Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khorne
May 1, 2002

a7m2 posted:

i feel bad for him but he's a loving doormat too. lol at him apologising to his dad
I'd still be friends with my dad. Takes two to cheat, and he wasn't in a relationship with his dad. Practically did him a favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

genuinely? his dad is a loving scumbag. you don't sleep with the wife or girlfriend of someone you're close to in general but it's even worse if you're that person's father (figure)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Never talk to your father again, or Eiffel tower some slore, tough call.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

tbh I probably would have broken my dad's jaw when he came over to reconcile. That may not be the right reaction but Jesus Christ it's better than apologizing to him.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

ubachung posted:

It's actually more pathetic that you all drop by to insult people who use the ignore function. Maybe you should stop giving a poo poo about what other people read on the internet.

Being forced to see someone's comments after withdrawing your consent is intellectual rape

BF (26 M) trying to break up with me for racist reason (black ex-FWB), I (23 F) don't think it's a legitimate reason

quote:

Sorry if this is a little incoherent, I'm having trouble thinking straight from anger and depression.

I've been dating my BF for a month. I knew he (let's call him Eric) has an intensely jealous personality, and I know he has a lot of incorrect politial opinions (always talking about "responsibility" and handwaving away systematic injustices, and he acts like all feminists are "feminazis"). He's also kind of sex-negative and despises the idea of "casual sex" (his term). Besides that, he's perfect and treats/treated me like a queen, and no, he's not some redpiller or something so it's not THAT bad. Well, when I was talking to Eric I playfully referred to my old FWB, which he HATES, just to mess with his jealousy/insecurity (he needs to work on it). Instead of just getting emo or changing the subject like he usually does, he starts asking me some questions about my old fuckbuddy. I eventually get bored and disengaged, and my mistake, I let his name slip (the first time I told BF). Let's say it's not the most caucasian-ish name. I saw Eric's face go dim and he was very cold and unreceptive to me for the rest of the day. I could tell he wanted to interrogate me more about my "ex" but he didn't. He didn't cuddle me or anything for the rest of the night. I spent the night wondering what pissed him off so bad. Was it the black name?

The next day at work he sent me a text with a disclaimer that he's sorry for doing this over text (like that makes it better, chickenshit), but we haven'tbeen together long anyway, and that he thinks we should move on. It dawned on me at that moment I have my black fuckbuddy on facebook still (even though we don't even talk anymore), and Eric probably snooped around and found him. I blew up his phone telling him I'm not gonna let this stand--in my anger I said regrettable things like "I know you're insecure your peanut cock can't measure up," and saying "if you're gonna break up with me you can't do it for a racist reason." I threatened to post all over social media about it and tell his friends he's an insecure bigot if he doesn't come to his senses and talk this out with me. Now, I know I overreacted and I'm not gonna do any of that stuff. I'd like to apologize about saying some of that harsh stuff (once HE apologizes) but he won't let me. He replied back telling me "you're showing me your real colors right now. Please don't message me again, it's over". He says he's blocking me on all mediums.

So, I'm fuming. I'm pissed off he didn't have the balls to break up in person (so it's not even a real breakup as far as I'm concerned). I'm pissed off this guy I "loved" is a hateful raceist piece of poo poo. I'm pissed off on behalf of the entire black race for the oppression they still face in year two thousand loving 16 (in a couple days). What should I do? I don't want to go crawling back to a bigot, but I don't accept him breakup up like such a coward for such a dumb reason. And if it is over, should I even keep trying? Is the fact I have a black ex really such a turnoff for white guys? Are they all really that insecure and pathetic?

tl;dr: BF reveals his true racist colors, breaks up with me over insecurity. What do?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

lmao yep. Your racist bf breaks up with you because you hosed a black guy. Patch things up by calling his dick a peanut cock.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Being forced to see someone's comments after withdrawing your consent is intellectual rape

BF (26 M) trying to break up with me for racist reason (black ex-FWB), I (23 F) don't think it's a legitimate reason

the comments are pretty reasonable here

quote:

