Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
SLAP in the FACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Literally turkey slapping star trek nerds through the internet.

Literally.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I bet those codes will go for a ton on ebay

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah but I won't be selling mine yet. Gonna wait for Shatner to kick the bucket.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What's the page on the Wiki we are supposed to check to know the times we are staffing Dental's booth at the con again? I lost my link.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

drat they are real stingy with em too. Stupid holo guy from last year they tossed at anyone walking by. I had to ask for this and the guy was all "Well... We don't have many and we're trying to ration them, buuuuut ok... I guess"

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

drat they are real stingy with em too. Stupid holo guy from last year they tossed at anyone walking by. I had to ask for this and the guy was all "Well... We don't have many and we're trying to ration them, buuuuut ok... I guess"

Have you seen Lootcritter lurking around stalking all the devs for his super-popular STO blog?

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
That sounds like perfectly Cryptic response, "they gave us these codes to give out, I'm not sure if I can give this code to you."

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Having worked convention event planning in Vegas, I'm surprised it isn't blackshirt temps from Priority Staffing handing everything out and guiding people along. Grandmas and jaded twenty-somethings at the ticket booths and so on.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Also, get a free Peregrine Attack Fighter (tm) or don't, I'm just a link

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
Our friend Trendy Seems a bit unhappy about not going to STLV... ...Probably wanted the TOS Bridge Crew... who wouldn't?

I wouldn't mind having them myself...

Regardless, I think I found a way to cheer her up.

...now if only we could cheer up Jojo...

Edit: Hadn't logged in yet, didn't realize they were mailed out. Thank you You need a Platinum Account to view this message..

Rahhmi fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 4, 2016

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I can finally use this registry prefix

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hey guys is the new stuff cool and fun or janky and dumb?

I think I last played during the dyson sphere and then I think the undine blew up spacedock.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ramadu posted:

Hey guys is the new stuff cool and fun or janky and dumb?

I think I last played during the dyson sphere and then I think the undine blew up spacedock.

It got real bad after exactly that point but is now pretty good again. Roll a Temporal Recruit and unlock permanent account bonuses.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, I've been bingeing my way through the story and now that I've hit the Delta Quadrant stuff I'm having trouble bringing myself to continue.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Veotax posted:

Yeah, I've been bingeing my way through the story and now that I've hit the Delta Quadrant stuff I'm having trouble bringing myself to continue.

The patrol missions really kill the flow. If they got rid of those or made them optional that would help. At least you don't have to hunt for temporal probes in them.

RescueFreak fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 4, 2016

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

Dely Apple posted:

Also, get a free Peregrine Attack Fighter (tm) or don't, I'm just a link

If you don't use arc, ​​ redeem here.

If you don't play fed but have a rommie, you can get a free scorpion fighter here

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I still remember when the delta flyer was brand new and lots of small craft content was promised.

:saddowns:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

I still remember when the delta flyer was brand new and lots of small craft content was promised.

shh, they might hear you and give it to us

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
My Fed character has I think 8 small craft Admirality cards and the only one I ever paid for was the Type 10 Shuttle that came with the DS9 bundle.

Meanwhile my KDF has all 3 available Klingon small craft and I needed to buy a Voth fighter for Lobi just to make Admirality doable with the huge KDF science deficit.

Balance!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Apparently this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmD5Uv0uUVU

is attending the convention in order to report on it later. If anyone is in LV, they should confront him about his unchecked trolling and harassment agains Starfleet Dental, STO's first public service fleet.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There are some denalts in vegas right now, actually.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aleth posted:

There are some denalts in vegas right now, actually.

Last I heard they're were having a party with the devs, hookers, blow, you know, doing vegas right.

EDIT: Obviously on Starfleet Dental. We're just gracious party hosts like that.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I feel bad about the abuse Trendy is probably having hurled at her on Reddit after the news of the TOS bridge crew codes came out while not actually even being AT STLV. The EMH boff was bad enough but this is probably gonna prompt death threats.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

RescueFreak posted:

The patrol missions really kill the flow. If they got rid of those or made them optional that would help. At you don't have to hunt for temporal probes in them.
As bad as they are now, they used to be so much worse. Story missions were gated by level, and didn't give anywhere near enough XP to hit the correct level for the next story mission. The patrol missions were a subtle way of telling people to grind patrol missions to get enough XP to play the next story mission. So of course, a few days after release cryptic freaked out because people were grinding too fast, accused a huge chunk of the players of 'exploiting', and removed levels from a bunch of people.

Back on topic, as long as you're not forced to do dozens of the patrol missions, they don't kill the flow anywhere near as much as they used to.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Four 'do partolz' missions. Six or seven patrols each.

Literally dozens.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Zutaten posted:

I feel bad about the abuse Trendy is probably having hurled at her on Reddit after the news of the TOS bridge crew codes came out while not actually even being AT STLV. The EMH boff was bad enough but this is probably gonna prompt death threats.

