Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
The FAMAS is good to shoot at people who've been shot up already while you prowl around looking for a dropped M4 or AK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I use the famas a fair amount, often if someone needs a drop and I can afford M4 and a Famas (but not 2 M4s) I will take the famas and give the m4 away because I'm better with the famas than most other people are. It's not a great gun, but it's not complete poo poo, I try not to spray with it, pop off 3-5 round bursts then move.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Still don't know why people don't just pistol round 2

Yes let's give them SMGs which are incredibly good in this game

Or an AK. Holy guacamole

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Xenaero posted:

Still don't know why people don't just pistol round 2

Yes let's give them SMGs which are incredibly good in this game

Or an AK. Holy guacamole

I find I can reliably hold a site with another guy if I'm using UMP, light some fools up with spray and then pull my pistol and finish them off if I didn't and my partner hasn't already. 5-7/tec9 gets a little more dicey when 5 guys explode through the door at once.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I armor pistol a lot too because I believe in pistol power

Basically every gun is OP except rifles

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MF_James posted:

I find I can reliably hold a site with another guy if I'm using UMP, light some fools up with spray and then pull my pistol and finish them off if I didn't and my partner hasn't already. 5-7/tec9 gets a little more dicey when 5 guys explode through the door at once.

I would agree with this, however usually two people hold each site on round 2 if they're not gimmicking. You can easily get some picks off with even a P250. On the flip side, you can easily overwhelm a single and sometimes two opponents using only pistols and claim their SMGs to eliminate the rest of them. That's a tough retake then, eh?

All good if you do it, I personally believe the risks outweigh the benefiets most of the time. That and I'll scavenge a primary if I can during the round anyway. :twentyfour:

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Xenaero posted:

I would agree with this, however usually two people hold each site on round 2 if they're not gimmicking. You can easily get some picks off with even a P250. On the flip side, you can easily overwhelm a single and sometimes two opponents using only pistols and claim their SMGs to eliminate the rest of them. That's a tough retake then, eh?

All good if you do it, I personally believe the risks outweigh the benefiets most of the time. That and I'll scavenge a primary if I can during the round anyway. :twentyfour:

Yeah I can see both arguments. I'm just bad and need the UMP crutch to hold sites reliably.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've been doing the pp bizon second round because 1. Getting killed by an airsoft gun is hilarious and 2. It's loud as gently caress

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 3, 2016

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Does FAMAS burst fire still have that inherent inaccuracy?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Audax posted:

Does FAMAS burst fire still have that inherent inaccuracy?

burstfire is bad, whether it has inaccuracy or not (I don't know if it does or not), it was passable in 1.6 but in CSGO it's awful.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
VALVE IS RUINIGN THIS GAME 1 PATCH AT A TIME

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/08/15304/

quote:

Today we’re shipping a new accuracy recovery method and new recovery rates for the AK-47, M4A1-S, and M4A4. The goal is to allow players to develop and express their skill using a variety of methods of firing a weapon, by increasing the effectiveness of tapping/bursting relative to that of spraying.

:vince:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress do those words even loving mean

does this mean i can "express" my will to be a god of cs and not suck anymore

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

motherfucker

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the gently caress does that even mean? does my accuracy have feelings?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

the gently caress does that even mean? does my accuracy have feelings?

From the small graphs they produced for the AK-47 here it looks like its just a fancy way of saying "we buffed tapping and nerfed longer sprays"

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They're talking about our one taps again?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Looks good. Their graphs make it look very minor for now, not necessarily a bad sign.

One thing I don't get is that according to the graph, bullet accuracy while making equally spaced taps is on a very slight wave. Why the hell would that be? The 6th tap is more accurate than the 5th but less accurate than the 7th?? Out of all your bullets, your 4th and 7th tap are now the most significantly more accurate.

what

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Did they not learn the last time??

jfc I just got my ak spray passable.

edit: doesn't look too severe, but, why??? it wasn't really a problem, and tapping still will be disfavored due to first round inaccuracy. all this does is make spaying marginally worse.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 4, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Does anyone have new information details on the second shot update that just came out??

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

Did they not learn the last time??

jfc I just got my ak spray passable.

edit: doesn't look too severe, but, why??? it wasn't really a problem, and tapping still will be disfavored due to first round inaccuracy. all this does is make spaying marginally worse.

this change is basically objectively good. spraying is too strong as it is. this makes tapping and controlled bursts more viable.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

rip ak spray god me

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
The day before ESEA playoffs. Wonderful.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
just going to assume if i dont pay attention at all to this i'll continue to wreck house >:)

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yeah it looks like for the amount of bullets that one can reasonably expect to spray, the changes will be negligible to superior. I'm terrified of the 4 shot spray downs coming from d2 pit

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The day before ESEA playoffs. Wonderful.

Presumably they'd just use the old patch.

Seems like there's always an event around the corner, there's not really an off-season for Valve to push out patches.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Turk is talking about the playoff series he is about to win, not about pro play. They actually picked a really good time for this update as it relates to the biggest events and teams

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
HAHA GET hosed SPRAYLORDS

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I really hate it when three/four mans in comp don't use team voice and then get mad at you for not knowing what they're planning.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Xenaero posted:

HAHA GET hosed SPRAYLORDS

thank you based SGod

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

exethan posted:

Turk is talking about the playoff series he is about to win, not about pro play. They actually picked a really good time for this update as it relates to the biggest events and teams

Yeah I think I was thinking of ESL or something :shobon:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
ahah ahahaha ahahahhahahaahaa

https://twitter.com/OnFireMoses/status/761057948562886657

yesssss

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/csgolounge/discussions/8/360671247405433366/

It's been 10 days since the C&D, :rip: lounge?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

quote:

-=XxX=- 3 Aug @ 6:46am
How back item now ?

How back item indeed, fellow player -=XxX=-.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

:kheldragar:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

whats the verdict on the new patch? I suppose they didn't change spraying on the loving smgs at all?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
As predicited, Simple joins navi..

http://www.hltv.org/news/18359-s1mple-replaces-zeus-in-navi

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

What a totally unexpected move that wasn't teased by s1mple for at least a week.

e: I wonder where Zeus will go now. Maybe replace B1ad3 in Flipsid3?

symbolic fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 4, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I thought they'd already announced that officially, dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

symbolic posted:

e: I wonder where Zeus will go now. Maybe replace B1ad3 in Flipsid3?

b1ad3 is flipside