Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
I wouldn't directly equate Trumpenstaffel with Tea Partiers. Sure, there's a lot of overlap, but Cruz is a Tea Partier, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Trump just said at Daytona Beach rally that if he were President that the Navy hostages would have gotten back faster.

Now he says taxes are through the roof and Hilary wants to increase taxes. I thought the only president in history to issue an income tax stimulus payment was Obama. Oh, well.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BeefThief posted:

Trump just blamed 9/11 on Hillary at his rally in Daytona.

Can he stop for like 2 seconds? The "he's a narcissist who's crashing super-hard" theory seems more and more likely by the day.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Civilized Fishbot posted:

holy poo poo, imagine not taking the money

I mean, I think the briber underestimates the value of the information. If proven that could more than make a career/company.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Radish posted:

Evangelicals like Trump too because they are mega racist as well.

Yup. They went away with the fall of the KKK, and with LGBTQ coming up, they found a new boogie man to latch on to.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Paul MaudDib posted:

Obama's stimulus plan was massively smaller than was recommended by Keynesian economists, he was bargained down by Rahm Emanuel (then Chief of Staff) before the plan even got to Congress and they bargained it down further from there. Obama was also stupid enough to think that he could ask for more at a future date when it was perfectly clear from Day 1 that he was going to get exactly one shot at stimulus.

Of course you can't fault Obama for creating the 2008 crisis or anything like that, but you can certainly fault his responses to it as timid and naieve. And for selecting Rahm as CoS.
One thing about the 2009 stimulus is transportation funds sent to states were often used to cover budget shortfalls instead of generating new infrastructure jobs. For example, if a state got 1 billion for transportation then they adjusted their own transportation budget down by 1 billion to cover the rest of the budget.

Growth was stymied but it stopped the bleeding.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

BeefThief posted:

Trump just blamed 9/11 on Hillary at his rally in Daytona.

No way. I'm going to need a clip of that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Personally I think we really need to look at Hillary Clinton's fault in World War II. Why didn't she stop Hitler in advance?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Goatman Sacks posted:

So I keep hearing about these Iranian "hostages" - were they innocent and we traded known spies for them, or were they probably guilty as poo poo and rightfully arrested?

one was a journalist who probably wasn't up to anything, one was a former marine who did intel and was in iran visiting relatives for ramadan, one was a pastor trying to build an orphanage, one was a student who probably wandered across the border stupidly, and there was another guy who is probably a chronic liar and general weirdo

iran is still holding a guy who probably has CIA connections

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
She also founded ISIS. https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760929433884778496

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Le Saboteur posted:

Giant Iron Cross on stage at this Trump Rally for some reason. https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760923700858413060

this is like the inverse of when freepers thought obama was introducing a 'new american flag' and then it turned out he was just speaking in front of an ohio flag

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Ahahaha the crawl on the youtube scrawl says "Join r/TheDonald, the largest online Trump site."

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So someone on my facebook made this following comment about Khan being an immigration lawyer who's 'under threat by Trumps new immigration laws' "0We both know this, but unfortunately, a majority don't... Or don't care. Instead, they are hung up on Trump's supposed lack of sympathy for the "sacrifices" this man has made! ...vomit!"

I am so not sure how to even react to this sort of thing.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

because his brain is disabled.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hillary's Stand Down order is the the true Original Sin, and as such she is responsible for all Evil in the world past present and future.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cimber posted:

So someone on my facebook made this following comment about Khan being an immigration lawyer who's 'under threat by Trumps new immigration laws' "0We both know this, but unfortunately, a majority don't... Or don't care. Instead, they are hung up on Trump's supposed lack of sympathy for the "sacrifices" this man has made! ...vomit!"

I am so not sure how to even react to this sort of thing.

unfollow/defriend

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ManlyGrunting posted:

You, you're kidding, right? You absolutely have to be kidding. No way he would be that dumb.
Sure, why not? How many people did Bush get to believe that Saddam was to blame for 9/11 without actually saying it?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I hope everyone's brain is prepared for this quote from Trump's current rambling

quote:

Wouldn't it be embarrassing to lose to Crooked Hillary Clinton? Wouldn't that be terrible?

please loving bask in it

I'm sorry for unleashing a tactical schadenfreude strike on USPol, forgive my act of terror.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
She's a loving antivaxer and HUUUUGE anti-common core type too. Her posts are both incredibly funny and incredibly stupid.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

No way. I'm going to need a clip of that.

