Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

As if it needed to be any more obvious that his not guilty verdict was wrong and he likely did escalate the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Eifert Posting posted:

Your self sacrifice is positively noble.

For the profits of the corporation fellow drone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FairGame posted:

Raise your hand if you panicked and then remembered a moment later that The Big Lebowski and The Dude are different people.

That's literally the premise of the movie

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

zoux posted:

Movie...? Oh God.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

zoux posted:

I know. If it weren't, it wouldn't be very embarrassing that someone (like me) forgot that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

RuanGacho posted:

Are you going to keep saying this when white people are a minority site because I know you're young enough to be around when it happens

Actually

I'll be dead

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Glenn beck held some kind of hyperpatriot pop-up museum and talked about having barack obamas family album. He talked about his 2nd birthday and him wearing Muslim clothes.

Obviously this is freep: the podcast and is full of terrors, but its possibly the creepiest thing i have witnessed in any media.

What would they even do if Obama was a Muslim?

What the gently caress would it change?

Like they're constantly going for the OBAMA IS A MUSLIM CHECKMATE but it would literally make no difference at all

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yinlock posted:

What would they even do if Obama was a Muslim?

What the gently caress would it change?

Honestly? They'd almost certainly try to impeach him.

A large minority of the country would probably be on board, too.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Hillary might be up in all the recent polls, but what about a poll from an unbiased pollster?

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/761375580910563328

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Looks like the Iran Video lie is catching on. Here I was worried that he was going to lay low and avoid scandal for a while.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

HorseRenoir posted:

Hillary might be up in all the recent polls, but what about a poll from an unbiased pollster?

Wow, Wikileaks is really shooting any credibility they had out the window.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

HorseRenoir posted:

:laffo: gently caress Wikileaks, I hope Assange ends up in a northern European jail for eternity for rape. He and Brevik can bitch and moan about not having PS4s together.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Wow, Wikileaks is really shooting any credibility they had out the window.

Oh it's looooooooooong gone. Even before the whole Panama Papers thing, but that was what clued in a lot of people.

Even Snowden is dumping on them for because they're curating the release instead of just dumping it all like they're supposedly all about and almost always do otherwise.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wow Assange really just poo poo all over his public mandate huh

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

jill stein polling 16% im weak

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

:laffo: gently caress Wikileaks, I hope Assange ends up in a northern European jail for eternity for rape. He and Brevik can bitch and moan about not having PS4s together.

make assange and brevik cellmates and film it

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wow Assange really just poo poo all over his public mandate huh

He's even stopped saying "information wants to be free" and instead started using "information wants to have the biggest impact and uptake possible" to justify withholding information

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why does anyone care about Nevada? It's only 6 electoral votes.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Josh Lyman posted:

Why does anyone care about Nevada? It's only 6 electoral votes.

Trump needs all the EVs he can get his grubby little cheetoes on.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

well as they say as Nevada goes, so goes the __________

finish this joke

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's sort of like the Battle of Teutoberg Forest - the Roman Empire was already on a downward slope for a while, but we like to say "this is where the tide turned" because it's an easy shorthand. If it didn't happen, (pop) historians would have just pointed to something else as being the definitive decisive battle.

The Battle of Teutenberg Forest was in 9AD. The height of the Roman Empire was during the reign of the Five Good Emperors 96-180AD.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
I still don't understand how facebook trends work (are they personalized? idk), but my top trend in both the Top Trend and Politics sections is "Melania Trump." Because she possibly came to the US illegally. Her statement refuting Politico's accusations was just repeating "I wasn't here illegally" (on twitter) without saying what kind of visa she was on. And any credibility she has regarding her past is shot anyways given the degree thing. Aaaand I see outlets that are not Politico and HuffPo are talking about it.

