Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
are you in an office building gym because thats how it was for me

protip: join a real gym

im actually going to go get my curlz on and then go to the beach today. i must lift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Yeaahhh baby working up a great sweat today!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the salami is strong with that one

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Faded Mars posted:

My gym doesn't have dedicated bench press benches. Instead you're supposed to set a power rack up with a flat bench in there and then change the safety bits to lower the barbell low enough to bench.

There are only two power racks. To me, power racks (at my gym) are for bench pressing, overhead pressing, and squats. Do your other poo poo somewhere else. Also gently caress people who take ten minute breaks between sets of squatting 150 to gently caress around on their phones. Said guy also sure was a noisy grunter. Thought he was trying to go super saiyan or something.

I've come in a few times now to people loving deadlifting in the power racks for some reason. Not as bad as curling I guess but still, if you want to squat or bench you also have to wait.

Also I now hate people who won't rack their drat plates after finishing up. Oh, you're strong enough to put it on the bar and squat it, but not strong enough to take it off the barbell again? loving people.

gently caress people. I'm going to use a university gym in a week and a half, and I hope the smarmy little undergrads don't gently caress everything up all the time.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

gently caress people. I'm going to use a university gym in a week and a half, and I hope the smarmy little undergrads don't gently caress everything up all the time.

I'm afraid undergrads count as people too, and therefore have the power to gently caress things up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Faded Mars posted:

My gym doesn't have dedicated bench press benches. Instead you're supposed to set a power rack up with a flat bench in there and then change the safety bits to lower the barbell low enough to bench.

There are only two power racks. To me, power racks (at my gym) are for bench pressing, overhead pressing, and squats. Do your other poo poo somewhere else. Also gently caress people who take ten minute breaks between sets of squatting 150 to gently caress around on their phones. Said guy also sure was a noisy grunter. Thought he was trying to go super saiyan or something.

I've come in a few times now to people loving deadlifting in the power racks for some reason. Not as bad as curling I guess but still, if you want to squat or bench you also have to wait.

Also I now hate people who won't rack their drat plates after finishing up. Oh, you're strong enough to put it on the bar and squat it, but not strong enough to take it off the barbell again? loving people.

lol stay mad, pussy

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

sassassin posted:

lol stay mad, pussy

Come to my squat rack so I can curl you, manlet

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Crossposting cuz it's so good

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I hosed up my hamstring last weekend. It's pretty bruised and sometimes sore. 15 days to the 100 miler. Pushup are going well though. Doing about 30-40 spread through the day

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

These gymnast bros are all bis and delts. Really surprised they don't have more lats.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my joints hurt watching that stuff

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I was eating pepperoni (preferred form of salami) while watching so it was alright

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

FogHelmut posted:

These gymnast bros are all bis and delts. Really surprised they don't have more lats.

You want to see lats check out the swimmers and the rowing crew.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If I want to see lats I'll just check out Franco.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish I had aboat, that I could row

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Lots of towns have rowing crews, Google it up.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
There's a skinny white guy doing a Kai Greene esq posing routine in the gym parking lot while it's pouring rear end rain

I won't laugh at people in the gym but out here it's fair game

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fallows posted:

There's a skinny white guy doing a Kai Greene esq posing routine in the gym parking lot while it's pouring rear end rain

I won't laugh at people in the gym but out here it's fair game

Obviously the gym could not contain all his Chi so he took it outside. The rain helps him focus inward.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
SO I had forgotten to clean my protein shaker. It was left in my bag for a few days

oh my god

the loving STINK that came out of it when I opened it to clean it, holy poo poo

it was like a bomb of poo poo erupting in my apartment and the stink lingers still

ffffukc

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I threw away a cheap plastic shaker once after I had lost it for 2 weeks. I mix my shakes with milk. Didn't even bother opening it.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

SO I had forgotten to clean my protein shaker. It was left in my bag for a few days

oh my god

it was like a bomb of poo poo erupting in my apartment and the stink lingers still

ffffukc

you can avoid this by not making GBS threads in your protein shaker

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Zzulu posted:

oh my god

ffffukc

it likely smelled just like a woodwind instruments mouth piece after a few weeks of use with out cleaning

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
what headphones should i be using

because these earbuds are sssssssssshit

presume i don't need beats by dre to assume my pure bro form

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason I think beats headphones in a gym look retarded. And I tried a few different styles of earbuds, but it was like I would flex my ear canal and that poo poo would pop right out mid rep.

But then I tried a set with the hook that goes over your ear, and I love those.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Lightweight-Microphone-Compatible/dp/B00C48MMCA/ref=sr_1_11

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I'm too scared to ask the big guy at the gym for steroids so I just drink a protein shake and leave the remaining liquid in the shaker in my car for a week. For preworkout I open it and take a sniff.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Green Crayons posted:

what headphones should i be using

because these earbuds are sssssssssshit

presume i don't need beats by dre to assume my pure bro form

$30 bluetooth earbuds from some random chinese company on Amazon. Use em until they die and buy another pair.

Anyone who buys Beats By Dre to use in the gym is literally retarded.

If you care about the fidelity of your audio when working out I suggest that you find a local clinical psychologist to help you.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cobra Commander posted:

For preworkout I open it and take a sniff.

Take it to the next level and drink that bit too.

Chinatown posted:

$30 bluetooth earbuds from some random chinese company on Amazon. Use em until they die and buy another pair.

Anyone who buys Beats By Dre to use in the gym is literally retarded.

If you care about the fidelity of your audio when working out I suggest that you find a local clinical psychologist to help you.

Lmao if the sound of your grunting and heaving isn't enough to get you through your workout

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Wamdoodle posted:

Take it to the next level and drink that bit too.

Lmao if the sound of your grunting and heaving isn't enough to get you through your workout

i agree but i need to lift with the most possible hate in my heart and music is the way

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

there is nothing more annoying then ur headphones falling out halfway through a set of squats and you have to finish the set to whatever poo poo music the gym is playing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
first world problems

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Profondo Rosso posted:

there is nothing more annoying then ur headphones falling out halfway through a set of squats and you have to finish the set to whatever poo poo music the gym is playing.

Why I love the ear hook.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

first world problems

The most pressing kind there are.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Chinatown posted:

i agree but i need to lift with the most possible hate in my heart and music is the way

Profondo Rosso posted:

*nods sagely*

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I got some random 20 dollar bluetooth headphones off amazon and they are v good for gym time.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Wamdoodle posted:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
(But in all seriousness, when I do use headphones I have a $20 Bluetooth set from amazon that stay in unless I'm doing some bag work, kinda wish they had the hook, but they have this ... longish rubber thing that compresses against your earlobe ... thing, I think medically it's call the "Pinna", that keeps it in fairly well. Good quality sound for Bluetooth buds, too.)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got a "free" bag of BCAA with my protein order. What should I do with it. I just drank some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

canpakes posted:

I got a "free" bag of BCAA with my protein order. What should I do with it. I just drank some.

Oh no.

It has you.

RUN.

• Locked thread