It was right before him saying that she should get an award from ISIS. Like, the sentence before. Something to the effect of we've got weak leaders and Hillary is the worst, look at Orlando, look at San Bernadino, look at the World Trade Center. If I can get a clip in here I will.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

If you thought that Obama's White House Correspondent's Dinner speeches were good, President Hillary Clinton's are going to be legendary.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cimber posted:

She's a loving antivaxer and HUUUUGE anti-common core type too. Her posts are both incredibly funny and incredibly stupid.

there's no point in arguing with this person if they don't base their arguments or worldview at least in part on a rational consideration of facts. best you can do is limit how much exposure you have to their opinions, depending on how obnoxious they are to you

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Cimber posted:

Is this person important to you? If not unfollow or unfriend.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

one was a journalist who probably wasn't up to anything, one was a former marine who did intel and was in iran visiting relatives for ramadan, one was a pastor trying to build an orphanage, one was a student who probably wandered across the border stupidly, and there was another guy who is probably a chronic liar and general weirdo

iran is still holding a guy who probably has CIA connections

I thought there was some deal with that Pastor that was fishy - like trying to form a religious resistance movement or something.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

there's no point in arguing with this person if they don't base their arguments or worldview at least in part on a rational consideration of facts. best you can do is limit how much exposure you have to their opinions, depending on how obnoxious they are to you

Ah hell no. I said something once political in one of her pro trump rants and she totally ignored what i actually said and argued what she imagined i said. The stupid, it burns.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

ReidRansom posted:

because his brain is disabled.

The President cant do that.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Cimber posted:

Follow their madness. Just don't be actual real life friends with them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hillary did do 9/11, in a way.

If she had satisfied her husband he wouldn't have gone elsewhere, wouldn't have had the whole Lewinsky scandal, and then when he was trying to kill Osama Bin Laden he wouldn't have been accused of wagging the dog and had opposition force him to stop his quest. And Al Gore would have used him and been elected and paid attention to security memos and 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

So really, the entire Bush administration and right wing rise is all Hillary Clinton's fault because she can't sexually satisfy a man. - DJT

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

loving dammit she skipped the magic number

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
USPOL August: The Vindication of Prester Jane by the Narcissist Donald Trump

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Meat Recital posted:

The President cant do that.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm saying Trump would get Julius Caesar'd under the 25th by his own administration.

Under the 25th, the VP and the heads of the executive departments can all get together and declare the president unfit to perform his duties, which the president can challenge and undo, and then the VP et al can do it again and it goes to congress who at that point would probably remove him.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

sean10mm posted:

Please someone make this a title. Possibly of Prester Janes own thread.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

sean10mm posted:

*sustained applause, yelling*

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

sean10mm posted:

:vince:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ReidRansom posted:

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm saying Trump would get Julius Caesar'd under the 25th by his own administration.

Under the 25th, the VP and the heads of the executive departments can all get together and declare the president unfit to perform his duties, which the president can challenge and undo, and then the VP et al can do it again and it goes to congress who at that point would probably remove him.

That would be a radical usage.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Again noting that if anyone wants to see Trump high off his balls then watch his current rambling, a brief selection of quotes lifted from c-spam:

quote:

"This guy's a Democrat, he's voting for me, which is shocking because he's wrong about a lot of things"

quote:

"Wouldn't it be embarrassing to lose to Crooked Hillary Clinton? Wouldn't that be terrible?"

quote:

"I turn on the television...I wanna watch, cereal, a cereal, Kellogg's or something!"

quote:

"When the World Trade Center came down I said 'NICE! Reeaaaal nice!'"

Do you want to see a man lose his loving mind on national television?

EDIT:

quote:

"I spend millions of dollars on ramps... I am a tremendous fan"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 3, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

He's doubling down on literally everything in the ad with Trump on the TV and the kids watching. loving batshit crazy man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2e8273S03E

e: he just commanded the crowd to give him credit for something to do with the Brexit vote and they applauded. He's ODing on supply.

BeefThief fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 3, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Apparently this is about "setting the record straight" on his gaffes, which to Trump translates to TRY TO REFUTE EVERY SINGLE THING HILLARY HAS EVER SAID ABOUT ME

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Does anyone have any actual policy plans Trump wants to put into place to make America 'great' again?

Beyond building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, and beyond banning Muslims from the country, what are his goals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Yinlock posted:

"When the World Trade Center came down I said 'NICE! Reeaaaal nice!'"

:wtc:

• Locked thread