Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Concordat posted:

Vox has an aversion to fun and thinks tedium=difficulty, is why.

the crap he posts in the thread has a lot less tedium than a lot of the heists we get actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Why? If it's because Anarchist/Frenzy is broken, that's a problem with that specific combination - not a problem with perk decks in general.

A bunch of the perk decks are overpowered- Anarchist/Frenzy aside, the introduction of healing perk decks in particular kinda broke the previous structure of gameplay. I've posted about this a fair amount in the past; when anyone can heal to full by killing a handful of enemies or playing defensively for a minute, it becomes really hard to fail a heist unless the entire group wipes at once. The omnipresence of law enforcer intimidation and refilling zipties further adds to the effect.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Also, give everyone the headshot damage bonus and Fast and Furious so I don't have to gently caress with my breakpoints

Maybe- not doing it would be one way of adjusting enemy health across the board. Again, these passive, universal buffs have had the effect of making everything much closer to trivial. It's hard to fully evaluate how strong the effects would be without them.

Concordat posted:

I, um, don't think this has anything to do with what I said. Again, when I post about heist changes that would add tasks or make them take longer, that's in addition to a bunch of other qualitative changes to loud gameplay that would make the combat more difficult and variable. Killing every enemy in one hit, bulldozers in four, is boring.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 4, 2016

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Vox is a cool dude and/or poster and is probably better than a good number of you. Also hearing Death Vox ideas is still interesting. :colbert:

Also,

Iamgoofball posted:

With the ability to add custom cops becoming available, I realized cop spawn code is completely incompatible with running multiple custom cop mods at once.

So, I wrote a design document for custom cop spawning code that supports this and much more.

http://pastebin.com/SgZPfmB8

What do you guys think?
I took a look through this when you posted it in mumble earlier. I have no idea how Payday deals with cop spawning, but if Goonmod is/was able to gently caress around with the spawn rates of specials and greens with mutators, I would guess this would be possible. And if so, it'd be useful as gently caress. I'm no coder though, so I dunno.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe- not doing it would be one way of adjusting enemy health across the board. Again, these passive, universal buffs have had the effect of making everything much closer to trivial. It's hard to fully evaluate how strong the effects would be without them.

I hear that, but with the Crimefest update it wouldn't be practical. All the guns were retooled to 40/80/160 breakpoints, which assume the headshot bonus. We don't have a 50-damage Eagle Heavy to fall back on.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

I, um, don't think this has anything to do with what I said. Again, when I post about heist changes that would add tasks or make them take longer, that's in addition to a bunch of other qualitative changes to loud gameplay that would make the combat more difficult and variable. Killing every enemy in one hit, bulldozers in four, is boring.

Just saying that getting rid of Perk decks entirely is a bit extreme. And a lot of the objectives you add read like time sinks, I'm sorry if that's not what you intend but that's the impression I get from a lot of them.

Or in otherwords, it was using hyperbole as a joke.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alright who wants to Kiss the Chef with me tonight and cook 25 bags of Meth on Cookoff on Overkill? I'm free after 8:00pm eastern. I'm happy to do most of the cooking.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like cop clicking. Sure, I'll hop on mumble and help out with my cancerous Anarchist Frenzerker shotty build. I'm Shadowbag on the mumble, and some stupid, constantly changing anime poo poo on steam.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shadowbag posted:

I like cop clicking. Sure, I'll hop on mumble and help out with my cancerous Anarchist Frenzerker shotty build. I'm Shadowbag on the mumble, and some stupid, constantly changing anime poo poo on steam.
I'll probably do the same and bring two fat bags of ammo and try to shoehorn shouting in there to to be a good team player.

edit: I'm totally going to stealth Murky Station beforehand, too

edit2: the thought of listening to Bain say the order of ingredients 25 times is making me nauseous. I wish once he figured it out he wouldnt be so choppy with it the rest of the heist.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 4, 2016

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's some BLT mod out there that puts the correct ingredient in the text chat. I'll probably install it for this heist, though I'm not so far gone that hearing Bain gently caress up making table saltmeth constantly doesn't amuse me. This will probably change after the run though.

Edit: Found it.

Shadowbag fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 4, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bort Bortles posted:

edit2: the thought of listening to Bain say the order of ingredients 25 times is making me nauseous. I wish once he figured it out he wouldnt be so choppy with it the rest of the heist.

There's something worse- reading thousand-word reddit effortposts that try to come up with in-canon reasons why Bain would scramble the order.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shadowbag posted:

There's some BLT mod out there that puts the correct ingredient in the text chat. I'll probably install it for this heist, though I'm not so far gone that hearing Bain gently caress up making table saltmeth constantly doesn't amuse me. This will probably change after the run though.

I thought you were going to link Meth Helper which includes a super spammy version which will literally non-stop say the correct ingredients in chat as well as whenever an ingredient has been added or when a cook is finished.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Bug notice
Players running pocohud will sporadically cause other players in their group to lose their connection at about 95-96% when loading a new map. This appears to happen whether the person with pocohud is client or host. What functions of pocohud cause this are not currently known.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 4, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shadowbag posted:

Installed, thanks!

