Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Also the "I wish I had a guy like you" line is 99% used by girls to essentially ask a guy out, and how men have learned to interpret this as a negative is beyond me.

Why women think they have to "fake" ask a guy out when they could just ask him out is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"I'm post-wall and Chad no longer wants me, so I've settled for a nice guy who I would have otherwise friendzoned."

I can figure out what most of this blather means, but what the gently caress does the bolded part translate to in normal person?

She's finally appreciated that the wall really wasn't the best pink floyd album, and is going after deeper cuts.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
"I have a sexually transmitted disease."
Translation: Lick my bootheel, slave!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"I'm post-wall and Chad no longer wants me, so I've settled for a nice guy who I would have otherwise friendzoned."

I can figure out what most of this blather means, but what the gently caress does the bolded part translate to in normal person?

If I put on my "shithead" filter I'd guess it refers to the "wall" where a woman's looks--her only worthwhile asset--are no longer in the 18-30 rage that society deems the prime window for feminine beauty.

Pick posted:

Also the "I wish I had a guy like you" line is 99% used by girls to essentially ask a guy out, and how men have learned to interpret this as a negative is beyond me.

Rationalization is the mask cowardice wears.

Chomp8645 posted:

Why women think they have to "fake" ask a guy out when they could just ask him out is beyond me.

You know how asking a girl out is scary? Yeah that goes both ways.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
too much discussion and not enough funny pics of nerds saying dumb poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Translation: Lick my bootheel, slave!

"I treasure you as a person and respect you for who you are."
Translation: im riding the cock carousel with the guy i called a jerk, also id on't really have crabs, it's part of my master plan

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

too much discussion and not enough funny pics of nerds saying dumb poo poo

Yeah you whore bitches you don't deserve nice good posters like us.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

Rationalization is the mask cowardice wears.

This is like a 40K quote or something woah.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

"I treasure you as a person and respect you for who you are."
Translation: im riding the cock carousel with the guy i called a jerk, also id on't really have crabs, it's part of my master plan

"I am not interested I'm you physically, and I might not even be attracted to your gender. It's a long story-"
TRANSLATION: I'm a big slut liar getting double-penetrated every Wednesday by cage fighters for tips.

client
Aug 19, 2010

Pick posted:

the cock carousel

this term has never really made a whole lot of sense to me. like what i think these hosed up weirdos are trying to say is that all girls are out there loving endless amounts of dudes, but that's not how a carousel works. on a carousel you pick one seat for the whole ride and if you try to switch you'll probably fall down like a dingus

"penis buffet" would be much more accurate for what the apostles of jon pop are going for.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pick posted:

uh no? didn't you read the guide? it clearly means "I'm an evil manipulative whore now buy me shoes bitch"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

client posted:

this term has never really made a whole lot of sense to me. like what i think these hosed up weirdos are trying to say is that all girls are out there loving endless amounts of dudes, but that's not how a carousel works. on a carousel you pick one seat for the whole ride

i don't get the impression that these guys get out much, including to carousels

This entire list boils down to "There's no WAY she could think well of you! You're a bad person! It's a trick! Shes tricking you! She's a bitch and a liar and is definitely loving that guy she said was unkind to her earlier. that's her type" and then angrily masturbating to the thought of keeping her on a dog collar in the basement

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I guess what's interesting is that the entire list is suggesting that when a woman tries to communicate with you, you should expect the worst and make wild inferences and immediately sever

As such, the only kind of woman these guys will get are women who don't communicate, who are probably then either emotionally stunted or immature, or simply not that invested in relationships. And yeah, a woman like that who never communicates might just end up being a poor partner who validates things you think you "don't like about women"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Chomp8645 posted:

can't handle rejection

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

client posted:

this term has never really made a whole lot of sense to me. like what i think these hosed up weirdos are trying to say is that all girls are out there loving endless amounts of dudes, but that's not how a carousel works. on a carousel you pick one seat for the whole ride and if you try to switch you'll probably fall down like a dingus

"penis buffet" would be much more accurate for what the apostles of jon pop are going for.

I think the idea is that you're just outside the carousel, but the entire edge is lined with dongs, slapping you at high velocity as they speed by. The cocks are flaccid but centrifugal force makes them stick straight out.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Same

Also the content here: https://imgur.com/SxobvPL

Pick I'm down for a partnership female commune sort of thing if u are, 5-10 yrs down the line, hmu

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
This thread is making me reevaluate every friendship I've ever had with a male and worry about whether he was just playing a covert long game, or if I was somehow unknowingly taking advantage of him.

If a platonic male friend brings me coffee in the morning, but I bring him frozen yogurt after lunch, do I still owe him sex to make sure that I've not using him as a beta resource-provider?

quote:

Appropriate answer: "Me too. Let's trade." :grin:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oh I love it. I just *takes a really long whiff* I just love it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Anyone who has "animal lover" as a primary personality trait and isn't working in some career that involves animals on a professional level is confirmed vacuous.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

PallasAthene posted:

This thread is making me reevaluate every friendship I've ever had with a male and worry about whether he was just playing a covert long game, or if I was somehow unknowingly taking advantage of him.

