Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cythereal posted:

Also, pink Mississippi.

Pink *south Carolina*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Nonsense posted:

People seem pissed that he lived to be able to sue the city.

He didn't live, his family is suing

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would make me so happy to see a straight line of blue from east coast to west coast, whatever path you had to go through the states. If the Democrats manage to split Nebraska or Kansas, in drawing those stripes horizontal and counting it as coast to coast.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

greatn posted:

It would make me so happy to see a straight line of blue from east coast to west coast, whatever path you had to go through the states. If the Democrats manage to split Nebraska or Kansas, in drawing those stripes horizontal and counting it as coast to coast.

Maybe blue counties will form that chain. :unsmith:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

zoux posted:

Mormons loving hate Trump.

Honestly I gotta give it up to Mormons this cycle, with every other religious conservative jettisoning their convictions to talk themselves into voting for Trump, it's been good to see at least one group of Christians actually stand up for their moral principles, however wrong headed they may be.

lol
https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/761600506624110592

From what I've read, Catholic Church attendance is one of he best predictors of opposition to Trump right now.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

sarmhan posted:

We'll have to see what the Evangelicals end up doing. They hate Democrats, but they also are realizing precisely how unchristian Trump is.

He's a very hard sell as a pro-life candidate, and a lot of those people are die hard single issues voters over abortion.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

What in the gently caress were they thinking? They weren't even aiming. :stare:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Mormons seem to really be against Trump.

Say what you will about their sometimes odd ways, they practice what they preach with morality and whatnot, unlike many evangelicals.

Yeah this is a nice way to look at things, but it is also worth noting that Cliven Bundy and company are Mormon as gently caress. There's a real strong "We will go to war with the federal government in the name of Team Golden Plates" element to Mormonism.

It just doesn't get exported to non-Salt Lake City urban centers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So at what point are we going to see people who toxxed for Trump start accepting that they're almost certainly screwed?

Sooner or later something will happen, like people thinking "this can't be real, Trump isn't this stupid" and his numbers will go back up, right? I mean it's 90ish days to go and he can't be this big a trainwreck that entire time. Sooner or later something's gotta go, even if it's the GOPe having a breakdown and splitting the party.

OTOH, Trump could still be a big enough gift to hand the Dems the senate, cut in to the House lead, and if the Dems and Sanders supporters can actually show the gently caress up for the 2018 midterms we might get to unfuck the congressional layout a decade or two early. Especially if we can get a law passed nationally that can force states to use a system like California's and outlaw Gerrymandering. If Congressional seats weren't such a goddamn travesty the GOP would either not hold the House right now or they'd be as likely to lose it as they are to lose the Senate. Imagine Clinton winning while Dems take both chambers and there's no Blue Dog assholes to excessively water things down... :sigh:

Metapod posted:

What does this gently caress have to do for my state to stop being dark red :gonk:

Considering the states that are still dark red? Be black.

Oh my god, CNN is doing actual journalism and calling people on their bullshit instead of letting it slide? What reality did I wake up in this morning? :psyduck:

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
Also, the churchy people I know have been passing this link around all over: http://www.solidarity-party.org/

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Unzip and Attack posted:

The best part of this op-ed is that it confirms the "gently caress the White House correspondents dinner" story.

Hillary is such a bad rear end and the more time goes by, the more I realize that any negative feelings I had about her were due to being indoctrinated by the multi-decade campaign against her. I was dumb and wrong to hold those opinions :(

To continue this weeks' theme, everyone should watch, laugh at, and remember Obama dunking on Trump, at the 2011 White House Correspondent's Dinner for his birtherism and bullshit opinions, remembering that this was also when we got Osama. :patriot:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 5, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Todd "legitimate rape" Akin said that Trump is "a breath of fresh air" for the GOP.

quote:

He says there are parallels between the calls to boot Trump from the presidential race and his own brush with the ire of the party’s establishment after his infamous “legitimate rape” comments.

During a Thursday interview with Morning Consult, a rare occurrence since his 2014 book tour, Akin scoffed at the recent controversy involving Trump and Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of a Muslim-American soldier who was killed in Iraq in 2004. Khizr Khan questioned Trump’s knowledge of the Constitution during remarks at the Democratic National Convention, disagreeing with his proposed temporary ban on Muslims from traveling to America.

“They took advantage of people’s sympathy because their child died,” Akin said. Pointing to Sharia law, the basis of an Islamic legal system, he said Khan “carried it too far when he held up the U.S. Constitution. The question should have been the other way, to Muslims: Have you read the Constitution?”

quote:

“It’s such a breath of fresh air,” Akin said, calling Trump a “populist Republican” whose political views may not be fully formed. “People who haven’t been hanging around or paying much attention to politics, you ask them what they think about the issues, sometimes they come up with a refreshing answer.”

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Knight posted:

To continue this weeks' theme, everyone should watch, laugh at, and remember Obama dunking on Trump, at the 2011 White House Correspondent's Dinner for his birtherism and bullshit opinions, remembering that this was also when we got Osama. :patriot:

There's a theory that it was at that very dinner that "candidate Trump" was born.

Which would have previously horrified me, but considering how bad he's tanking I'm OK with.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

What in the gently caress were they thinking? They weren't even aiming. :stare:

It's a black neighborhood, they don't give a gently caress.

"It's unclear as to whether or not he was the actual shooter, but you are going to hear one of the police officers say, 'Now I'm going to get a 30-day suspension,'" said Michael Oppenheimer, the O'Neal family's attorney.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

theflyingorc posted:

There's a theory that it was at that very dinner that "candidate Trump" was born.