Soral
May 30, 2009

Concordat posted:

just because he's boring and autismal doesnt necessarily mean hes a tedium elemental who seeks to destroy fun. its purely accidental in most cases, i'm sure

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Shadowbag posted:

Vox is probably better than a good number of you.

Exactly the reason he should NOT design heists. If you are better than most players your idea of difficult far exceeds what they are capable of. It's why people think Death Vox conceptually is dumb. It's catering to a 1% crowd of super gamer, to the McBadasses of the community who can do any heist on DW melee only suit no skills. gently caress that.

No offense Vox.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

It's catering to a 1% crowd of super gamer

Hmm... Nope.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Concordat posted:

If he's looking for a challenge, he's sure found the right thread.

Edit: Oh yeah, have we heard anything about the next DLC yet?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have a Cook Off on Overkill lobby up on Tyromancer, going to cook 25 bags to get the monthly side job and click a lot of cops. Will be on mumble in ~5 minutes.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Our friend here does this weird thing where he disagrees with a lot of the comments that are pro Vox and simultaneously disagrees with a lot of the comments that are anti Vox. This occurs to the point where you can't tell where he falls on the issue.

Luci, what is your opinion on skub?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

Luci, what is your opinion on skub?

:sad:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Meldonox posted:

If he's looking for a challenge, he's sure found the right thread.

Edit: Oh yeah, have we heard anything about the next DLC yet?

No. The achievements that came and went will return for the next big update, but it's not known if they are DLC or not (they probably are). There are at least two DLC or heists currently in the works.

Fat Pipe Leak:
  • Overkill has a huge list of guns they want to add to Payday 2. Like, way more than they will ever put in the game. As they conceptualize a DLC, they go to the list and pick the ones they think will fit best with it.
  • Beardlib is a mess and the way it's currently implemented creates a tidal wave of bugs every time the game updates.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Whatever happened to that big underground temple vault thing they showed off a few times? I remember it being for a level of some sort but I don't remember them bringing it up again after that

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

Fat Pipe Leak:
  • Overkill has a huge list of guns they want to add to Payday 2. Like, way more than they will ever put in the game. As they conceptualize a DLC, they go to the list and pick the ones they think will fit best with it.

Is it entirely real guns or does it have silly poo poo like Robocop's Berretta 93 Raffica and the railgun from Eraser?

Grapplejack posted:

Whatever happened to that big underground temple vault thing they showed off a few times? I remember it being for a level of some sort but I don't remember them bringing it up again after that

Probably behind the basement doors in the Big Bank or where the Peacock Room would be in The Diamond. (not implemented)

Concordat fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 5, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Concordat posted:

silly poo poo like Robocop's Berretta 93 Raffica and the railgun from Eraser?

the final DLC for Payday 2, clearly, must be the Zorg ZF-1

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

I think that was Cagliostro's vault, which was just the setting for crimefest II. It was full of safes! And Vlad! We know how that turned out...

Concordat posted:

Is it entirely real guns or does it have silly poo poo like Robocop's Berretta 93 Raffica and the railgun from Eraser?

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like it was real guns. Basically OVK has several Brickfights working for them.

Concordat posted:

Probably behind the basement doors in the Big Bank or where the Peacock Room would be in The Diamond. (not implemented)

God, I wish, so very much, for the Peacock room...Overkillll :argh:

Explanation: The Diamond is set in a version of the Freer Gallery, an actual museum in the Smithsonian that mostly displays East Asian art. One of the exceptions is arguably its star attraction, the Peacock Room. The Peacock Room was an entire room built as a contiguous display area for a famous British shipping magnate and art collector/comissioner, Frederick Richards Leyland. When the architect of the room got sick near the end of construction in the 1870s, famed/notorious American artist James McNeill Whistler(who was commissioned for other work in the house) was called in to make some minor finishing changes. Whistler was one of the quintessential rear end in a top hat artisitic visionaries of the era (think Sander Cohen), so instead he redecorated the whole room, turning it into a fully painted blue-and-gold showcase-all without permission while the owner was out of town. This produced some fun drama between Whistler and the client.

Eventually American eccentric businessman Freer purchased the room, and had the whole thing disassembled, moved across the Atlantic to Detroit, and reassembled as part of his house. Finally it was disassembled and transported cross-country again to become a part of the Freer gallery when the dude donated it (along with most of the collection that is still shown in Freer). It's really awesome.

All the gold is gold leaf. All the ceramics are roughly medieval-era Chinese. In the actual Freer gallery, which looks almost exactly like the front parts of The Diamond, you walk through a door and you're in that room. I so wanna steal it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 5, 2016

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

I think that was Cagliostro's vault, which was just the setting for crimefest II. It was full of safes! And Vlad! We know how that turned out...

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like it was real guns. Basically OVK has several Brickfights working for them.