If a platonic male friend brings me coffee in the morning, but I bring him frozen yogurt after lunch, do I still owe him sex to make sure that I've not using him as a beta resource-provider?

tbh, some women really do take advantage of men they know are attracted to them, because some women are bad people. If you were bringing him stuff, you're not that kind of person.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Let's not lose sight of who the real villains are here: Fat chicks

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Don Tacorleone posted:

What's the connection?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Don Tacorleone posted:

Good news is they're hard to miss

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

What's the connection?

They fat

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
No I mean why are they the villains of Nice Guys? Your penultimate Nice Guy is usually a retard who actually could have a girlfriend if he set reasonable standards but instead refuses to date anything below an 8/10 despite probably being a 5/10 at best. They tend to ignore fat chicks.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

No I mean why are they the villains of Nice Guys? Your penultimate Nice Guy is usually a retard who actually could have a girlfriend if he set reasonable standards but instead refuses to date anything below an 8/10 despite probably being a 5/10 at best. They tend to ignore fat chicks.

Your face is a 5/10 lol

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

client posted:

Well yeah but the ride only lasts a few minutes and then you can pick a new seat for the next one. so in that respect the metaphor works perfectly

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Don Tacorleone posted:

Your face is a 5/10 lol

:eyepop:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

Pick I'm down for a partnership female commune sort of thing if u are, 5-10 yrs down the line, hmu

kewl, quite a few of my friends have done that actually haha. call me in 2021

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895 posted:

tbh, some women really do take advantage of men they know are attracted to them, because some women are bad people. If you were bringing him stuff, you're not that kind of person.

Yeah, there are women who do, but it also sort of falls under a self-focus/selfishness umbrella which should be discouraged overall.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like that posted:

yo jiggles, if you ever want to not be a filthy loving commie come on down to hth's hacienda where i own all the means of production. and the means of production is that sweet tight rear end.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JerryLee posted:

Well yeah but the ride only lasts a few minutes and then you can pick a new seat for the next one. so in that respect the metaphor works perfectly

It's like a carousel because one time when she was young and excited and full of innocence about how carousels work she grabbed a horse that didn't actually move so the ride was boring as poo poo and kind of uncomfortable. Also the paint was chipping on the mane and she's pretty sure it gave her a splinter.

But now she's learned to check the ceiling and only go for the horses with the cranks and only goes for the ostriches or tigers because come one you're riding a loving bird! It's like that videogame from the 80s! Or maybe one of the carriages because she's getting older and doesn't feel like hoisting herself up onto the saddle and the carriages might not move, but they're comfy.

The Nice Guy is the horse that doesn't move.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating

And what about unsolicited dick pics? “They want to see your dick,” insists Adam, 23, a male model in New York. “They get excited from it. They’re like, ‘Oh my God, you’re huge.’ ”

No woman I talked to said she had ever asked for one. And yet, “If you’re a girl who’s trying to date, it’s normal to get dick pics all the time,” said Olivia, 24, a Brandeis graduate. “It’s like we have dicks flying at us.”

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

mind the walrus posted:

Anyone who has "animal lover" as a primary personality trait and isn't working in some career that involves animals on a professional level is confirmed vacuous.

Interesting theory.. but maybe they just love animals

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hth posted:

come on down to hth's hacienda

lmao

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Don Tacorleone posted:

And what about unsolicited dick pics? “They want to see your dick,” insists Adam, 23, a male model in New York. “They get excited from it. They’re like, ‘Oh my God, you’re huge.’ ”

No woman I talked to said she had ever asked for one. And yet, “If you’re a girl who’s trying to date, it’s normal to get dick pics all the time,” said Olivia, 24, a Brandeis graduate. “It’s like we have dicks flying at us.”

I do not want to see dicks, and yes I am sent dicks. I really don't like it and it makes me uncomfortable. Among other things, I think it sends a bad impression of their understanding of intimacy.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Don Tacorleone posted:

my ex's roommate collected unsolicited dick pics and one weekend during a houseparty we set up a projector and put them up as a slideshow so everyone could drink and rate the dicks

i think the soundtrack was minus the bear

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

PallasAthene posted:

hmm if he like yogurt then he might be gay so no prolly

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Carmant posted:

Interesting theory.. but maybe they just love animals

If you have to lead off with it as a personality trait, it's like advertising your music as "sound."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Don Tacorleone posted:

I have a friend who dates fairly often and sometimes gets sent a dick pic a few hours before a first date. Her policy is to find a picture of a bigger dick and send it back saying "Cool, you're almost as big as my last b/f! We might be able to make this work!!!" and if the guy doesn't call it off right there, she just no show for the date.

• Locked thread