Which would have previously horrified me, but considering how bad he's tanking I'm OK with.

That dinner, combined with the media insisting that The Apprentice was not actually the #1 rated TV show permanently and forever.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

I know the first place I look for informed opinions on political issues is with people who haven't been "paying much attention". Best of the Public!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I think we need to do something to combat the growing scourge of criminals using micro-EMP weapons to disable the bodycams of our noble boys in blue to try and make them look bad.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Hollismason posted:

It's weird that police body cameras don't work but I can watch someone's GoPro video of them falling down a mountain.

I have killed a GoPro Hero HD, the original HD variant.

I bought it in 2010 and it has sat in the sun for countless hours and has been overheated more than a few times; however, it wasn't the heat that killed it. A suboptimal mounting solution and years of vibrations killed it. Years of 80+mph driving and bouncing off of FIA curbing killed it.

You have to actively try to make these things stop working. Alternatively, you can just not turn it on. Occam's razor is a motherfucker.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a shameful boehner posted:

I think we need to do something to combat the growing scourge of criminals using micro-EMP weapons to disable the bodycams of our noble boys in blue to try and make them look bad.

You know what's in the GOP platform? EMP THREATS :freep:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I'm going to go ahead and call it now, that at least once during this election cycle a CNN headline will speculate (or cite speculation) that Trump's performance is so catastrophic he must be a DNC false flag. Fox News might do this, too.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

theflyingorc posted:

Let's not forget interrupting Celebrity Apprentice to announce the death of Bin Laden.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/gideonresnick/status/761612276591947776

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Deadulus posted:

Robert Greene is in the PUA scene. He has another book called Seduction. He tries to act like a super mastermind that manipulates people with ease.

He claims to read the Art of War all the time to get his divine inspiration or something.

:lol: the Art of War is literally a loving pamphlet. I'm pretty sure being able to give a superficial comparison of Jomini and Clausewitz is the floor for pseudo-intellectual armchair tacticians these days.

Is it me or are there actually five Steves?

fake edit:
Steve Roth
Steve Mnuchin
Steve Calk
Steve Feinberg
Steve Moore

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Two of them are Stephens. :colbert:

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
trump's new york guy is getting out the vote in the most effective way

a raving lunatic posted:

Buffalo developer Carl P. Paladino, co-chair of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's New York campaign, told a New York newspaper Thursday that President Barack Obama is a Muslim -- thereby reviving a myth that objective fact-checkers have debunked repeatedly for years.

Paladino told the New York Observer that the president has tried to mislead the American people into believing he is a Christian, but that the public doesn't buy it.

“In the mind of the average American, there is no doubt he is a Muslim,” Paladino told the New York Observer. “He is not a Christian.”

The story, by Observer reporter Will Bredderman, said Paladino made those comments in a telephone interview for an unrelated story, in which he "abruptly changed gears" to attack the president.

for those who don't know WNY politics or weren't following the 2010 race for governor, local hero carl paladino got his start by marrying into a family that got rich because they managed to hide the funds their patriarch embezzled from the state when he was arrested. carl's done things like run on an anti-gay platform while owning a gay bar, almost lose (by a margin of less than 100 votes) to an 18-year-old still in high school for a school board seat, send bestiality pictures and racist memes around to his constituents, and try to get preservation status taken off a building he wanted to ~develop~ by sending a letter to the preservation board claiming it was a gay brothel and thus not worthy of status. he's a loon. also he probably has more cash on hand on any given time than trump does lol

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:laffo: now I want to know what she listens to. :allears:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

hcreight posted:

Two of them are Stephens. :colbert:

Stephes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lightning Knight posted:

YOu know, I'm really going to miss Obama. He's truly a fantastic orator, but he's also natural at comedic timing. I don't think we'll ever have another president in my lifetime that can dunk the way he can.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Haha, Hilldawg's launched an all-Spanish Twitter. This is gonna send Trump into the stratosphere.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lightning Knight posted:

Lil Boosie

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Lightning Knight posted:

Killer Mike

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I can't wait to see how they get away with it. This is loving pathetic. Cops are scum.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can't wait to see how they get away with it. This is loving pathetic. Cops are scum.

Yeah, I would be shocked if they got fired or criminally charged. But maybe they can get more than the 30-day suspension they complained about on video.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crow Jane posted:

Haha, Hilldawg's launched an all-Spanish Twitter. This is gonna send Trump into the stratosphere.

They should keep this and make it the official Spanish language Presidential Twitter when she wins.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Mariachi covers of Wu-Tang tracks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Barudak posted:

pls don't doxx me.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah, I would be shocked if they got fired or criminally charged. But maybe they can get more than the 30-day suspension they complained about on video.

They will get put on admin-leave and have their pay reimbursed after being cleared.

The only "interesting" thing about these now is the creative way the police union or police chief describes the situation so that the police were acting correctly.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

going from my 65-year-old mom's musical tastes: pink martini, radiohead, patsy cline, the hamilton ocr, and godflesh

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Barudak posted:

legit if true

Lightning Knight posted:

JayZ

On an unrelated note, I really, really want to hear Hillary Clinton say 'gently caress' at least once in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

From rolling stone

quote:

Like most in her generation, Clinton grew up with classic rock: "The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, the Who and the Doors," she said recently, "all of that, plus I like classical music because I find it relaxing when I'm thinking about stressful things." During college, she was dancing to Elvis and Supremes songs.

• Locked thread