Actually, she went on reddit and gave people an alternate way to get the convention code. And they downvoted her.
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/761057687828176896

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That's reddit for you.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

DancingShade posted:

When was the last shuttle event? A year or more, right? Pretty frustrating, I've got a super kitted out shuttle that just sits there thinking about Shuttle Fleet Alerts. :(

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Actually, she went on reddit and gave people an alternate way to get the convention code. And they downvoted her.
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/761057687828176896

I'm sure the contents of Trendy's inboxes on various social media would probably put even the craziest pubbies we've found to shame.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

Have you seen Lootcritter lurking around stalking all the devs for his super-popular STO blog?

No idea what he looks like. But also like a solid thirty percent of the attendees look practically identical soooooo :shrug:

Raekwon_Chef
Apr 9, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

It got real bad after exactly that point but is now pretty good again. Roll a Temporal Recruit and unlock permanent account bonuses.

I could I please get auth on the wiki? I registered as Raekwon_Chef.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Raekwon_Chef posted:

I could I please get auth on the wiki? I registered as Raekwon_Chef.

You're in.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Trendy on The Bad Website posted:

Go to a convention. Take picture of self to show you went. Send to lizard. Receive code. ???? Profit.

I note she doesn't mention what kind of convention you have to go to.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

SKY COQ posted:

I note she doesn't mention what kind of convention you have to go to.
Which was a very generous thing of her, as was getting this for that.

I'll throw down boff information in the thread later.
EDIT: The boffs cannot be claimed on a Federation-allied Romulan; they are exclusive to Federation captains, both 23rd and 25th century. The pack of boffs can be reclaimed if dismissed. While they can be turned into manuals, oddly enough, they cannot be turned into 23c. manuals for the Ensign powers.

Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Hologram)
Photonic Male - Science
Traits:
(G) Resilient
(G) Superior Photonic Lifeform (+40 Phys/Kin res., -30 Tetryon res., 20% Healing res., Confuse immunity, +20% Shield Cap., no respiration)
(G) Superior Stubborn (+50 Stun, Slow, Placate res.)
(G) Teamwork (+Team Exploit Damage)
Space: ST1(23c.), HE2, PO2, VM2
Ground: MT1(23c.), Dy2, NN1, NHM1

Pavel Chekov (Hologram)
Photonic Male - Tactical
(G) Covert
(G) Superior Luck (+4.5% Crit chance, +15% Expose chance)
(G) Superior Photonic Lifeform
(G) Teamwork (+Team Exploit Damage)
Space: BFAW1(23c.), TT2, APB2, APO2
Ground: PG1(23c.), SF1, OW1, FM2

Janice Rand (Hologram)
Photonic Female - Engineering
(S) Leadership (Noteworthy: usually only on Humans)
(G) Mental Discipline
(G) Superior Luck
Space: EPW1(23c.), AuxBat1, DEM2, EWP2
Ground: QF1(23c.), RPS1, ED1, FA1

Montgomery Scott (Hologram)
Photonic Male - Engineering
(G) Superior Creativity (+12.5% Kit Power damage, +20% Shield/HP heals)
(G) Teamwork
(S) Techie (+20 Hull Restor./Regen.) (Noteworthy: usually only on captains)
Space: EPS1(23c.), BP1, AuxID2, EWP2
Ground: QF1(23c.), CMB2, SGF2, MGF2
Note: The Photon Grenade Launcher Fabrication (23c.) shows up as a different Photon Grenade Launcher Fabrication (23c.), for some reason.

Spock (Hologram)
Photonic Male - Science
Traits:
(S) Astrophysicist (+10 EPG/DrainX/Percep.) (Noteworthy: usually only on captains)
(G) Physical Strength (No nerve pinch.)
(G) Superior Logic (+45 Psionic/Confuse/Placate res.)
Space: TB1(23c.), CPG1, FBP2, GW2
Ground: SB1(23c.), TS1, HR1, DF1

Hikaru Sulu (Hologram)
Photonic Male - Tactical
(G) Superior Peak Health
(G) Sure Footed
Space: THY1(23c.), APB1, CSV2, APO2
Ground: SS1(23c.), TO1, LN2, MA1

Nyota Uhura (Hologram)
Photonic Female - Engineering
(G) Superior Acute Senses (+15 Perception, +15% Exploit Damage, +30% Flank dmg. res.)
(S) Tactician (+5 EWT/PWT) (Unique Trait?)
Space: ET1(23c.), AuxID1, RSP2, AB2
Ground: QF1(23c.), SR1, ED1, CS1

Lorak fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 4, 2016

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

Literally dozens.
It wasn't dozens total, it was dozens in between every single story mission. The 50-60 leveling curve was originally even worse than it is now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Then they set a 30 minute timer on doing the same patrol.... without adding anything else, also knocked down xp gains from Doff'ing and well.... lololol :cryptic:

At least there is the Admiralty system now and they pushed some more mission into the 50-60 group.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

SKY COQ posted:

You're in.
Can I get access too? I registered as mysticpimp.

Tunicate posted:

Literally dozens.
There used to be a shitload, like four patrols for each sector. It made leveling at launch loving unbearable.

mystic pimp fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 5, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

mystic pimp posted:

Can I get access too? I registered as mysticpimp.

You're in too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do adtive Doffs affect abilities used by Boffs?

• Locked thread