OP, I don't think you handled this correctly. You're making a lot of assumptions about his motivations here. You purposefully "messed with his jealously and insecurity" (why?!) and then you got upset when he... didn't like you messing with his jealousy and insecurity? Then you say deliberately hurtful and cruel things to him? And call him a bigot? That's terrible and unfair behavior on your part.
Someone does need to learn from this experience OP, but its not your BF.
He replied back telling me "you're showing me your real colors right now. Please don't message me again, it's over".
Wow. His restraint deserves to be applauded. He handled this like an adult.

quote:

Um, so he maybe racist but WHENEVER someone wants to break up, the break up is on and is "real". You can't just fight back because you don't like his reason, no matter how heinous it may be. The same goes for the method of delivery. Yes, someone should address a personal relationship like a human adult and not just ghost or do it via text, but you have no right to insist you are still in a relationship just because he did it by text.
Also, why do you WANT to stay in a relationship with someone who treats you so poorly?
Finally, you have some growing up to do. The insults to his physical size, the purposeful "messing with him" all really don't speak very well for you.
But consider yourself both single and better off.

etc. also lol at "I'm pissed off on behalf of the entire black race for the oppression they still face in year two thousand loving 16"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*to the tune of Lego movie*
everyone is awful

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

I'm pissed off on behalf of the entire black race for the oppression they still face in year two thousand loving 16

lol

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

dog buttz posted:

lmao yep. Your racist bf breaks up with you because you hosed a black guy. Patch things up by calling his dick a peanut cock.

There is no protagonist in that story. Somehow, I ended up disliking the poster even more than the racist piece of poo poo boyfriend.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Centripetal Horse posted:

There is no protagonist in that story. Somehow, I ended up disliking the poster even more than the racist piece of poo poo boyfriend.
He might not even be racist. Impossible to know, because he dislikes casual sex and she was bragging about an FWB situation. She escalated things so far she even accidentally mentioned a name.

That alone would make someone who really cares about that kind of thing break up with someone. And be red flag city for someone who doesn't care that much, because someone who intentionally causes drama over nothing is not going to suddenly knock it off further down the line in the relationship.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Me [21 M] with my ___ [20 F] fiancé cancels plans to do shrooms with male coworker (long distance at the moment)

quote:

So I've been with my partner for about 6 months now. It's going to sound crazy but here's the background, 6 months ago I was single about to leave for air force basic training and out of a recent relationship I ended up dabbling in some social apps and came across whisper. I ended up responding to a post, long story short some of the best conversations of my life were had. Witty jabs thrown both ways, and we were both totally cool with it. At this time she also recently had just gotten out of a relationship, actually very recently of a relationship that lasted a while. We talked for 3 or so days and honestly it felt like the conversation from our initial one never ended, felt awesome. I said gently caress it and asked her out. Honestly one of the smartest girls I've met in a while was able to hold a conversation, was about to be in nursing school and attractive. I could tell she was unsure but she also says gently caress it why not and says yes. Anyways I leave for basic training, and we write to each other for two months every single letter was amazing, we kept it going real well. Fast forward to me out of basic I'm at my first base. All is good, first I love you, first time seeing her naked/skype sex. It still feels fresh as fresh as it did from day one. I buy her a ticket to come down and see me for the weekend. Our chemistry even kept up in person. Hit it off real nice, non stop sex all weekend and just good times. Punchline. I propose to her that weekend. Now I'd like to think of my self as a pretty smart person I knew what I was getting myself into and I was never actually big on titles and I told her that but in the military it's worth it to be married. Get paid more, to u can live off base and get your cost of living paid for. It's worth it. She came down in June so it's been a little over a month sure things slowed down a tad bit but still going well. A little flashback my last relationship ended really lovely I got cheated on and a inner circle friend was involved so I guess I'll admit to having trust issues. She lives in WA smokes and has fun and it's never bothered me, I don't easily get jealous easily i guess or rather I might but I don't show it. Two weeks ago she canceled our plans of skype to go on a trail run with one of her coworkers, didn't really bother me. She also withdrew from her classes, and has been hanging out a lot more than usual till 3-4 am. She still texts me even after I go to sleep with pictures and everything. She's introduced me to most of her girl friends and even parents over the phone or Skype so I don't really get bothered by when she goes out and tells me about it before hand cause I honestly do trust her. Today though she cancelled our plans again to go do shrooms after work with this same coworker at a park. Usually calls me after work didn't this time. She tells me through text, at first I told her I was ok with it when actually I wasn't and I quickly changed my mind and let her know that. Her texts have been more brief, briefer than usual. Anyways how should I feel about this should I be connecting any dots? Sorry for writing an essay but even all this probably won't do our relationship any justice it really has been a lot better than the facts sound on paper. What do? Sorry for wall of text, this is my first post.