Please, Election Santa, give this to me. Give me proof that Melania Trump committed visa fraud. I've been so good this year.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea, Teutoburg is important because it heralds the end of expansion into Germania. It gets too much play. The actual empire-destroying stuff didn't get going until the 3rd century.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Karl Rove has also given up and probably can't handle being embarrassed again like in 2012.

https://twitter.com/buzzfeedandrew/status/761359878912937984

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

sean10mm posted:

In 1964 LBJ got the largest share of the popular vote since 1820 (61.1%) and Goldwater got 38.5%. That was an election where the Democrats unironically won on the platform of "That guy will start loving World War 3, just because!" and people bought it.

Trump probably can't lose as badly in the electoral college as Goldwater or Mondale, but he's within striking distance of the worst popular vote margin in 196 years.

A guy can dream, anyway. :allears:

Taft got 23.2% of the vote in 1912.

Davis got 28.8 in 1924

Cox got 34.2% in essentially a two person race in 1920

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Aerox posted:

Karl Rove has also given up and probably can't handle being embarrassed again like in 2012.

Karl "meltdown" Rove telling people to pack it in.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Aerox posted:

The collapse of every 2000 era shithead is some loving beautiful schadenfreude

almost makes the time they were in power worth it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also, :rip: The Big Lebowski

FairGame posted:

Raise your hand if you panicked and then remembered a moment later that The Big Lebowski and The Dude are different people.

I did for a second. Then my mind interrupted me in Jeff Bridges' voice to say "Dude." while picking his teeth.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I'm not sure how long it will last, but right now #NextTrumpGaffe is at the top of the trending list of Twitter. It's a joke tag where people speculate about what Trump's next big mistake will be, but people are also throwing in some real stuff (along with a few jabs at Hillary). If this thing stays popular for any remotely decent length of time I think we can expect to see a veritable flood of Trump-related conspiracy theories and just outright wrong information as a result of people inevitably somehow missing the fact that it's a joke, so prepare to be extra careful while fact-checking sources in the near future.

Edit: Oh good, it looks like Trump got his Twitter account back from his staff just in time. He's making up for his time away from Twitter by accusing Obama of a bunch of stuff, including causing "the worst economic numbers since the Great Depression". Honestly I think paying attention to the ratio of people replying to his tweets to make fun of him versus the number of people replying to show support and/or attack Hillary is its own sort of poll; the former has been steadily rising while the latter has noticeable declined.

Seeric fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 5, 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

I prefer Hillary talk about how wikileaks may be an accomplice to a conspiracy, but never file charges, therefore Assange is kept up living in the Ecuadorean embassy in London till he dies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

mcmagic posted:

People really overestimate how much the debates impact anything. They really don't change anyone's minds or turn base turnout. I could see Trump calling her a bitch or something like that in the debates to try to drive his turnout up though.

The debate where Ford said there was no communist domination of Eastern Europe won Carter the election. Trump could easily say something as stupid or more.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The collapse of every 2000 era shithead is some loving beautiful schadenfreude

almost makes the time they were in power worth it

Remember when Karl Rove was feared? Good times

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

I prefer Hillary talk about how wikileaks may be an accomplice to a conspiracy, but never file charges, therefore Assange is kept up living in the Ecuadorean embassy in London till he dies.

I wonder at what point Ecuador decides he isn;t worth it

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I want him to stay there. Look at the size of the embassy.

https://lofredocolombia.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ecuador-embassy-london-details.jpg

Best prison he can be given.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I love when liberals suddenly come out in favor of brutal punishments for people they dislike, it's cute. Way to stand by your principles.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

FairGame posted:

I texted my brother that the BL died and he said "what" then "Oh, the other Jeffrey Lebowski, the millionaire. That's interesting, that's loving interesting."

Also Greta Van Susteren sucks.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love when liberals suddenly come out in favor of brutal punishments for people they dislike, it's cute. Way to stand by your principles.

To be fair, I wouldn't call a prison term in a European prison a "brutal" punishment.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crowsbeak posted:

I think his rape victim deserves to see him go to court for it, to be honest.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Charlz Guybon posted:

The debate where Ford said there was no communist domination of Eastern Europe won Carter the election. Trump could easily say something as stupid or more.

I mean he's already said that Russia will never go into Ukraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Probably in 2017 since Correa doesn't want another term.

• Locked thread