Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Firstborn posted:

What's better is in recent games he achieved the perfect fat accumulation and percentage to optimize power and speed. Turns out buff dudes are doing it wrong (if you like to punch people with your belly button). Bob owns.

E: his fighting style is also that "tricking karate" you see that is gymnastics with sweet roundhouses when you pass by one of the ESPN channels in the double digits.

"I'm gonna get super fat and flashkick a bear" is a respectable life decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't Rufus fat for the same reasons or am I making that up

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Microsoft actually lifted the restriction for cross play, so there is no reason tekkan can't use it between all 3 platforms.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://clips.twitch.tv/pr_balrog/AverageJellyfishPRChase

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
So I know that the answer is "Play Guilty Gear instead" but I switched from Ken to Necalli because he's definitely less complex and easier to pick up for a FG idiot. How do I not be poo poo at Necalli?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Surprise T Rex posted:

So I know that the answer is "Play Guilty Gear instead" but I switched from Ken to Necalli because he's definitely less complex and easier to pick up for a FG idiot. How do I not be poo poo at Necalli?

Stomps, more stomps, don't do the charge thing unless your opponent is too retarded to punish it, more stomps, learn your meaties, more stomps.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Surprise T Rex posted:

Learn basic combos into v skill, use those early in the round to gain v trigger quickly.

Get consistent at anti-airing with MP DP

Against characters without a DP, abuse jump-in dive kick which will beat a lot of their anti-airs

Wakeup jab xx v trigger is busted, you get a full combo off it if they mistime their meaty.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Jack Trades posted:

SFV was always secretly a 3D fighter but nobody has noticed it yet.

Know what else is secretly 3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWO6iDefd-g

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Help Im Alive posted:

Isn't Rufus fat for the same reasons or am I making that up

I think that just might be because he is American. He is a strong design, though. He has that kung fu master beard, but it incorporates a biker handlebar 'stache. His suit is Bruce Lee but also biker. His moves are unique looking but are also callbacks to how Capcom does kung fu in their games. He interacts with Ken which increases Ken's little circle (he doesn't get a whole lot besides Sean) He is great in his own way.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Rufus was a good character with a cool theme

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was talking about fighting games though. Not party games.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

RIP Rufus. You're divekicking onto Jesus' crouch tech in heaven now.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I cant have fun in capcom fighters without some stupid air move.
I miss Rufus so much, even if I couldn't do links and just went for HP/Grab/Divekick after contact.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

play marvel
https://a.pomf.cat/adfucb.webm

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I have no idea how to embed an HnK infinite video, but I want to make a Feredyun post with one and see if anyone even notices the difference.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
these marvel videos don't represent the real marvel 3 experience, neither player is spending the entire time trying to be above the other player at a roughly 45% angle and then attacking with a dive move/downward air dash/projectile

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

darealkooky posted:

these marvel videos don't represent the real marvel 3 experience, neither player is spending the entire time trying to be above the other player at a roughly 45% angle and then attacking with a dive move/downward air dash/projectile

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I think Cammy is easily top 5 material in this game. I still have no solid answer to her divekicks. Whenever I try to anti-air the non-ex with a normal, half the time I trade. If it's ex then I am truly hosed. I don't think I have as much trouble with any character who wants to jump in on me than I do with Cammy. I feel like I have to play in a completely retarded fashion to get around the divekicks, doing jump-back jab the instant I see her take to the air, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I think Cammy is easily top 5 material in this game. I still have no solid answer to her divekicks. Whenever I try to anti-air the non-ex with a normal, half the time I trade. If it's ex then I am truly hosed. I don't think I have as much trouble with any character who wants to jump in on me than I do with Cammy. I feel like I have to play in a completely retarded fashion to get around the divekicks, doing jump-back jab the instant I see her take to the air, etc.

Daigo parries cannon strike on reaction its epic.
Its so funny how powerless she is to get in against good defense if you shut it down.

Maybe jmcroft would make a video on beating it

Im gravitating away from maining cammy recently. She hits hard but doesnt hit hard enough for my scrub rear end dropping combos. I also use her gimmicks to get in way too much further putting me behind when they get caught. I watched like 20 losses over to realize these easy to see things so it feels like an accomplishment

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 4, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The Gorp posted:

I have no idea how to embed an HnK infinite video, but I want to make a Feredyun post with one and see if anyone even notices the difference.

play marvel
https://a.pomf.cat/xxapba.webm

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Anyone want a ft10? I'm on now. Psn is magicsword_1, in SFv I'm just magicsword.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Firstborn posted:

Anyone want a ft10? I'm on now. Psn is magicsword_1, in SFv I'm just magicsword.

play me in rivals of aether, with patch .15 coming in a few days, gamer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Countblanc posted:

Melee with [not pokemons]

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I would rather play SFV than Marvel 3.

Necalli is fun.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

ive actually been wanting to play that again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

Necalli is fun.

play marvel????

https://a.pomf.cat/knuoes.webm

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Necalli is fun.

play marvel
https://a.pomf.cat/eczunq.webm

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Yup thats the video. Thanks a ton Dias.
Also Tears of the Black Tiger is a glorious thing that should be made a mandatory viewing for high-school students.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 4, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is Marvel what happens when you know that combo breakers only exist in games where combo systems are total poo poo but you also don't take any effort to make a decent combo system?
Cause all I've seen from Marvel is that they dial in seemingly endless combos while the other person hopes they'll drop it at some point before they die of old age, and that there's a metal guy that's apparently good at zoning that everyone hates because nobody who plays Marcel knows what zoning is, or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zoning is marvel is like ultra zoning, it is a zoning beyond your normal babby comprehensions of zoning

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Is Marvel what happens when you know that combo breakers only exist in games where combo systems are total poo poo but you also don't take any effort to make a decent combo system?
Cause all I've seen from Marvel is that they dial in seemingly endless combos while the other person hopes they'll drop it at some point before they die of old age, and that there's a metal guy that's apparently good at zoning that everyone hates because nobody who plays Marcel knows what zoning is, or something.

But ChrisG isn't metal at all.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

guilty gear's combo system is perfect, actually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah bursts are cool. there's an interesting mindgame element to them and they add a lot of depth ot the game

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Marvel is what happens when you wanna lowkey play an anime game

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

Pomp posted:

guilty gear's combo system is perfect, actually

If its perfect why do I keep getting c.s when its too far to connect vs Johnnys fat rear end

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Bursts can be done well or lovely same as any other game mechanic

For an example of lovely bursts see MKX

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

AnonSpore posted:

Bursts can be done well or lovely same as any other game mechanic

For an example of lovely bursts see MKX

for another example, tvc

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
almost everything that people complain about in marvel 3 is a reaction to people having the opposite complaint in tvc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

darealkooky posted:

almost everything that people complain about in marvel 3 is a reaction to people having the opposite complaint in tvc

my favorite way to tell if someone is a moron is if they want bursts in marvel

hmm yes i want zero/magneto/morrigan/hulk/literally any annoying as gently caress character thats hard to hit to burst out of my combo surely this will be offset by me bursting their combo into a losing situation