tl;dr: fiancé canceled plans with me to do shrooms in a park with coworker, after pulling something similar to this two weeks prior with same person. Should I be connecting dots?

My friend [21F] asked me [21F] to help her family using pagan witchcraft

quote:

I know this all sounds really silly but I don't know what to do our how to help. My friend and I used to be really close from middle school to high school. After graduation, she got married and had a baby. We drifted apart and haven't talked since last year. I moved to a different state and she is still in our hometown.

Earlier today she sent me a Facebook message out of the blue asking if I could help her using, basically, witchcraft. We were very much into paganism when we were younger but I haven't dabbled in it for a long time. I don't really have a religion or anything these days. She told me how her mother in law had gone to see a lady who told her her family is cursed and will never be financially stable or happy. Since then, her MIL got divorced, her SIL split up with her sons dad and her BIL lost his job and hasn't been able to find a new one. My friend had also been having marital issued. The curse lady offered to remove the curse in exchange for money, so my friend believes this lady has actually placed the curse on them.

It should be noted that her husbands family is Hispanic, I am as well so I understand the heavy superstitions and beliefs. I believe most of what is happening is bad luck, her son is young and she is too. Her message seems like a desperate cry for help and I just don't know that I can do anything for her.

TL;DR My friend had a lady put a "curse" on her husbands family and since then they have had nothing but bad luck. She wants me to help by using pagan witchcraft, which I don't do anymore. What can I say to her?

Searching for keywords is fun. That first one was 'feminazi', the top of this post was 'shrooms', and the latter was 'pagan'. I tried a few others, but they were depressing so bleh to posting

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
people are trash, especially women, and men especially

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

quote:

So, I'm fuming. I'm pissed off he didn't have the balls to break up in person (so it's not even a real breakup as far as I'm concerned)...

...What should I do? I don't want to go crawling back to a bigot, but I don't accept him breakup up like such a coward for such a dumb reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fR0NheFPs&feature=youtu.be&t=7

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I thought you were going to link this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9E_5IJvsho

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Sentient Data posted:

Me [21 M] with my ___ [20 F] fiancé cancels plans to do shrooms with male coworker (long distance at the moment)

loving Millennials. They can't even turn a relationship started off a double rebound into a mutually fulfilling life-long commitment. Jesus.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

What are you talking about? The first time they physically met he proposed and she presumably accepted. If that ain't perfect execution of commitment I don't know what is

quote:

It still feels fresh as fresh as it did from day one. I buy her a ticket to come down and see me for the weekend. Our chemistry even kept up in person. Hit it off real nice, non stop sex all weekend and just good times. Punchline. I propose to her that weekend.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

darkhand posted:

lmao if mordin is the most upsetting person you find on the net

This, go read fishmech posts.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
would it be feminist or misogynistic to say that doctor's abusive spouse needs an rear end kicking?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
My wife punched me in the balls while screaming you arent having any more kids

Am i in an abusive relationship?

The rest of his story is equally pathetic. Holy moly, sever before she phil hartmans you

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Sentient Data posted:

So not wanting to hear about SO's past relationships counts as jealousy issues now. Learn something new every day.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sentient Data posted:

First thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4&t=47s

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
all these "dads loving their son's girlfriend" posts make me glad my dad is fat as poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm still feeling bad for the dude whose dad stole his girlfriend. That dad sounds like one of those narcissist types who runs his family like a lazy cult leader and views his kids as an extension of himself rather than people. That's the kind of mindset that leads to fingering his son's girlfriend then telling him about it. "I got off on sexually humiliating my son and now I want to twist the knife. Yeah, that's probably OK."

