Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I love this clip. "It's not just that the media is biased, it's that (Trump) is giving them help and aid along the way!" Not even Fox News can maintain the idea that Trump's campaign is competently run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Oh god, I hope that this marks a shift in the way the media is approaching the Trump campaign.

Remember on the first or maybe second day of the DNC, Al Franken sat down with a bunch of reporters and their broke-rear end mics and straight up told them to cut the poo poo and start calling the Trump gang on their poo poo?

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

FAUXTON posted:

Remember on the first or maybe second day of the DNC, Al Franken sat down with a bunch of reporters and their broke-rear end mics and straight up told them to cut the poo poo and start calling the Trump gang on their poo poo?

Link please! Not doubting you, its just not coming up on my search and I'd like to see it and the reporter's reactions while he was telling them to pull the thumb out.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump Is One Of The Dementors From The Harry Potter Books

Reading RedState right now is amazing :allears:.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

While I'm very glad that Trump is getting trashed by Hillary in the polls this week, Trump was actually leading her a week ago. Here's my question: what made those people who supported Trump no more than a few DAYS ago, suddenly change their minds? I mean yeah, yeah Trump said a whole bunch of noxious poo poo. So what? He's been spewing garbage like that ever since he started running (and for, you know, the the past 40 years). "I know Trump said he hated muslins, but I never thought he'd actually attack one!"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:siren: :siren: Holy poo poo shitballs, y'all :siren: :siren:

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/08/05/ajc-poll-hillary-clinton-has-slim-lead-over-donald-trump-in-georgia/

Clinton leading by 4....

...in GEORGIA :monocle:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

While I'm very glad that Trump is getting trashed by Hillary in the polls this week, Trump was actually leading her a week ago. Here's my question: what made those people who supported Trump no more than a few DAYS ago, suddenly change their minds?

That bump and rebound always happens after conventions practically every election

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Interweb posted:

"I know Trump said he hated muslins, but I never thought he'd actually attack one!"

Well, Southern states do have a bit of a history when it comes to cotton.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Mr Interweb posted:

While I'm very glad that Trump is getting trashed by Hillary in the polls this week, Trump was actually leading her a week ago. Here's my question: what made those people who supported Trump no more than a few DAYS ago, suddenly change their minds? I mean yeah, yeah Trump said a whole bunch of noxious poo poo. So what? He's been spewing garbage like that ever since he started running (and for, you know, the the past 40 years). "I know Trump said he hated muslins, but I never thought he'd actually attack one!"

Trump being extraordinarily lovely, the GOP discovering the listen contained in "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" about Clinton at the worst possible moment for them, the shift to the general making this all more visible, etc...

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761511930238496772

IT'S THE PIVOT :unsmigghh:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

I love this clip. "It's not just that the media is biased, it's that (Trump) is giving them help and aid along the way!" Not even Fox News can maintain the idea that Trump's campaign is competently run.
They did say that the media is biased though, they just pointed out that Trump is "helping" them by doing all this outrageous poo poo. Which I guess the lamestream media is then biased for giving airtime to, or something. Also that the media loved him during the primary and are wrecking his poo poo now, which they think is also bias and that they aren't guilty of it besides doing exactly the same thing.

This clip is a good example of why everyone working at Fox News should be sent to go live on the surface of the Sun.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Atlanta Journal-Constitution 2-way in Georgia: Clinton +4 :mmmhmm:
4-way: Clinton +3

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/08/05/ajc-poll-hillary-clinton-has-slim-lead-over-donald-trump-in-georgia/

Pollster is ABT SRBI, A- on 538

emdash fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 5, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

emdash posted:

Yes, that indeed would be a 4-way

:v:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yes, that indeed would be a 4-way

:v:

yyyyyyyikes, lol

Evidence that Trump's campaign is hurting his businesses: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/08/04/what-donald-trumps-candidacy-has-really-meant-for-his-business-empire/

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

emdash posted:

Atlanta Journal-Constitution 2-way in Georgia: Clinton +4 :mmmhmm:

Pollster is ABT SRBI, A- on 538

Yeah and wasn't another poll a tie last week? Interestingly Wikipedia says the same company did polling back in May and back then Bernie lead Trump by five points, whereas Trump lead Hillary by four points, so in this company's results Clinton has moved up eight points in about three months. I still think Trump will win the state but it could be very close.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

omg

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

sarmhan posted:

We'll have to see what the Evangelicals end up doing. They hate Democrats, but they also are realizing precisely how unchristian Trump is.