God, I wish, so very much, for the Peacock room...Overkillll :argh:

Explanation: The Diamond is set in a version of the Freer Gallery, an actual museum in the Smithsonian that mostly displays East Asian art. One of the exceptions is arguably its star attraction, the Peacock Room. The Peacock Room was an entire room built as a contiguous display area for a famous British shipping magnate and art collector/comissioner, Frederick Richards Leyland. When the architect of the room got sick near the end of construction in the 1870s, famed/notorious American artist James McNeill Whistler(who was commissioned for other work in the house) was called in to make some minor finishing changes. Whistler was one of the quintessential rear end in a top hat artisitic visionaries of the era (think Sander Cohen), so instead he redecorated the whole room, turning it into a fully painted blue-and-gold showcase-all without permission while the owner was out of town. This produced some fun drama between Whistler and the client.

Eventually American eccentric businessman Freer purchased the room, and had the whole thing disassembled, moved across the Atlantic to Detroit, and reassembled as part of his house. Finally it was disassembled and transported cross-country again to become a part of the Freer gallery when the dude donated it (along with most of the collection that is still shown in Freer). It's really awesome.

All the gold is gold leaf. All the ceramics are roughly medieval-era Chinese. In the actual Freer gallery, which looks almost exactly like the front parts of The Diamond, you walk through a door and you're in that room. I so wanna steal it.

You wanna steal it, I wanna launch a 40mm into those vases.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Concordat posted:

I want more silly weapons, when's Overkill bringing the Ultimate Co-Op Weapon to Payday.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

XXV-100.

Full safehouse vault.

I'm finally free.

(Huge thanks to Chairface, Bort and, uh, whoever Shadowbag is. Now to wait for the next DLC.)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

XXV-100.

Full safehouse vault.

I'm finally free.

(Huge thanks to Chairface, Bort and, uh, whoever Shadowbag is. Now to wait for the next DLC.)
:prepop:

Thanks for helping me get a whole bunch that I didnt have.

edit: you wont be free once more DLCs come out!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh people are actually doing pro-biker?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
If missions are gonna be bites from movies there should be an Indiana Jones venice job.
Like library cellar (stealth sewer) that can get hosed up and become waterway escape with guys getting thrown through propellers.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Published my Custom Cop Template mod. Thanks to SC for the method, I turned it into a usable template mod for modders wanting to experiment with custom cops without going through the 10+ hours of pain and suffering I did.

http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=17102

Don't touch the stove with this poo poo active otherwise people are going to crash or desync or watch you die from invisible cops or some poo poo. Buyer beware

Iamgoofball fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 5, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

^^404

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

grancheater posted:

I want more silly weapons, when's Overkill bringing the Ultimate Co-Op Weapon to Payday.

I thought this was gonna be a link to a MANPADS unit to shoot down police helicopters and such, clearly I'm thinking too small.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Fixed the link

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Crabtree posted:

I did it with a Dodge build. :smug:

chairface posted:

Dodging's just not consistent, even before the skill revamp. Sometimes 2 snipers shoot you and both were dodged and sometimes that's it and you're down. I like being able to gauge realistically how much punishment I can get away with taking in the near future and dodging is a mechanic that works against that.

Dodge was nerfed, yes, but with Rogue you still get 55 dodge. With aced Optical Illusions (enemies are 45% less likely to target you), survivability is higher than you think. Just accept that due to RNG you will go down every now and then and will need team-mates to pick you up. Get Messiah if you want to pick yourself up at least once, or more sensibly ace Swan Song so you can clear the area of enemies with your unlimited ammo before you fall.

I also tried Crook for a bit, and it also works well with the greatly increased amount of armour so you're not as dependent on RNG, but I found that my guns were underpowered even with crits.

Honestly, what they should do now is really reduce both the frequency of flashbangs and the length of time that they affect you. Being flashbanged every now and then is fine; being flashbanged 3 loving times in less than a minute is egregious artificial difficulty. Similarly with smoke - every now and then, sure, makes the game a bit harder. Constantly? gently caress that poo poo, it's the game straight up telling you that you're not allowed to return fire at enemies.

Wastrel_ fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 5, 2016

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Cripes, LGL... :facepalm:.

I just...

I can't even...

:psypop:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

averox posted:

I just...

I can't even...

:psypop:

FWIW I'm not 100% certain I'm understanding how it works. On some level it's a clever idea for forcing structured, hidden variation in the mechanic(like the phone call on big bank being tied to dead civs). On the other hand, it cuts directly against people going for the achievement, which is...not a great call.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Crabtree posted:

Do people not do biker heist for some reason? :confused:

Tempest_56 posted:

I'm finally free.

nice work, congratulations. Welcome to the "now I have to pay day-one full price for all DLC to keep my perfect achievement score" club. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Psion posted:

Do people not do biker heist for some reason? :confused:

I think the issue is more the Pro part of it - which, yeah, I don't see that often. I just roped 'em in because it was my last achievement.

quote:

nice work, congratulations. Welcome to the "now I have to pay day-one full price for all DLC to keep my perfect achievement score" club. :v:

poo poo man, I'm a lifer, I've been doing that since the Sokol pack.

Unrelated! I've been experimenting to find a good use for the Biker perk deck and can't seem to figure out the sweet spot. Anybody had any success with it?