I don't blame the guy for not punching his dad out though because the dad likely conditioned the guy to be passive. Don't want actual competition in the house, that could wreck with his confidence and he needs that to gently caress his students.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul
Am I going to get this magical dad power to seduce younger women when I get old enough, or do I actually have to have kids? I'm rolling up on forty, here, and women still mostly laugh and/or puke* when I put the moves on them.

* Sometimes simultaneously

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

china bot posted:

all these "dads loving their son's girlfriend" posts make me glad my dad is gay as poo poo

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Shnag posted:

Mordin's defense of his literal cam whore girlfriend has been pretty great. I never realize I'm such a prude for not wanting my girlfriend to sell her body for sex.

http://twitter.com/thebrainbabe/status/723544232280117248

cyberia fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 4, 2016

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Captain Lavender posted:

This one always stuck with me:

My girlfriend [21 F] cheated on me [23 M] with my father [54 M]. Do I cut my dad off or try to forgive him?

And the update:

Brother best supporting character imho.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'd tell him he should fight his dad but his dad sounds so much cooler than him he'd probably get his rear end kicked

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, this is actually unironically true

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Stuntman posted:

yeah but you don't get in trouble for loving miners.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Stuntman posted:

Yea sex workers are actually cool, i fully support their choices.

You just wouldn't wanna marry one.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sestze posted:

yeah but you don't get in trouble for loving miners.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

I [24F] met my boyfriend [23M] family for first time last night. His sisters husband slipped me a note with his dick size, phone number and a request asking me for a nude.
I am pretty restless, Its super early in the morning. Not a good night sleep all because of this note, I need some help on how to tell my boyfriend about it

I have been dating Cody for about 6 months now, I met his family for the first time, lovely people. He has four sisters and they get along amazingly well, better than me and my sisters. We finished dinner and everyone was cleaning up. I met Cody in college and we were just friends until 6 months ago.

Cody and his sisters were talking about something private, sibling business they said it was. I understand their sisters just met me and whatever it was probably did not want to say in front of me. They were in the living room talking and I was outside on his phone.

My boyfriend sister husband Mark [30's M] walked up to me winked at me and handed me a note. I was shocked by what the note read, let me just give you some of main points.

You have a nice rack and rear end

I love your blonde hair, the red tips really bring out the beauty of the color blue in your eyes.

My size is 10 inches, how big is Cody?

His number

His exact words " There is my number, I know a slut when I see one. Send me a nude of your sexy body and I will send one of my dick"

I was shaking and I had no idea what to do. I told my boyfriend I wanted to leave because I was tired. I have not shown him the note. I don't know what to say to Cody, how do I approach him with this note. I would never cheat on him but I am going to be exposing his sisters husband not even after 24 hours of meeting his family.

I don't know how his sister will take it.

tl;dr: Boyfriend sister husband gave me a note last night. It told me how I have a nice rack,& rear end he told me how big his dick was, asked me to send him a nude. This not even 24 hours after meeting his family. How do I bring it up to my boyfriend

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I knew he (let's call him Eric) has an intensely jealous personality, and I know he has a lot of incorrect political opinions (always talking about "responsibility" and handwaving away systematic injustices, and he acts like all feminists are "feminazis").

*eye twitch*

darkhand posted:

people are trash, especially women, and men especially

If you don't use this ^ as the basis to all of your opinions then you have...an incorrect opinion. Goddomitfuckme

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 4, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gentle pete posted:

I [24F] met my boyfriend [23M] family for first time last night. His sisters husband slipped me a note with his dick size, phone number and a request asking me for a nude.

tl;dr: Boyfriend sister husband gave me a note last night. It told me how I have a nice rack,& rear end he told me how big his dick was, asked me to send him a nude. This not even 24 hours after meeting his family. How do I bring it up to my boyfriend?

Have you tried using words maybe? Preferably in an order that conveys that information.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

Have you tried using words maybe? Preferably in an order that conveys that information.