Many of them are pretty unchristian, too. They've thrown their support behind a walking, talking personification of the seven deadly sins because to them Christianity is an identity, not a religion. A, um, Christian Identity, you might say.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Interweb posted:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That bump and rebound always happens after conventions practically every election
Yeah. My understanding is that most of the Clinton bounce reflects Clinton consolidating her support among Democrats -- not Trump losing substantial numbers of voters within a few days. There may be some people fleeing the collapsing Trump Tower, but Trump's actual numbers haven't moved very much. He just flat out hasn't consolidated his base.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

emdash posted:

A Clinton +3 is more powerful than a Suit of Trump.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

The DNC pretty much robbed the Republican party of their pro-patriotism, pro-faith messaging (and twisted it so that it no longer depended upon hating minorities), and not 24 hours later Trump began spitting venom at everyone he could find, only to settle on a couple of grieving parents who a) then shot back, and b) kept their messaging clean, while c) pushing Trump to ever-higher levels of spite. You can only punch so far down before all but the most hateful of onlookers will go "whoa, steady on, that's a little much," and Trump, a (probable) billionaire who's in the running for the one of the most powerful political positions on Earth, trying to make nemeses out of a couple of civilians - and by immediately going after the wife, no less - left a bad taste in people's mouths. And that only got worse because Trump couldn't shut the gently caress up about it.

That inciting incident seems to have caused a lot of people in the media and elsewhere to view Trump's campaign with a more critical eye, at least for the moment, and as we've all seen, the man doesn't do well with criticism. You've got the Democrats sticking firmly to the high road and the Republicans playing cowed, gutless lackeys to the first-act villain in a morality play about the nature of hubris.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

While Clinton's obviously consolidated her base, another thing is that Clinton gave on-the-edge Republicans a bone by telling them 'come on, I know you love your party, but really?' at the same time as Trump went after a group you never, ever publically feud with because you're always going to lose, so you have a bunch of people who voted for guys like Kasich in the primary going "Well, I don't really like Hillary, but even if I can't really trust her with much, I can trust her to not be as bad as him." which has probably turned a strong bounce into "Oh my god everything is turning blue".

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

so the one line of attack they've had since the conventions has already been given up

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
MSNBC just had the Georgia poll up and had Trump leading on the graphic, apparently the tech guy couldn't believe it either.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

But will Trump won the ever-important swing state of Utah?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This coming from the same guy who still claims he saw a (non-existent) video of Muslims celebrating after 9/11 in New Jersey.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

With a narrow majority it would only take a few Tea party assholes to torpedo any bill, and he's going to be dealing with at least thirty to forty of them.

No, the only reason the Tea Party assholes/House Freedom Caucus have had ANY power is because of the refusal to work with Democrats.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

The man is incapable of ever admitting error.

Jackson Taus posted:

No, the only reason the Tea Party assholes/House Freedom Caucus have had ANY power is because of the refusal to work with Democrats.

If they actually do anything their base would tear them apart for being "impure."

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

FlamingLiberal posted:

This coming from the same guy who still claims he saw a (non-existent) video of Muslims celebrating after 9/11 in New Jersey.

The person who RT'd that noted that Trump last apologized for some tweet about Heidi Klum. He went back on the apology later.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if some staffer wrote the above tweet without Trump's approval, haha

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Geostomp posted:

The man is incapable of ever admitting error.

If they actually do anything their base would tear them apart for being "impure."

