what job the guy at Disney who deals with this aspect is called?

"Hey can we like, make this sith lady a sith classified character?"

"No"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

I wonder what job the guy at Disney who deals with this aspect is called?

"Hey can we like, make this sith lady a sith classified character?"

"No"

My bud who worked on the Kabam star wars game told me about the meetings they had with lucasarts/disney. There was a guy whose sole job it was to approve/veto everything character related that they wanted to do in the game. They were told to change characters outfits because they were 'too nabooish' and asinine poo poo like that.

Now what I understand is that they probably could have made ST HAN & IG-88 scoundrels+whatever when the game was first being created, but they hosed up and so those characters were approved as whatever. Now to change it they have to get permission.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

My bud who worked on the Kabam star wars game told me about the meetings they had with lucasarts/disney. There was a guy whose sole job it was to approve/veto everything character related that they wanted to do in the game. They were told to change characters outfits because they were 'too nabooish' and asinine poo poo like that.

Now what I understand is that they probably could have made ST HAN & IG-88 scoundrels+whatever when the game was first being created, but they hosed up and so those characters were approved as whatever. Now to change it they have to get permission.

Wow.

So like, Disney has a professional Star Wars Lore Nerd on staff? How the gently caress do I get their job.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

So like, Disney has a professional Star Wars Lore Nerd on staff?

I think I could win at that job. Why don't I have that job?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

iGestalt posted:

Wow.

So like, Disney has a professional Star Wars Lore Nerd on staff? How the gently caress do I get their job.

tbh it's probably more of a marketing/branding gig than it is someing lore centric. Presumably there is a fuckoff massive series bible at Disney for Star Wars and some poor soul has to ensure that all Star Wars branded poo poo adheres to it. They sure as gently caress aren't just going to give that info to clown shoes dev Capital Games and hope they work out so Disney has an actual grown up to take care of that.

E: That approval process makes me wonder about (potential cartoon spoilers) Ahsoka being a night sister at first. At one of the recent big events they outlined what her story was going to be before Clone Wars got cancelled and I wonder if at the point when CG first got the approval they were still going off of that and were going to make her affiliated with the Night Sisters in the last season (who by the end of Clone Wars were pretty much all dead).

Jibo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 3, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

Wow.

Yea dude. That dude Pablo Hidalgo is like the main lore nerd for Disney/Lucasfilms. There is also some other guy who runs the 'holocron' or whatever compendium of knowledge they use that kind of took over PAblo's job when he became a part of the story team.

Thats like the dream job for any nerd, know so much about stupid poo poo like star wars background characters that you get a job where your only responsibility is going 'actually...'

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jibo posted:

tbh it's probably more of a marketing/branding gig than it is someing lore centric. Presumably there is a fuckoff massive series bible at Disney for Star Wars and some poor soul has to ensure that all Star Wars branded poo poo adheres to it. They sure as gently caress aren't just going to give that info to clown shoes dev Capital Games and hope they work out so Disney has an actual grown up to take care of that.

Honestly, for some people that'd be their dream job. I suspect it's probably a copyright Lawyer doing it, though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

Honestly, for some people that'd be their dream job. I suspect it's probably a copyright Lawyer doing it, though.

They weren't/aren't.

Here is another anecdote from my friend

quote:

Also they were clearly the videogame nerd council. Cause we had a cinematic of a low flying tie fighter, and they were like "tie fighters can't do that" and it was pointed out they do it in Rebels and they were like "Yeah Rebels is making a lot of new rules" sarcastically agitated

They are literally just nerds! Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerds!! Pablo Hidalgo now has an impressive title, but he was really just a guy that happened to know a lot about star wars and now he is a "Creative / Story Development Executive."

A very similar thing happened with 'Game of Thrones' where they had Bryan Cogman as a kind of lore master and he eventually became a writer/producer.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

They weren't/aren't.

Here is another anecdote from my friend

They are literally just nerds! Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerds!! Pablo Hidalgo now has an impressive title, but he was really just a guy that happened to know a lot about star wars and now he is a "Creative / Story Development Executive."

A very similar thing happened with 'Game of Thrones' where they had Bryan Cogman as a kind of lore master and he eventually became a writer/producer.

Hahaha.

That's really great. What a dream job.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If you sperg hard enough, all of your dreams will come true.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4vzz8x/update_notes_852016/

here are some highlights:

quote:

Update notes 8/5/2016
The Omega Battles event returns on August 6th and 7th. Get your Jawas, Ewoks, First Order and Empire characters ready for this weekend event to earn those rare Ability Material Omega pieces.
Saturday, August 6th will require Empire & Ewok characters
Sunday, August 7th will require First Order & Jawas.
The Sunday Guild activity “This Should Be Easy, Right?” has been changed from completing Cantina Battles to spending Cantina Energy.
The Daily activity “Battle Hardened” now counts any battle that uses Cantina Energy.

Count Dooku, Asajj Ventriss, B2 Super Battle Droid, Nute Gunray, Geonosian Soldier, Geonosian Spy, Poggle the Lesser, General Grievous, IG-100 MagnaGuard and Sun Fac now have the “Separatist” Tag. No changes for these characters are being introduced at this time. In the future, these characters may be updated to utilize this affiliation or to adjust their existing kits to provide synergy.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wish the loving empire event would come back. I want my Vadar shards.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We're losing people in IGD, and are down to a T7 about every three days. If you're interested in giving T7 raids a try, lemme know. We run it at 9 AM Pacific when we have the coins, and it usually runs until about 5 PM

Additionally, I know you all want Han shards, but please only attack once per raid.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Hughlander posted:

Wish the loving empire event would come back. I want my Vadar shards.

Same. I'm 2/100 on Vader right now and I haven't touched it (but am now ready for it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

We're losing people in IGD, and are down to a T7 about every three days. If you're interested in giving T7 raids a try, lemme know. We run it at 9 AM Pacific when we have the coins, and it usually runs until about 5 PM

Sure, I'll bite. 912-827-926