Don't be an idiot, she should immediately suggest that the two of them, plus her boyfriend's sister and her husband, all open up their relationships/declare that they are poly. That's the only way forward.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this one is from two x chromosomes but afaik this is just a general red dot thread so i'm going for it anyway

I am thinking of giving my mom all of my money. posted:

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post. This been haunting me for a long time and I don't know where else I can go.
My parents are divorced and my mother took care of me in the sense that I was always fed, had shelter and internet. I never really ever saw my Father. Other than that, I was more or less ignored for the entirety of my childhood sometime after I turned around 10 years old. I didn't finish school past grade 6, I never went to a doctor. I was left to my own devices which was spending time on the internet indoors for 16 hours a day. I have probably spoken to my mom for about 5 hours total in the last 20 years despite being under the same roof. I really do mean it when I say I was ignored. I understand that this sounds like stereotypical NEET behavior, but I was 10.
Before everything went wrong, my mother gave me about $10000 in a savings account that ballooned to about $15000. At 23, I pulled myself out of my stupor, enrolled into University and finished my undergraduate degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics with a nearly flawless GPA. I recently turned 30 and I am on the brink of finishing graduate school in Financial Mathematics.
Because I won some major scholarships, I am currently debt free. Due to dumb luck, I turned that $15000 into approximately $215000 in the stock market. Other than that, I have a modest part time job but savings aside, I make very little money.
My mother is now 65 and as you can guess from previous paragraphs, parenting aside, she has made some poor decisions.
She has a home that is fully paid for that is worth probably $350,000 but it is in a state of squalor. It is straight out of the worst episodes of hoarders (she sleeps on a pile of junk ever since the solid 8 feet high pile of junk completely blanketing her bedroom has began to topple all over her bed). I do not know too much about her finances, but based on mail I found while cleaning, I suspect she has about $70000 in debt. She can only hold down a job that makes $10/hr and she works 40+ hours a week to attempt to crawl out of her situation
At her current rate, she will work herself to exhaustion and then die penniless. My uncles all live comfortably and will not help her. Having said all this, if I give her all my money so that she can psychiatric care, clean up and downsize her home, I think she has a chance to be free of debt, live longer and maybe actually enjoy some semblance of a short retirement.
Is this something I should consider doing? I don't even have a job. I have worked hard so I can graduate and finally get out and my future isn't very clear yet. I don't think I can wait because of the obvious toll it is having on her.
I am worried that it won't help and that some people are doomed to never change. I can't help but think I already lost my teenage years, I don't want to lose more by opening myself to financial weakness. I hate that the idea of just abandoning my mother even creeps up in my thoughts.
On one hand, she was a terrible parent. I don't understand why child protective services never took me away. On the other, I believe she really does want the best for me and she is still my mother. I don't know what to think anymore.
Edit: I am overwhelmed by the responses so far and I am very grateful. Both writing down this situation and reading such a unanimous opinion is very emotionally exhausting for me. I don't know how I can even begin to respond to so many comments.

pshap
Jun 9, 2016
from askmanager.com but fits in well:

quote:

My girlfriend recently went on a business trip with her boss. After meeting with their clients for dinner, the two of them headed back to the hotel and had some drinks in the lobby.

I’m completely fine with my girlfriend having one or two drinks with her boss for an hour in the hotel lobby. Not a big deal. Perfectly fine.

The problem was they spent 3+ hours drinking together and she didn’t get back to her hotel room to call me until 11:30 p.m. When she called me, she was totally drunk.

Now I believe her boss crossed the line from “business” into “personal.” He encroached on our personal relationship.

I would never show up at his work and encroach on his business, and if I did I would expect he would address it with me. Likewise, I would hope that he would never encroach on our personal life, and if he does then I have the right to address him professionally, as it now involves me.

Needless to say, I sent him a professional email outlining my concerns. He was lucky I didn’t involve HR as I think it was extremely inappropriate. Do you agree that I was justified in doing so?

Also, what are appropriate boundaries for drinking alone with the boss on a business trip? Is what I outlined above fair? (Number of drinks, time of night, etc.) I would say nothing past 10:00 p.m. as well.

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/08/i-emailed-my-girlfriends-boss-to-complain-that-he-encroached-on-our-relationship.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That doctor will definitely get murdered by his crazy wife.

Does anyone know about mental health? Was she showing symptoms of BPD or just abusive?

• Locked thread