Seriously it's like he's saying that everyone is wrong about what he said he saw :psyduck:

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Wait, I thought he saw the plane in a briefing? It's hard for me to keep his bullshit collated.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I love how that tweet still insists that the money plane is real and that the controversy is just over whether or not there's video of it.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

So the Atlah World MIssionary Church, they of the, uh

is in massive debt and just got foreclosed on and is to be sold at public auction.

and look who's trying to buy it

Fyi this guy literally thinks secret gay starbucks baristas are using semen for coffee cream because it is the "cream of the blood" and every time there's a mic in front of him it's butthole this and rectum that, dude is a closet case of the highest order

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oxxidation posted:

The DNC pretty much robbed the Republican party of their pro-patriotism, pro-faith messaging (and twisted it so that it no longer depended upon hating minorities), and not 24 hours later Trump began spitting venom at everyone he could find, only to settle on a couple of grieving parents who a) then shot back, and b) kept their messaging clean, while c) pushing Trump to ever-higher levels of spite. You can only punch so far down before all but the most hateful of onlookers will go "whoa, steady on, that's a little much," and Trump, a (probable) billionaire who's in the running for the one of the most powerful political positions on Earth, trying to make nemeses out of a couple of civilians - and by immediately going after the wife, no less - left a bad taste in people's mouths. And that only got worse because Trump couldn't shut the gently caress up about it.

That inciting incident seems to have caused a lot of people in the media and elsewhere to view Trump's campaign with a more critical eye, at least for the moment, and as we've all seen, the man doesn't do well with criticism. You've got the Democrats sticking firmly to the high road and the Republicans playing cowed, gutless lackeys to the first-act villain in a morality play about the nature of hubris.

I'd have liked to see a mock West Wing episode where the staffers realise the GOP have left most of their patriotism/faith branding unused for their convention and it's totally up for grabs.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

haveblue posted:

I love how that tweet still insists that the money plane is real and that the controversy is just over whether or not there's video of it.

Is he hinting of some kind nazi/jew/illuminati/bilderberg type situation you think?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politics/pence-trump-question-young-boy/index.html

This kid is a champion! He asked a better question than like 90% of journalist and he's only 11! CNN should hire him as a talking head obviously.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

haveblue posted:

Not that is matters in any way, but didn't Obama confirm that it was a cash transaction yesterday at the Pentagon briefing? So the money had to get there one way or another and via plane sounds most likely to me.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

The Comey announcement last month really hurt Hillary for a few weeks, but now it's fading with time. Trump got a bounce from his convention, but that's also fading. Hillary's convention bump probably just peaked. Post-convention is also when a lot of people start being serious about the election, instead of only treating it as an entertaining sideshow. And on top of all this, Trump has gone into full meltdown mode with the Khan thing and everything else. I mean, even more so than usual.

Basically, if you remember back to sixth grade science class, where you learned about constructive and destructive interference of light waves, Hillary's campaign has focused into a powerful laser beam.

I think she'll maintain a lead, though not so dominant, over the next three months, and this week will be looked back upon as her high point. But I'd love to be wrong, and see her up the score.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Arrgytehpirate posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politics/pence-trump-question-young-boy/index.html

This kid is a champion! He asked a better question than like 90% of journalist and he's only 11! CNN should hire him as a talking head obviously.

Nah, CNNs kryptonite is good journalism.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Not that is matters in any way, but didn't Obama confirm that it was a cash transaction yesterday at the Pentagon briefing? So the money had to get there one way or another and via plane sounds most likely to me.

I read that it's literally illegal for the federal government to send USD to Iran (which sounds a little odd but just plausible enough) so they had to use an intermediary and the money was in various currencies.

Edit: Holy poo poo, I bet it's illegal to send dollars because of the Iran-Contra scandal.

Anyway, it's in the original WSJ story.

quote:

Wooden pallets stacked with euros, Swiss francs and other currencies were flown into Iran on an unmarked cargo plane, according to these officials. The U.S. procured the money from the central banks of the Netherlands and Switzerland, they said.

Regardless the video story was the bizarre thing - why the hell would the government even video it let alone release the video.

Hey remember that time when the Bush admin sent billions of dollars by plane to Iraq and the money just disappeared?

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the money plane that was an obligated payment for a long-outstanding debt and made necessary by quirks of our relationship to Iran is real, the money plane that was a direct bribe for releasing hostages is not real, and the tweet doesn't acknowledge any difference between the two.

• Locked thread